jakeman

Life is Feudal MMO

https://play.lifeisfeudal.com/?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=01NT_LIFMMO&tracking_id=mT4UrJsyA027Fmk3iu9NR2GtBBOKuNd6

wave 1 will be starting on december 14th that will last probably until march then wave 2 which anyone who owns life is feudal your own on steam will get a free character ticket for wave 2 is also going to be a soft launch of the mmo

What do you think of it?  I like GV for what it is currently though it seems to have forever to go, and I even purchased The Black Death (don't bother).  I have found, however, that I am just not a big fan of survival.  I think it could be done right in an MMO, (I hope CF will pull it off) but survival element implementation seems a bit heavy handed for my tastes and may not appeal to classic MMORPG players.  It seems like Life is Feudal is a survival game with MMO elements as opposed to the other way around.  Is that accurate? 

EDIT:  Okay, did some recent reading, it is very much a survival game with a cooperation emphasis (at least for success).  The "MMO" descriptor is a bit of a stretch.  Not my cup of tea. 

Edited by Regulus

the survival elements definitely there you need to eat to keep your hunger up animals were never really a threat as they are super buggy in LIF:YO i only have 153h in LIF:YO i had aton of fun while i played back in june but feel like it needed more players the limit on servers for LIF:YO is 64 also the game is very grindy but in my opinion its not bad grind unless you dont like things like teraforming the ground to get it flat enough to build buildings me and my group started on this hill we found http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/442857699540127659/5F739D2C01F8841BF8F54B74DC7BE6F47AEB062D/ and built it up into a small town  http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/442858231137630790/7D819E5396696DC88671CF41BA1F41BFA5529CAB/

Edited by jakeman

Feels kind of like work often, right?

Same here.

Yeah, I guess I just don't get the appeal.  I know many people really like it, and that's great for them.  Even thinking back to when EVE launched, which is not a survival game, I remember being so excited UNTIL I actually played for a while.  After a few hours of laser beaming asteroids and looking at spreadsheets I decided that felt a lot like work--the stuff I get paid to do or, you know, I wouldn't do it.    

Edited by Regulus

What do you think of it?  I like GV for what it is currently though it seems to have forever to go, and I even purchased The Black Death (don't bother).  I have found, however, that I am just not a big fan of survival.  I think it could be done right in an MMO, (I hope CF will pull it off) but survival element implementation seems a bit heavy handed for my tastes and may not appeal to classic MMORPG players.  It seems like Life is Feudal is a survival game with MMO elements as opposed to the other way around.  Is that accurate? 

EDIT:  Okay, did some recent reading, it is very much a survival game with a cooperation emphasis (at least for success).  The "MMO" descriptor is a bit of a stretch.  Not my cup of tea. 

I really enjoy GV as well. It's a great time killer and has quite a bit of potential, we'll see if they get there. But, the way I look at it, for only 14 bucks right now on steam, you can't really go wrong with what's currently delivered. #ISMIR. To hell with the "Meatlanders"

Life is Feudal, lol. I re-installed that game and went on a fast paced server. I ran around to towns with open doors and open chests where people really didn't care. That was probably my favorite time on that server. I ran off with as much loot as I could carry and then logged out. Everything takes way too long on that game.I'd stick it out if the PvP was worth it, but the controls are just wonky. The PvE makes you give up.

Although if you love PvE: that's your freaking game.

Posted (edited)

Theres a grind to pvp at which point its just a hunting grounds turf war.

Its a great sandbox in that you can literally make a base exactly how you want, and they can come out quite amazing with the right amount of time investment. The only people that have to remain adamant on "daily chores" are farmers and animal barn tenders who have to set up timers for cooldown rotations.

Also, when I played, the guild system needed more... any schmuck you added to your monument could just take whatever wasnt locked up(in a claimed warehouse) by the monement owner. Need more permissions per rank IMO. And last I check things like that were planned.

We quit cause one of the admins abused his power and banned a group for "Not PvPing they way they should"... also later finding out they were handing out vosk ingots like candy yet our blacksmith had made 2 by the time we learned this. (these are a pain in the butt to make and cost a lot of time and resources) Planned on expanding for a Large Fort on our claim... as well as a tradepost/fishing dock.. then hell broke loose with the admins. We were literally the last group standing...

HQAJeF1h.jpg
no crops in the courtyard because this was the day after we all quit and winter was coming...

Edit: Ha, the cheating admins base is in the top right of this picture...

Edit2: Here's some pics from summer time ingame, didnt have the walled in master smithy area complete yet... but we definitely planned it after some enemy riders jumped the walls on horseback. (free horses and weapons[poor quality weapons, but still])

http://imgur.com/a/RLKpD

Edited by Kiro

I played with a group of people who got banned off of every server for "pvp". It's kind of ridiculous. All the servers right now are player ran. The admins, which are just people who pay for the server, can do whatever they want. It's not really that massive.

The grind is real. But it seems like every game these days has a grind associated with it. Yeah, the settlements are really freaking nice.

I'd give this game another shot when they finish making it a MMO.

I played with a group of people who got banned off of every server for "pvp". It's kind of ridiculous. All the servers right now are player ran. The admins, which are just people who pay for the server, can do whatever they want. It's not really that massive.

The grind is real. But it seems like every game these days has a grind associated with it. Yeah, the settlements are really freaking nice.

I'd give this game another shot when they finish making it a MMO.

I think there are two versions, one is what you are describing and another one which is currently in closwd beta is an actual mmo with persistent worlds ran by the company.

There is a comparison table on the official site.

Bobik is a marketing genius and is selling the same thing two times :D

Well most people can't experience the closed beta version, so that was the one I was commenting on.

I know, just pointing out that it's probably not representative of the mmo game.

Im not buying into this crap bought the game in 2014 and still havnt been able to touch the mmo. Most the guys i know that play the game for years now had to buy a mmo slot. Also this game has some of the WORSE combat in any mmo i have ever played. Everything else is alrite, but combat needs to get redone.

Im not buying into this crap bought the game in 2014 and still havnt been able to touch the mmo. Most the guys i know that play the game for years now had to buy a mmo slot. Also this game has some of the WORSE combat in any mmo i have ever played. Everything else is alrite, but combat needs to get redone.

i guess you will have to wait for wave 2 and i dont mind the combat granted i have not done very much fighting yet but i like that its not flashy theres no crazy animations going off on my screen and that i have to time my blocks/parrys instead of pushing a button that auto blocks for me

and i love the fact you need a guild/clan to play in the mmo theres to many mmorpgs that you can play solo/ignore others until endgame 

Edited by jakeman