Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
varg

God Has Never Been Beaten

With good reason.  Unlike some, I'm not actually all that nostalgic for Shadowbane.  The game was just too flawed in too many ways.

That said, no game has made me care about a virtual world and the people occupying it the way SB did.

If CF can evoke that same sense of immediacy, or even just a fraction of it, then I'll be well satisfied and consider the KS funding money well spent.

I like to remember Shadowbane without the bugs/sb.exes/lag/overzealous moderators (I'm looking at your Mindworm) and think about the greatness that could have been. And then I pretend that vision is reality. Then I reminisce about that vision of Shadowbane as a reality.

I like to remember Shadowbane without the bugs/sb.exes/lag/overzealous moderators (I'm looking at your Mindworm) and think about the greatness that could have been. And then I pretend that vision is reality. Then I reminisce about that vision of Shadowbane as a reality.

I certainly don't fault you for that, but I could never do the same.  Rosetinted glasses (I guess?) was just not my style. 

Exarch Death Wing - Talons of Chaos/QFT

GoD weren't even the first to run high-def casters on Vengeance. Skyfang ran deflock groups wherein every character was named Soldier-(string of Latin numerals), which were countered and exterminated by melee groups before GoD even migrated to the server.

Around that time, some guild "Legion" ran the first dwarf chucker spec I had ever seen on Vengeance. IIRC they called it their "cannonball" group.

GC's rogue group was always the most annoying to fight, although I didn't run into it very often.

GoD actually ruined anti-EB alliance sieges with their insane level of confidence. The tides were turned at the 12 hour EB capital bane because OPP and GoD thought it would be a great idea to divide our forces and mount an attack inside the city with ~3-4 groups of hacked OPP confessors and high def channelers. The siege probably couldn't have been won anyway with all of the R7 gatehouses, but I still remember failing to talk Jackal out of that doomed sortie. Whether the high-def channelers were actually effective or not, for some strange reason a lot of people actually did think that they were effective. EB even started to bring hordes of channelers to banes after that, some of them high-def.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

GoD weren't even the first to run high-def casters on Vengeance. Skyfang ran deflock groups wherein every character was named Soldier-(string of Latin numerals), which were countered and exterminated by melee groups before GoD even migrated to the server.

Around that time, some guild "Legion" ran the first dwarf chucker spec I had ever seen on Vengeance. IIRC they called it their "cannonball" group.

GC's rogue group was always the most annoying to fight, although I didn't run into it very often.

GoD actually ruined anti-EB alliance sieges with their insane level of confidence. The tides were turned at the 12 hour EB capital bane because OPP and GoD thought it would be a great idea to divide our forces and mount an attack inside the city with ~3-4 groups of hacked OPP confessors and high def channelers. The siege probably couldn't have been won anyway with all of the R7 gatehouses, but I still remember failing to talk Jackal out of that doomed sortie. Whether the high-def channelers were actually effective or not, for some strange reason a lot of people actually did think that they were effective. EB even started to bring hordes of channelers to banes after that, some of them high-def.

I had completely forgotten about the SoldierXXIVVVI's until you brought that up. Was never impressed by them, they took longer to kill but never were effective. 

Rogue group was the most fun to play, and most fun I have had in Shadowbane, only group I remember having issues with was the Bird Chucker Barb group later on in the server as they actually trained the damage shields. 

Def anything was garbage at banes. Elf AM channys & Oksop dropped that trash in 1-2 casts. 

Team X Gaming

RoFL/GC/HoE

Shield+Tspike dwarves were the poorly made socks back in the day. I was too poor to buy a throwing rune for one so I made a high def bird that was the same build and snagged throwing that way. Wasn't nearly as effective. 2200 def was still near untouchable in those days, though. Was also after they patched throwing so you couldn't queue up attacks and let them loose all at once for insane burst.

AwnHQvT.jpg