Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bigcat

All these real money incentives make me nervous

I understand that you have to make money but I am worried that in order to have a desirable EK you MUST contribute.

Will most things be able to be built in game or are some things through real money transactions only?

Edited by bigcat

Most thing will be obtainable in game from my understanding atleast anything major, the statue and things like that i which arnt realy a big deal are pretty much just cosmetic the 24 hour food buff or what not isnt that important since from my undstanding is once u enter a campaign u cant go back to EK with that character or what not to use it till the campaign over.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Every ingame item can be produced in game (to say: will be, once the game is ready) with materials you gained in game. Exeptions are some backer exclusive items. You will even be able to trade VIP tickets with other players. So you don't have to buy anything but the game itself.

By buying items in the shop, you help the development of the game - and in exchange you get some cosmetic and convenience items that may save you some time in parts not vital to the conquest aspect of the game.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

I'm more concerned that I won't want to spend money beyond VIP tickets because everything is so damn expensive.  I will drop $5-10 on random stuff monthly, but I won't drop $120 once a year.

I'm more concerned that I won't want to spend money beyond VIP tickets because everything is so damn expensive.  I will drop $5-10 on random stuff monthly, but I won't drop $120 once a year.

you can just put 10$ aside every month

6XZoThV.jpg

Depends what you consider "desirable," but when people/guilds are already dropping $10s of thousands on a game, I wouldn't get my hopes up to be able to compete on the popularity contest side of things.

Sure everything can be obtained in-game, but for those prices, there has to be some expected degree of rarity beyond being first.

RMT/P2P will exist in some form. Vanity, popularity, power are good friends.

Those with the biggest (most expensive) pretty EKs will likely be more popular and that isn't really bad. We don't need hundreds/thousands of mediocre EKs honestly.

For you own amusement or guild, sure obtain/build whatever, but to be noticed on the larger scale, I don't see how real money won't factor in. Even with a massive guild, everyone pitching in a few dollars is likely a more efficient way to go about it.

Even if you can obtain a "noticeable" EK from in-game time/effort, those that pay for it can do the same and have a head start. Always a step behind.

Is there anything in life that is not Pay to Win???

Well, if you consider that you have to spend time working to make money, so money = time. Everything is pay to win, you either pay with money, or with time playing/ developing/ working. So yes, everything is pay to win, the currency is always your time.

Edited by LGAllastair

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder