Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dustydrool187

Big World Step-BACK

Yeah, right now this game is pretty terrible...

The GUI needs a huge amount of work. How about not being blind while crafting in a 'drop everything on death mmo'. Getting ganked while I can't see who is near me is pretty silly. For a game that has an emphasis on crafting, such a heavy punishment for doing it really drives me away from wanting to craft. 

Until there is a place to store your stuff the game should not be full loot. I'm generally fine with looting other players (Or them me), but there needs to be some way to store progress. Right now your entire game life is stuck in your inventory. 

The pacing is bad. I spend most of the time doing maintenance tasks, not fighting, doing fun stuff, etc..

Also, the timers on crafting are bad. I spend more time looking at a yellow bar ticking down than playing the game.

Right now, this is the game loop for me -

Log in, get ganked with nothing -> run off and get some crafting tools and basic armor -> Spend most of my time in a window that doesn't let me see the world -> Get ganked again while crafting -> Lose most all game progress -> Log onto forums -> Complain

Either add storage like a warehouse or literally anything to put stuff between adventures, or remove full loot for these alphas, or drive away people interested in your product.

/end rant

I guess im confused why so many commentors speak as they have no clue what a game in early development truely is.  Did you folks think this game was full feature release ready? Please explain to me I am trying to understand your logic from some of the responses in this thread and many others all over the boards.  Feel like I'm in a bad episode of the twilight zone.

For example, imagine and going to stand in line to see a movie that many people want to see and there is that one person in line saying "This movie is going to suck poorly made socks bawlz" While everyone else is wondering why this person is even here to begin with.

Sincerely,

Beta

Edited by betaguy

THE CORRUPT FEAR  | THE HONEST SUPPORT  | THE HEROIC JOIN 

I guess im confused why so many commentors speak as they have no clue what a game in early development truely is.  Did you folks think this game was full feature release ready? Please explain to me I am trying to understand your logic from some of the responses in this thread and many others all over the boards.  Feel like I'm in a bad episode of the twilight zone.

Sincerely,

Beta

Yes people seem to not understand this no matter what kind of disclaimers ACE give them.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Yes, we should. Absolutely. And it will help more if such feedbacks are given constructively and in the feedback threads where they belong, instead of spreading them everywhere, from the ingame chat through the suggestions forum up to the discussions forum and elswhere. Especially if the main focus of those statements increasingly seem to be the complaining action itself.

If someone wants to help the development, they should go to the feedback thread and share constructive feedback. And if they just don't, they should be prepared to get feedback themselves. So i can't copy your feeling about "just crushing".

So you can just redirect them to the right section.

It is the case period, I don't think it's bad for people to leave feedback on everything, but they shouldn't be getting "upset" about testing parameters.

regardless of "testing" as a tester or anyone who plays alpha should let their concerns be heard. I know I'm not the only one feeling this way, i cant speak for everyone but this is the feeling i get.  There are a few things ArtCraft needs to get right for us to be successful at helping them work out the kinks etc. 

Without a banking system the lifespan of a tester is a few hours TOPS. they need to prolong game play so we want to stay on and progress a bit. Cuz all i do is harvest people who hit nodes and then they log cuz they dont want to do it all over again for 2 hours.  This is just one point, but @vikingnail your are absolutely wrong.

We need to have the tools to be successful as a tester

**please list tools**

Some people may never understand that every good test setup has to use different variables to get different datas that will be used to find the best way to finally do something.

Just like some people may never learn to constructively use the dedicated feedback threads, instead of simply expressing there displeasure somewhere. 

But thats just a guess and maybe i err. Maybe it's not even a guess, but just some kind of suggestion.

How about you redirect the thread then and use your powers to be to make progress.  Instead you rant and try to make a point that doesn't help, just feed to the fodder.....  

Redirect post then k thanks

will food be needed for playing in epic kingdoms, too?

i mean... thats the chillout-zone where you dont get meaningful rewards, so risk should be nonexistant either, right?

Epic kingdoms = Eternal Kingdoms?

They said you have total control of your eternal kingdoms parameters and that campaigns worlds use the same tech as EKs. So you probably can turn the hunger off in your EK but no words from the devs about it specifically.

regardless of "testing" as a tester or anyone who plays alpha should let their concerns be heard. I know I'm not the only one feeling this way, i cant speak for everyone but this is the feeling i get.  There are a few things ArtCraft needs to get right for us to be successful at helping them work out the kinks etc. 

Without a banking system the lifespan of a tester is a few hours TOPS. they need to prolong game play so we want to stay on and progress a bit. Cuz all i do is harvest people who hit nodes and then they log cuz they dont want to do it all over again for 2 hours.  This is just one point, but @vikingnail your are absolutely wrong.

We need to have the tools to be successful as a tester

**please list tools**

Everyone should share their concerns, but some concerns simply may be objectively bad because they are concerns that are not properly contextualizing the setting.  This is a test, not a game, it is not supposed to be fun, and it is not something that is supposed to make people upset if they can't progress the way they want.  If they go in viewing it as a test and not a game they will not have these kinds of issues. 

And no, I'm not wrong, they warned us when they talked about big world to treat this as a test not a game, that it wouldn't be pretty, and that it might not be for everyone if they are looking for a real gameplay experience. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

So first off, like others have said the game is still very early on in testing so I do expect some frustration, that's to expected and part of alpha testing.

In regards to gear reqs for skills...cmon, it's not that big of a deal. It takes like 20 wood to make a full set of basic gear. It's not hard. Even if you happen to be handled at the graveyard, which happened to me a few times, I just ran like 5 minutes away to get my full set and I was fine. I get why it would frustrate people but idk, to me it seems super easy to get a basic set of gear so...in my opinion, not really a huge issue especially for alpha testing.

In regards to hunger and food. I don't know what you guys have been doing but I get so many pine nuts and grubs and meat, and making a survivalist fire is only 12 wood. Pair that with harvesting potions and it's like...how can that even be a issue ever. Idk, I've put in a lot of hours this test so far and hunger has NEVER been an issue for me.

I agree though that having a bank/permanent storage would be HUGE for testing. As someone said, it's like everything is your inventory right now, so you either have everything or nothing. I expect that to come shortly bit yah, mass production and storage will be needed

In regards to gear reqs for skills...cmon, it's not that big of a deal. It takes like 20 wood to make a full set of basic gear. It's not hard.

In order for a ranger to unlock every skill, they need to either take a 4% move speed penalty (basic gloves and boots), or use 63 resources (on top of those spent on potions, failures, "lost-on-take" and crafting tools).  It's not terribly hard, but it is a significant undertaking, and that's literally just to make the class playable.

Edited by Cejo

In order for a ranger to unlock every skill, they need to either take a 4% move speed penalty (basic gloves and boots), or use 63 resources (on top of those spent on potions, failures, "lost-on-take" and crafting tools).  It's not terribly hard, but it is a significant undertaking, and that's literally just to make the class playable.

Ah I haven't played ranger, just duelist and champion at the moment. I totally understand and see why people are frustrated, %100. But with the harvesting potions, you can get like 8 wood from one tree and I guess I'm just thinking that's far from the worst undertaking. Still, it does seem like an odd system and I see why ACE implemented it but maybe it causes more trouble than it's worth? I'm not sure, that was just my personal experience and I know others have had vastly different experiences dependant on playtime and archetype (like you specified)

So you can just redirect them to the right section.

Right. Maybe the message didn't get through. But that's ok.

Instead you rant and try to make a point that doesn't help,

Thanks for that. Made my day.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

December 2016 (game should be out in this month based on first Date or next 2-3 months based on later 'delay')

First things I see here  :  "OMGGGG it's pre-alpha''

Maybe its poor socks time it stoped being pre-alpha and game got some kind of content and functionality level above ''non-playable because pre-alpha'' hmm ?

When Alpha and Beta are planned now ? 2020 ? Get real. 

You can close the crafting window and run around while crafting.  You just need to j back into for the take.  Besides that, you can only pvp for food.  I've rarely had to harvest food.  Now that there are chests I just mule extra food around the map for when I need it.

Edited by facerip

I feel like this thread lost track from the original post which made a good point. OP basically stated that the changes from last beta to this beta were bad and I 100% agree. It takes me about 20 to 25 minutes to get geared up as a Knight to use my basic abilities.

Guess who I won't be playing in testing anymore? Knight.

Confessor takes 12 wood to get all abilities. Guess who everyone will be testing? Confessor.

This gear requirement is looking like a bad rip off of Albion Onlines system and it is stupid. I agree that nakeds should not be powerful enough to create a naked problem, but they should have their basic abilities. Reduce their damage/armor heavily if they have no gear/basic gear. This is a basic and obvious fix. To add a stupid Albion Online type system where you have to have certain pieces equipped ( I know its not exactly how Albion's system works, so refrain from correcting me ) is just annoying.

Prereqs for skill trees suck. Please add diversity by not forcing us to go through the same path.

I also agree that currently the food mechanic sucks. This isn't a survival game and the food mechanic currently just feels like a time sink. It could be improved and maybe there is great plans for it. I currently don't see it.

Edited by mastakane