Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gwenda

Good game idea. Lame interface lame gui lame controls lame actions lame lame lame

Please get ride of who ever is making decisions on how this game interacts with players and put in a new team.   So far you are creating a game that was around 20 years ago.  The gaming world has evolved.  People do not want to spend and hour to make a pair of shoes just to loose them to some pker  because you cannot look around while crafting or farming   you cannot out run anyone, you cannot get away.. everyone has better gear as they keep killing others and taking all their stuff so no new people can get geared up.      

The crafting system is just so primitive  the gui gets an award for being hideous.  Why do we have to press alt  why cannot we just run up to a tree and press right mouse to attack it. What is the reason for and the list goes on....    is this just another pretend game to suck millions from people.    I really wish i could get the money back i paid I do not see this game as being successful.

Please get ride of who ever is making decisions on how this game interacts with players and put in a new team.   So far you are creating a game that was around 20 years ago.  The gaming world has evolved.  People do not want to spend and hour to make a pair of shoes just to loose them to some pker  because you cannot look around while crafting or farming   you cannot out run anyone, you cannot get away.. everyone has better gear as they keep killing others and taking all their stuff so no new people can get geared up.      

The crafting system is just so primitive  the gui gets an award for being hideous.  Why do we have to press alt  why cannot we just run up to a tree and press right mouse to attack it. What is the reason for and the list goes on....    is this just another pretend game to suck millions from people.    I really wish i could get the money back i paid I do not see this game as being successful.

Its an open world full loot game. You have to accept that you will loose stuff. Right now you only loose a couple of days worth of ore and equipment at best.

In the final game you may have worked for several month on a fortress just to see it getting destroyed 1 week later.

If it was easy to outrun everyone then everyone would just do that. It is possible to get away but it requires the right archtypes.

The game is catert around groups and guilds. If you run arround solo then thats not the games fault.

Also a full set of basic gear ( weapon and amor) can be crafted within 10 - 20 min.

The weapon itself only takes maybe 2 mins after crating a character.

The crafting system needs work but is generaly fine. You say its primitiv? It is one of the deepest crafting systems that an MMORPG had shince SWG. I belive they do plan to coppy SWG.

How about you enlighten us on a game with a "good" crafting system?

Devs allready stated that the current crafting time is but a potion of how long it will be in the future.

This system is build around blue prints that we can craft to let NPCs mass produce our stuff.

If you look at the leadership tree there are skills for group crafting so thats a thing most likely.

For the question of why we can not just run to a tree and press right click to harvest? The answer is combat. If i fight near harvesting nodes , then i dont want to sudenly start harvesting because the right mouse butten is both harvest and block.

I belive later down the line you can customize the key bindings.

However i got a question for you. Why do you need to press alt to harvest? I can just press F and be done with it.

The alt key is just to release the mouse if you want to click something in the UI.

If you want to open your crafting window or inventory there are hotkeys for that and if you press them your mouse will apear too.

I have to say the game is most likely not for you.

The game is made for the 20% more hardcore players not the 80% casuals. It will not be a clone of WoW like most of the games in the past 10+ years.

There will be more casual friendly campains but no campain will have safe zones.

Every campain has some degree of player looting and death decay.

Also

It's pre-alpha.

this.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

[a lot of grumbling]

If you want to give constructive feeback or to make useful suggestion or to be an active part of this development process, you are very welcome to do so in the dedicated areas of this forums. Just rumbling around is neither meaningful nor useful. 

If don't want to, i would suggest to come back later in late beta in summer 2017, to get a glimpse of what the game will provide as a real game. At the moment you see pure testing environments, dedicated to test specific technical parts of the later game.

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

If you want to give constructive feeback or to make useful suggestion or to be an active part of this development process, you are very welcome to do so in the dedicated areas of this forums. Just rumbling around is neither meaningful nor useful. 

If don't want to, i would suggest to come back later in late beta in summer 2017, to get a glimpse of what the game will provide as a real game. At the moment you see pure testing environments, dedicated to test specific technical parts of the later game.

You probably made that same statement last year around this time, but you probably said "wait until winter 2016 when it's late beta".

January 2015:

(Templar Image)

December 2016

At the 2 year mark can we stop using that term? Or nah.

well I'm not entirely sure what Tech-Phase we are currently in or how to describe the general test model but I'm sure we are already way ahead of Pre-Alpha. I guess we could call HD and SP Pre-Alpha. Big World is (at least to me) at least Alpha which has a lot of iterations with new systems coming online or so.... heck.... in a traditional way we wouldn't even had the chance to see any gameplay before now or so. Let's call it 

"It's early" or so....

Anyway as for this statement for example:

why cannot we just run up to a tree and press right mouse to attack it. 

depending on the weapon this wouldn't really make sense. Chopping down a tree with a staff? a book? a Longsword? Daggers? Rapier? I mean the idea itself is a good one but doesn't match the concept at all. I mean we could argue about blasting trees into pieces with magic but then the idea of "ghost knifes, axes, pickaxes and so forth" isn't really that far away anymore. 

People do not want to spend and hour to make a pair of shoes just to loose them to some pker  because you cannot look around while crafting or farming   you cannot out run anyone, you cannot get away.. everyone has better gear as they keep killing others and taking all their stuff so no new people can get geared up.

well I have to get back what I said - "It's early".

You are experiencing the Dregs ruleset.

You won't be crafting like now in the later game since crafting will require stations (maybe some items but certainly not whole armor sets - at least I hope so). 

You can outrun some archetypes while others are ridiculous in the current iteration.

Everyone get's resources as they keep killing others. Equipment (as far as I remember) stays on your characters till it breaks (please correct me here).  

Joining into campaigns with strict import rules will even the odds in the beginning. If someone plays better than someone else and get's resources... well.... not sure what to respond since everything I can think of atm sounds really offensive. 

Edited by Thyr

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

You probably made that same statement last year around this time, but you probably said "wait until winter 2016 when it's late beta".

Yeah, very likely. xD

You know (and i know you know, and you know i know you know, and ...) last year around this time we had some guys who where complaining, more or less just for the sake (or fun ;) ) of complaining, too. The question is: will it help the development of the game? And indeed it does. It also did last year around this time. No matter from which side the complaints come/came from. And we have a lot of sides here. Thats great. But it always will cost time and effort (in the short run) ... but is also wil save time and effort (in the long run).

So, nothing really changed, did it? Except that the game advanced a bit more. Surely less than people wished for. So what can we do to change this?

By the way, somehow i miss you guys. What happened to you? Got out of stamina? ;)

2W1ZHpA.jpg

People really should consider that Crowfall is a game in development and that many other games also took their time to get developed, including postponing the realease date several times. The EarlyAccess/Crowdfunding model is relatively new and people haven't experienced the development process as they do now with Crowfall, especially because of the of it's transparency and the ability to take part in development as a player.

Long story short: It's in development, people should appreciate that they can take part in it now.

People don't realize how long game development takes, because for most of the lifetime of the market it's been done behind closed doors.

Here's an awesome example. Who here knows when development on Final Fantasy XV - which was released on November 29th, 2016, less than a week ago as of this posting - started development?

If you guessed 2006 - the same year that Final Fantasy 12 was released - congratulations! You win the prize!

So maybe spend less time griping about how "slowly" this enormous undertaking is coming along, and spend more time being a good alpha tester? Don't log on, troll strangers, then log off and complain about how the game isn't finished already. It's pre-alpha. Either help progress the timeline or come back later.

Edited by goose

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

Why do we have to press alt  why cannot we just run up to a tree and press right mouse to attack it.

I really wish i could get the money back i paid I do not see this game as being successful.

Probably because the last thing you would find fun, was swinging at an enemy who was standing next to a tree, and instead of hitting him in the head, the tree drops a log on you, or breaking your sword off against a boulder.

Check out trusted traders, if you actually spent some real money a while ago, you may have a package that could be sold off.

Noticed you don't have a forum badge selected and only 4 posts, so no idea if you spent 5$ or $5000. Would guess the former.

Oh, just checked.  Account only created September 16th.

Probably paid just enough money to be on the forums to troll, with statements like "is this just another pretend game to suck millions from people".

Shades of Derek Smart here. 

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

I really wish i could get the money back i paid I do not see this game as being successful.

Can I have your stuff?

And if by any chance you have a Kickstarter account then it may be worth more than you originally paid.

Edited by ren

rSHxVEY.gif

Basically what we have is 5-6 not completely finished mechanics interacting with each other. Not only are they unfinished but they have not gotten to the Polish part of design. 

You have to keep that in mind. The UI will be reworked, its a place holder. The Alt thing is also a work in progress, personally i have gotten use to it already so it doesnt bother me, but it could do with some enhancement. And the reason you gather resources with your weapon is because A: Would not make sense for some classes, and B: theres a mechanic for tools to take place of this, mainly to feed a mechanic of skills/resources, etc.

Now if you dont like how the crafting system works, explain the reasoning and what you would like to see. Its different then normal crafting and the interface needs alot of work, for sure, but i think the system itself has alot of depth, just needs that polish work.

I feel the frustration you are having is more from the interface and lack of intuitive design, theres no direction on what you should do or how to do it. This comes with polish.

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

Regardless of what phase they are in or have been for how long, bottom line is the game isn't finished yet. Reason for things being in the state they currently are is again its NOT FINISHED and there are other systems to come online yet. Now once its live if you still think it "lame" then don't play it. If you have some actual feedback to give beyond "its lame" and "fire the staff" then please do so.