Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Indiegogo stretch goal announced - Official discussion thread

So the epic looking fountain allows "players" to drink from it. Does that mean if it's in my house, any random player be them KS backer, IGG investor, or Jonny come launch can use it? Sounds like it.

Meanwhile, KS backers get an item that they can use for "a character" "can only be used by the owner of the building in which it is placed"

"Why are we including a stretch goal reward for ALL prior backers?  Well, that’s simple: while new sources of funding are always appreciated, we never want to forget our existing backer community. We literally wouldn’t be here without you!" By that logic, I'd think you should be giving it to all backers, and not the downgraded version but the uber IGG fountain - because like you said you are here because of us. Without us taking the riskier risk on Kickstarter there is no IndieGoGo opportunity. 

I feel a bit like Woody when Andy got Buzz!  :huh: I get the need for a carrot to get backers to become investors but, dang ACE, we (KS Backers) and you go way back! Surely that glorious blood fountain could be extended to us old school KS backers as well?  :wub: Maybe made crafterable to obtainable at the least?  ;) Maybe a tiny pocket snowglobe version at the leastest? Something to impress the ladies with on a pvp-date? "Check out this sweet pocket blood fountain I carry around for a luck."  :D 

Edited by tierless

I role play a wordsmith.

So the epic looking fountain allows "players" to drink from it. Does that mean if it's in my house, any random player be them KS backer, IGG investor, or Jonny come launch can use it? Sounds like it.

Meanwhile, KS backers get an item that they can use for "a character" "can only be used by the owner of the building in which it is placed"

"Why are we including a stretch goal reward for ALL prior backers?  Well, that’s simple: while new sources of funding are always appreciated, we never want to forget our existing backer community. We literally wouldn’t be here without you!" By that logic, I'd think you should be giving it to all backers, and not the downgraded version but the uber IGG fountain - because like you said you are here because of us. Without us taking the riskier risk on Kickstarter there is no IndieGoGo opportunity. 

I feel a bit like Woody when Andy got Buzz!  :huh: I get the need for a carrot to get backers to become investors but, dang ACE, we (KS Backers) and you go way back! Surely that glorious blood fountain could be extended to us old school KS backers as well?  :wub: Maybe made crafterable to obtainable at the least?  ;) Maybe a tiny pocket snowglobe version at the leastest? Something to impress the ladies with on a pvp-date? "Check out this sweet pocket blood fountain I carry around for a luck."  :D 

Well you could argue which is better since the fountain need a large relic slot where the horn only need a small (which we probably will have more off I would guess), but regardless of that even I couldn't care less really, I bet there gonna be WAY better options for both small and large relic slots than the abbilty to refill your food meter once a day, doesn't sound like that great of a bonus

Well you could argue which is better since the fountain need a large relic slot where the horn only need a small (which we probably will have more off I would guess), but regardless of that even I couldn't care less really, I bet there gonna be WAY better options for both small and large relic slots than the abbilty to refill your food meter once a day, doesn't sound like that great of a bonus

I'd be happy with the pocket version! More or less it is a thing worth keeping an eye on. It closely skirts something that could be very detrimental to the CF community by forming a rift between KS and IGG via notions of Invest2Win. Artcraft has often skirted such things but they have never, as far as I recall, gone too far with it. I do think saying something now is better than regretting not saying something later. Then again it might not be. Players seem to have grown surprisingly comfortable with such things.

So far my only issue with IGG is that it didn't happen years ago because I would have backed via that route and not backed via KS. I'd much rather get a game and stock (potential return) than just get a game.

I role play a wordsmith.

So if you are both a investor and a backer....do you get both the statue and the horn?

And can they both be used once every 24 hours???

Yes you get both and they are different relics so they can both be used.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

I may be wrong, but I think that anyone with a contributor or higher package is considered a backer. If you are talking about the investment thing, anyone who invested is a backer since the minimum investment amount grants the contributor package.

I'm 100% certain that if the stretch goal is reached, you will get the backer reward.

This is correct.

D= that statue looks brutal.... sad that it is investors only.... anyway... cool thing. Wish you guys the best result 

Edit: Will the fountain relic be tradeable or achievable without being an investor?

Yes, both relics can be freely traded between players.

All items which were available in KS or later pledge packages are also attainable in game, albeit with different color/skins. Can the same thing be said about the blood fountain?

By attainable, I don't mean that I buy it from another player who got it from investing.

Edited by Verot

All items which were available in KS or later pledge packages are also attainable in game, albeit with different color/skins. Can the same thing be said about the blood fountain?

By attainable, I don't mean that I buy it from another player who got it from investing.

From the Relics and Artifacts FAQ:

Relics can be collected in Campaigns or crafted using rare reagents.

I have to imagine that these relics, or similar versions of them, will be available through in game effort.

Ah, I didnt think of it that way, good question. 

I role play a wordsmith.

I think it'd be more interesting to get to choose between the two, have a portable version or take the statue to have it in your home. I'm mostly interested in the statue as a center piece. Ruby and beyond should def net all rewards! I promise I'm not just saying that because I'm a Ruby backer.

I think it'd be more interesting to get to choose between the two, have a portable version or take the statue to have it in your home. I'm mostly interested in the statue as a center piece. Ruby and beyond should def net all rewards! I promise I'm not just saying that because I'm a Ruby backer.

As I understand none of them are portable they both require a relic slot they said (statue need large relic slot, horn need small relic slot)

This sounds great, I cant wait to see what other backer rewards there.

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."- Bruce Lee

The prizes seem alright. Especially, the next milestone that crowfall has for investors. I personally don't see how I'll use these itmes simply because I won't own a castle. I see myself being more of the ind of guy that goes into combat and brings home the gooda ;). I wouldn't mind investing if there were items or skins that would be used in combat (Obv wouldn't effect stats). Anyway! Items look good for those who will own property!!

Edited by Ricco96
  • 2 weeks later...