Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
varg

God Has Never Been Beaten

What's to remember incorrectly, they offered to pay out 10 million to anyone that could beat them.  They were defeated and refused to pay up.  Hence the decade old joke of, GoD has never been beaten.

I wasn't necessarily saying that anyone was incorrect in here. I remember that thread and what led to it quite well. I actually still have your video you made of that fight on my external drive I believe.

This guy over there was just being ridiculous about R30s in general. Guy wasn't even in the guild but they were gods gift to man if you asked him. His forum name was Fallen and some set of numbers but I think people just started calling him Fallen30s.

Edited by phylor

C4sIZDW.gif

What's to remember incorrectly, they offered to pay out 10 million to anyone that could beat them.  They were defeated and refused to pay up.  Hence the decade old joke of, GoD has never been beaten.

Yah obviously lame on there part. 

I don't think they were the best guild by a long shot but they brought a new play style to the forefront when it comes to specs. Sure people might have done a channy group before but they were the first to do something decent with it. Their issue is once guilds found a way around it, they didn't adapt and come up with something better. This is what separated good guilds from GREAT guilds. Case in point TSP on Morning. They were a great guild for their innovation and also ability to adapt to fights. 

Damn I miss Vengeance.  Talons of Chaos wrecked their prelate group too without losing anyone and we had to wait 45 minutes for them to buff, summon, buff, swap gear, buff and rebuff before we fought.  My cloth wearing 40 dex rune dagger throwing dwarf just about instajibbed em once they were def cut and stunned.  Also hi Varg and Facerip.  Great to see you around.  

AuxzkMc.png

GoD was laughable. To say they invented the spec group is absurd. They came to vengeance and tried to roll the was-good-at-launch high def channy spec when the rest of us had moved on the late-game specs. They left no mark on veng.

You can write a list of 10 guilds from vengeance that were the peak of SB and hammered out the specs people still use. GoD is not on that list, which is why their thread was kept relevent as a totem to their failure for years.

Edited by fuggeroffuggington

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

Fugger of Fuggington - Shadowbane

SkippyBojangle - PS4

Vengeance was fun times, SB at it's peak. Crazy to think that it was over 10 years ago.

You, myself, Rolp, Phreek, Kraxx, Sabotage, DarkHades, Exarch, Lotus and crew rolling through in our spec group of chainsaw bird barbs/DPS that were inspired by GoDs high def channy group lol.  Those were the days my friend.

AuxzkMc.png

Damn I miss Vengeance.  Talons of Chaos wrecked their prelate group too without losing anyone and we had to wait 45 minutes for them to buff, summon, buff, swap gear, buff and rebuff before we fought.  My cloth wearing 40 dex rune dagger throwing dwarf just about instajibbed em once they were def cut and stunned.  Also hi Varg and Facerip.  Great to see you around.  

I miss fighting Talons of Chaos. Although getting chased around on my Doomsayer is what a lot of those fights were for me, lol.

Will be fun to watch the spec group philosophy permeate to the non SB groups.

This is my concern is that it just won't be viable if passive leveling is too much of a thing.

What we'll end up with is a cluster custard of people just bringing whatever because it isn't viable to build spec groups or at least you can't make them at any decent rate. I hope this is something that is addressed during alpha/beta.

C4sIZDW.gif

mino meat, stick your best players on support, and win nearly every engagement assuming your target caller is competent.  

Thats Shadowbane.  Other groups can/do work but not to the effectiveness of mino meat.

Good ole meat

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

mino meat, stick your best players on support, and win nearly every engagement assuming your target caller is competent.  

Thats Shadowbane.  Other groups can/do work but not to the effectiveness of mino meat.

That's so vanilla  :ph34r:

AuxzkMc.png

Edited by BraveSirRobin

That's so vanilla  :ph34r:

AuxzkMc.png

And yet effective.  You stick wonderful people on casters and they're going to look bad.  You stick good players on casters against good players on meat, the meat will win.

Vengeance was fun times, SB at it's peak. Crazy to think that it was over 10 years ago.

Yeah, crazy to think that we are approaching the point that Shadowbane has been gone for longer than it was around.

This seems like the best place to make an intro post.

Mostly because the original was so very epic, and because it contains both Brekk and phylor.  I do remember chasing a minotaur doomie, and him being one of the few people who could actually hold a conversation that was not frothing with hate (which was admittedly amusing in its own way).

Vengeance was a good time...

Edited by Bladehate

Exarch Death Wing - Talons of Chaos/QFT

Heh.  In a lot of ways, that was the worst part about the server consolidations...a lot of great history got sidelined from Vengeance.

But the nice thing is, some of the people that helped make those memories are still around.

Hey there Anti!

With good reason.  Unlike some, I'm not actually all that nostalgic for Shadowbane.  The game was just too flawed in too many ways.

That said, no game has made me care about a virtual world and the people occupying it the way SB did.

If CF can evoke that same sense of immediacy, or even just a fraction of it, then I'll be well satisfied and consider the KS funding money well spent.