Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gwenda

Good game idea. Lame interface lame gui lame controls lame actions lame lame lame

Game is not coming out next week. it's ALPHA. things can and will change. You have the right to throw feedback but don't be like OMG the guy/team who made this sucks and ahold never have another job in the gaming industry. Say you don't like it and giving suggestions on how to better improve it.I haven't been here for long but the Devs at ACE seem like they actually take feedback seriously and try to improve it they think it's better overall for the community and not the 1%.

Ya got the first part right. And it took the internet rebelling against them to re-evaluate combat because the white knight noise drowned out the complaints. Keep white knighting though.

Changing the labels isn't going to make them develop the game faster. Complain all you like about schedules and deadlines. Missing deadlines doesn't magically progress a game from one stage to the next.

The "pre-alpha" label is vague and it has gone on longer than anyone wanted. The fact still remains, the game isn't ready and nothing would be gained by officially calling it some other phase.

So making excuses for the game while white knighting new players won't speed up the game progress either right?

I've started using it in real-life also!  Like when my nieces/nephew complain about something from their teen perspective:

Them: "OMG homework sucks"

Me:  "pre-alpha"

I don't think they really get it, but I think it's hilarious  :lol:

Keep calling them pre-alpha when they're doing their master's.

Pre-Alpha is by FAR the longest of a games stages by a HUGE margin, since it basically anything before alpha and alpha is per definition a feature complete game

"Alpha is the stage when key gameplay functionality is implemented, and assets are partially finished.[153] A game in alpha is feature complete, that is, game is playable and contains all the major features" (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development#Alpha)

and well considering we only have a bit over half the the AT's implemented, a basic big world (that is still small compared to what the actual worlds gonna be), some basic harvesting and crafting and a relatively nice working combat system, the game is a FAR stretch away from being feature complete and thus from Alpha state.

In fact I don't know of ANY game before that dared to let players in this early in development.

As for scheduled to release, well again very few games would even give out a release date this early, most wont do it before late closed beta or even open beta only, any deadlines for release given for a game still in pre-alpha, are pretty much certain to have to be delayed at some point

Here's something that will blow your mind -- and don't discount it. We are dealing with veterans of the industry, people who came up with the best hype marketing strategy (I can elaborate later, coz I really do think it's genius). So what if.....they knew that if they waited to release the last major component of the game (EK) in order to keep you sheep in line with the "pre-alpha" tag?

Imagine if J Todd was able to keep Shadowbane in "beta" for another 2 years? The game could have been even more of a massive success without the poor launch. With a "polished" pre-alpha, you can get every day people to invest even more. Or at least that's what the emails keep saying.

Here's something that will blow your mind -- and don't discount it. We are dealing with veterans of the industry, people who came up with the best hype marketing strategy (I can elaborate later, coz I really do think it's genius). So what if.....they knew that if they waited to release the last major component of the game (EK) in order to keep you sheep in line with the "pre-alpha" tag?

Imagine if J Todd was able to keep Shadowbane in "beta" for another 2 years? The game could have been even more of a massive success without the poor launch. With a "polished" pre-alpha, you can get every day people to invest even more. Or at least that's what the emails keep saying.

So your discounting my sources (which again cites other sources) with some weird conspiracy arguments....?

Also if they waited so long to release a major component they would not be able to develop the game properly, and in any regards there is no way to call it at this time anything more than pre-alpha for sure, it lacks quite a few major components (like 40% or so of the AT's, embargo etc)... funnily enough the EK actually got its first iteration in this weeks playtest, so yeah your conspiracy theory is not very convincing at all

Ya got the first part right. And it took the internet rebelling against them to re-evaluate combat because the white knight noise drowned out the complaints. Keep white knighting though.

So making excuses for the game while white knighting new players won't speed up the game progress either right?

..all these people misusing the term "white knight" these days. What the crap.

BUT I DIGRESS.

The difference between complaints about the skill system and complaints about the combat system are enormous.

The complaints about combat were about the entire way the system felt. Combat wasn't fun. Combat wasn't interesting. The majority of people - including the devs - agreed on that by the end. People made compelling arguments for both sides, and eventually they fixed it. Not changed - FIXED. Find me someone who doesn't think the new combat is better than the old combat and I'll find you a liar.

On the other hand, complaints about the skill system are, first and foremost, complaints about a system that is barely 1/3 implemented. So there's that to consider. But additionally, a LOT of the complaints I've seen are complaints based in a fundamental misunderstanding of the purpose of the skill system in the first place, and many of the complaints are them asking to add things that aren't even missing - they just haven't been added to Big World yet. The degree of difference between the issues with the combat system and the issues with the skill system are almost as vast as the difference between "white knighting" and "asking you to maybe think about withholding judgment until the other 70% of the system you're whining about is even in the game."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

So your discounting my sources (which again cites other sources) with some weird conspiracy arguments....?

Also if they waited so long to release a major component they would not be able to develop the game properly, and in any regards there is no way to call it at this time anything more than pre-alpha for sure, it lacks quite a few major components (like 40% or so of the AT's, embargo etc)... funnily enough the EK actually got its first iteration in this weeks playtest, so yeah your conspiracy theory is not very convincing at all

Open your mind bae.

Oh, so the last "major component" is in. We're out of pre-alpha now according to your preferred definition of pre-alpha? Or can you just find a different definition to keep harassing anyone who complains?

BUT I DIGRESS.

The difference between complaints about the skill system and complaints about the combat system are enormous.

The complaints about combat were about the entire way the system felt. Combat wasn't fun. Combat wasn't interesting. The majority of people - including the devs - agreed on that by the end. People made compelling arguments for both sides, and eventually they fixed it. Not changed - FIXED. Find me someone who doesn't think the new combat is better than the old combat and I'll find you a liar.

On the other hand, complaints about the skill system are, first and foremost, complaints about a system that is barely 1/3 implemented. So there's that to consider. But additionally, a LOT of the complaints I've seen are complaints based in a fundamental misunderstanding of the purpose of the skill system in the first place, and many of the complaints are them asking to add things that aren't even missing - they just haven't been added to Big World yet. The degree of difference between the issues with the combat system and the issues with the skill system are almost as vast as the difference between "white knighting" and "asking you to maybe think about withholding judgment until the other 70% of the system you're whining about is even in the game."

Triggered and diddled.

Where did I say the new combat is worse than the old combat?

Where did I complain about the skill system?

I love the internet. White knights say "don't complain" but complain about people complaining, typically in excess of the original complaint.

BUT I DIGRESS.

Basically in his mind anyone who doesn't freak out, run around being overly dramatic is a white knight. Use logic and facts also get you tagged as a white knight. BTW, he's the only one who even still uses that term. Fortunately current feedback and discussions are for the most part civil and based on facts and don't really resort to name calling and personal attacks anymore just because a point is disagreed upon. Amazing what can be done when people are expected to act like adults.

Bottom line doesn't matter in the least what phase or labels want to use. Game isn't finished simple as that, stuff has changed, stuff will change. So calling for complete revamps and Devs to be fired yes is over dramatic drivel and useless for anything beyond stirring the pot and keeping on top of the post counts despite having abandoned and sold interest in the game.

Open your mind bae.

Oh, so the last "major component" is in. We're out of pre-alpha now according to your preferred definition of pre-alpha? Or can you just find a different definition to keep harassing anyone who complains?

:facepalm: .... I been saying all the time we ARE still in pre-alpha, did you even read my previous posts?... First iteration of Open world is in as I said, but that is not the last major component by any stretch of the imagination, nor is the open world itself finished...

:facepalm: .... I been saying all the time we ARE still in pre-alpha, did you even read my previous posts?... First iteration of Open world is in as I said, but that is not the last major component by any stretch of the imagination, nor is the open world itself finished...

Did you read mine? Or any of mine? I could care less what your previous posts state. I'm not going to go check your entire post history when you directly quote me -- and then go so off-topic from what I stated. I care about the conversation you and I are having. And the fact that people like to harass anyone who complains with "pre-alpha bro"

Did you read mine? Or any of mine? I could care less what your previous posts state. I'm not going to go check your entire post history when you directly quote me -- and then go so off-topic from what I stated. I care about the conversation you and I are having. And the fact that people like to harass anyone who complains with "pre-alpha bro"

ehm yes, and I alao re-read your post in THIS topic, the same topic where I posted that yes the game is in pre-alpha(and found and posted sources for my claims as well) and you keep dissing the pre-alpha term...

How about you enlighten us on a game with a "good" crafting system?

He/she can't! "Good" crafting is almost never done. It's just too easy to slap together some vague recipes as a time and gold sink to round out an otherwise VERY dungeon focused experience.

SWG had good crafting. 

Runes of Magic had terrible actual crafting, but the process of adding stats and runes to your gear was pretty fantastic.

Hell, Runescape has better crafting than the majority of so-called "AAA" mmo's

I will diss anything that is used to harass another player just because they complain. White Knighting is just another level of Trevor's Axiom.

You sure do talk a lot for someone who doesn't say anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

He/she can't! "Good" crafting is almost never done. It's just too easy to slap together some vague recipes as a time and gold sink to round out an otherwise VERY dungeon focused experience.

SWG had good crafting. 

Runes of Magic had terrible actual crafting, but the process of adding stats and runes to your gear was pretty fantastic.

Hell, Runescape has better crafting than the majority of so-called "AAA" mmo's

Well crowfalls crafting system is highly influenced by SWG crafting system so there shouldnt be any problems.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

Well crowfalls crafting system is highly influenced by SWG crafting system so there shouldnt be any problems.

and advised by the same guy, Raph Koster.

But yeah the concept of varying degrees of quality of mats and a deep gathering/harvesting system is the really good part of it, IMO.