Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My biggest hope and suggestion you will ever see from me! Alliance systems!

Yo guys!

Posting here to write down one of my biggest wishes for this game and  hoping to get the answers here!

Something I think is very neglected nowadays in MMo's such as Crowfall here is the lack of an actual Alliance system in the game!

Games like these naturally push you towards forming alliances between guilds yet there is  no actual system to support this  gameplay.

What ends  up happening in a lot of these alliances is the fact that almost only the leadership of both guilds actually interact with eachother.

Having a system to, for example, provide alliance chat between all members and a few simple tools, would enhance gameplay tremendously! It will also give a more cohesive feeling towards the alliance.

When talking about this, one game I used to play comes  into mind that did this splendidly although that game didn't even really need it.

I'm talking about Guild Wars 1.

What do you guys think about this idea? Does it sound logical to you? Any reasons not to have it? And any Devs reading this wich can provide concrete  information?

Discuss!

~Shadiz~

Shadiz_Live.png

Please be aware that what you see in BigWorld is a test environment and nothing more. It's not the game.

You might like to hear, that alliance systems are an important part of the final game and will be there. These systems will include a more or less extensive fealty tree system and allow multiple levels of sub-guilds. We don't have a lot of informations about this, because the combat systems had first priority for the development, followed by the server and crafting things. The rest will follow step by step.

You are surely welcome to specific suggestions of what details within an alliance system might be a good thing for the game (like the inter-alliance-chats), but the general thing itself has been planned to be part of the game from the start.

2W1ZHpA.jpg
EU-Support-Guild (no ingame management)
Join [CoR] (or any other guild) to get a 25% discount on the next game bundle you buy!
Join - Discord Channel 

Please be aware that what you see in BigWorld is a test environment and nothing more. It's not the game.

You might like to hear, that alliance systems are an important part of the final game and will be there. These systems will include a more or less extensive fealty tree system and allow multiple levels of sub-guilds. We don't have a lot of informations about this, because the combat systems had first priority for the development, followed by the server and crafting things. The rest will follow step by step.

You are surely welcome to specific suggestions of what details within an alliance system might be a good thing for the game (like the inter-alliance-chats), but the general thing itself has been planned to be part of the game from the start.

Amazing!

This is exactly what I was  looking for :D . I just couldn't find info on it, or I was  not looking well enough!

This relieves  me  greatly! You sir made my day!

I'll be  sure to relay more specific suggestion when we see more of the system!

Looking forward !

Shadiz_Live.png

Considering we haven't heard much about guild systems at all from ACE probably means it's probably pretty far down on their to do list

Amazing!

This is exactly what I was  looking for :D . I just couldn't find info on it, or I was  not looking well enough!

This relieves  me  greatly! You sir made my day!

I'll be  sure to relay more specific suggestion when we see more of the system!

Looking forward !

Edited by Uyathefox

Sugoi ! - Head of Disciplinary Committee

YhuWX9S.png

An alliance system encourages the zerg. With the ability to just post a link on the forums and instantly end up in the same voice comms (discord), I think the zerg has enough support.

If you mean little flags over your head in faction based campaigns and friendly fired enabled for your own faction, fine. Elsewhere, I think it has no place.

Sub or die is a legitimate thing. If you want to cup with other guilds, just be the same guild.

Zerg is ok if there are methods to deal with it like AOE or some other mechanism. A skilled smaller group should be able to defeat a mass zerg of unskilled players just rushing. 

But as for alliances guilds etc.. This does need to be thought out as the Eternal Kingdoms are such a cool part of this game. There needs to be good tools to manage access control, group assets making trade and other deals between groups. 

An alliance system encourages the zerg. With the ability to just post a link on the forums and instantly end up in the same voice comms (discord), I think the zerg has enough support.

If you mean little flags over your head in faction based campaigns and friendly fired enabled for your own faction, fine. Elsewhere, I think it has no place.

Sub or die is a legitimate thing. If you want to cup with other guilds, just be the same guild.

There are a few simple truths here.  Zergs will exist and alliances will be formed to counter the zerg.  The problem here is that this is its own self fulfilling prophecy.  In a game with limited technological scaling and a limitation on the rate at which you can increase your skill, the only kind of arms race that can occur is one of numbers.  As an alliance begins to counter the zerg, the zerg only grows through its own alliances.  This continues until the whole thing reaches a critical mass. 

I like a system that allows me to ally with another guild.  The reason is because it'll clear things up on the battlefield.  I'd like to see sides fighting under their alliance banner.  My next question is, would I want an alliance to have global communication intrinsic to the game?  That I'm not so sure.  Global communication should be limited in my opinion.  It makes sense for a group and a guild to be able to communicate globally.  An alliance though? 

To me the point of an alliance is that they are not fighting as a single guild, they are coordinating but not acting as a single group.  In that sense I agree with you that there should be some incentive to simply combining into a guild as opposed to utilizing an alliance.  That benefit could be global communication.

Maj, Keeper of Da Plank - The Shipwrecked Pirates