Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
acriminalmind

One Server or Many?

One Server or Many?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want:

• One massive ever-changing ever-expanding online world to influence, conquer, and explore... opening the game to all players throughout the world, Europe, NA, and Asia in real-time?
    • Several smaller mirror-image worlds or with slightly differing mapsets, limits to members in different parts of the world based on locale and/or timezone, and various other restrictions?

Do you want:

One massive ever-changing ever-expanding online world to influence, conquer, and explore... opening the game to all players throughout the world, Europe, NA, and Asia in real-time?

Several smaller mirror-image worlds or with slightly differing mapsets, limits to members in different parts of the world based on locale and/or timezone, and various other restrictions?

I would like to see a single server/world, but that entirely depends how it's handled.

The only game I remember doing it well, is EVE Online, and it achieves it largely through trickery.

So while I want it, performance ultimately trumps.

I'm a fan of multiple shards.

Part of the joy in SB was how the geopolitics in the game were so different shard to shard, so if something got too bad on one server you could just go to another one. 

If it's only one server and poorly made socks gets bad, then what do you do?

Part of the joy in SB was how the geopolitics in the game were so different shard to shard, so if something got too bad on one server you could just go to another one. 

If it's only one server and **** gets bad, then what do you do?

Re-roll and reinvent yourself, or raise an army and change poorly made socks up!

megaserver please, way way way too often too many servers are made and those low pop servers end up rediculously unbalanced. Nowadays thar is plenty of remedy to solve this

krevra.png

1 EU 1 NA would be ok. 

BUT, this decision should be determined based on how many players they think they can retain.  No sense having a gigantic sprawling land mass of a server if it's dead.  Just as there is no sense having multiple different servers with each of them having low populations.

I hope the game population supports 1 gigantic and thriving server.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

A certain space-ship themed market game runs the entirety of the globe (except china, because... well... it's china) on 'one' server that is actually a slew of servers communicating with each other. When things 'get real' they'll allocate more server space and computing power to assigned 'nodes' to help support them during heavy-gameplay or even just technical failure.

While this system is by no means flawless I think it would serve a 'one world' sandbox pretty well, and from what I'm reading Crowsfall is starting to look like a 'oneworld' game. My vote goes to 'Mega-Server' for this reason.

One big mega server is preferable, but is it viable while maintaining a standard of high-performance? Is the gameplay going to allow for the possibility for things to go "bad?" Who Knows.

lopuda47ee7.jpg

If it's only one server and **** gets bad, then what do you do?

If world is huge you always can gather rebelion forces somewhere in the ass of the world and go with your army of savage barbarians to the shiny capital city, to burn and destroy.

I hated this one server thing on ESO. I like the feeling of community you get on smaller servers. 

Of course, I do realize there are many advantages to one server, but I hate not recognizing the people when I walk around big cities, not caring about this or that guy because I know the probability of me seeing him again is close to non-existent. 

I hate not knowing most of the guilds, their reputation, their leaders etc....

So I'll vote Many servers. Getting the size right is essential though.

I hope they make one big Server. Since it is hard for a big Server to die, instead of small Servers. See WoW and Co. most servers are dead. In a game like Crowfall Merge Servers is sure a Kill Reason

One server is better, I mean look at ESO and Eve. It doesn't matter if the populations fluctuate or not. Or at least be able to jump from server to server. Fluidity is important.

Before I die, I shall stand upon your grave and smile.