Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MiracleMax

Store credit changes incoming - Official discussion thread

Well in a few years time in the UK hopefully it won't be a problem with complying with EU law.

UK will have to behave like switzerland, meaning they have to make their laws conform with EU law. So every time EU law gets changed, the UK will have to change its law accordingly to the EU law for practical reasons. There wont be many international trade/business involved with the UK anymore if they have a separate law.

But while switzerland was able to do so because they make a good living since decades by being neutral, as well as stealing taxes from other countries, but this came now to an end finally at least. The UK doesnt really have too much of these benefits. They have their international finance center in London, but this is going to be a lot less relevant and international now.

So UK wont profit too much of it, but at least they will be a souveran state/nation again.

I can understand people preferring this, with looking at the EU and how EU is failing. The EU really is going downwards, the east integration of the EU came decades too early. They are full members now, but are nowhere near any standards in west europe, all this integration was only made because of economical reasons, from a political and logical standpoint this was a desaster.

Now they are full members of the EU but are nowhere our standards, thats like kids playing in the champions league. You dont let kids into the champions league, you wait for them to learn and grow and become better before you let them in, not afterwards, not the other way around. You have be on a certain level before you can let a country join into the EU, if they are already a full member they get lazy and all ambition is gone, and your spirit of EU will drastically suffer from that, like we can see now. Not to mention all the corruption. And with all the crysis happening in the world right now, and every country going back into protection of national interests, the EU is nothing more than a shallow joke by now. The worst now even was the international trade union with Canada. Consumer rights and more will be outplayed through this, the people wont benefit from this for sure, like they never do. Its politic for the major industry companies. The EU and interest for the people or social and ecological topics is a joke.

So while its maybe worth reconsidering the decision to go back into national seperation of England/UK (Scotland, we will see), the open market in a transatlantic trade union for sure isnt beneficial for 99% of the people involved/affected. But on the other hand England was never a benefit for the EU and was always way more of a hindrance for the european idea. I am glad the new president of the USA doesnt want TTIP, thats really something I can align with. Also he wants to speak with russia, which i can also only support. To solve all the crysis in the world finally, its really time for that, and also that the USA takes a step into the right direction finally. Trump may behave/seem dumb like he is from the outside, but somehow he does some right things, I am wondering. Wondering why the Nobel Peace Prize owner Obama wasnt able to do anything against all this upcoming crysis in the world the last 8 years. Would be funny if Trump comes around, just starts to communicate with russia together, and out of sudden all the crysis in the world we are having these last 8 years continously going on, would come to an end. Wouldnt that be funny?! I am wondering...

Hmm fair enough, though this makes me wonder if steam considered a "bank"? cause they sure have real world currency you can hold in a digital wallet there hmm...

There might be exeptions from this law like there always is, and if you are smart you can always outplay the law. Thats how our justice system works. The stupid and poor criminals get caught and sometimes punished. The smart and rich criminals get caught only sometimes and never get punished, because in fact they are the ones ruling. If you have enough money and influence (money is influence), you will almost never have to face any kind of punishment for what you do.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Hi Gordon, so I am not in EU and I have funds in my wallet, do I need to spend them now before 18th Dec ?  

the answer already in the news post, but in short no, but you wont be able to temporarily use your credit after then, until they get the new currency made and implemented

On 12/1/2017 at 11:33 PM, Urahara said:

Same here.

I want to have access to my store credit again.

email to support and they will help you buying things with your credit even if u can't access to your digital wallet

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

20 minutes ago, cappaspada said:

email to support and they will help you buying things with your credit even if u can't access to your digital wallet

Why would they do it individually if you ask them instead of doing it just for everybody? Makes no sense.

1 hour ago, Urahara said:

Why would they do it individually if you ask them instead of doing it just for everybody? Makes no sense.

i don't know, maybe if u need to tell them what you want to buy and you aren't unable to make the choice directly in the shop using the money directly make a difference for the EU law (in this way you have no access to the money directly so maybe this change the situation for the law) so maybe they can't let ppl that live in europe to buy directly from the shop with stored money but can do the other way without breaking that law. I'm not a lawyer so it is only a guess but if they do in this way maybe it is just because it is the only safe way to help us without breaking that stupid law

Sadly EU have lots of stupid laws (for example we have a law related to the maximum height of the arc of the cucumbers) , looking forward to see if we will have other problem after this one

Maybe they can just transform that money in "diamonds" or "pearls" or "crowns" (1 euro = 1 diamond) and change the price of the items in the shop from euro to "diamonds" according to that ratio, problem solved

Edited by cappaspada

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

10 hours ago, cappaspada said:

i don't know, maybe if u need to tell them what you want to buy and you aren't unable to make the choice directly in the shop using the money directly make a difference for the EU law (in this way you have no access to the money directly so maybe this change the situation for the law) so maybe they can't let ppl that live in europe to buy directly from the shop with stored money but can do the other way without breaking that law. I'm not a lawyer so it is only a guess but if they do in this way maybe it is just because it is the only safe way to help us without breaking that stupid law

Sadly EU have lots of stupid laws (for example we have a law related to the maximum height of the arc of the cucumbers) , looking forward to see if we will have other problem after this one

Maybe they can just transform that money in "diamonds" or "pearls" or "crowns" (1 euro = 1 diamond) and change the price of the items in the shop from euro to "diamonds" according to that ratio, problem solved

The European Commision has already let that law about the arc of the cucumbers fall since some years now, because people were always referring to this. They didnt feel to hold that law up anymore for the trading companys. The law has been made, so that people make less curved cucumbers, so that they are easier to be packaged. The people benefitting from that law, the big trading companys, didnt defend them when this law was always brought up, so they have let it fall.
I think its better this way, economics have become far too overhyped these times anyway, let the cucumbers be cucumbers.

I am fairly relieved though, that TTIP has been stopped by the movement of the citizens of the EU, for the time being at least.

Yes, I dont see why it is that difficult to just change it into some kind of ingame currency. Once the transition to the EU publisher has been made, this shouldnt be much of a deal, they already do so with their other games, arent they?

On 28/3/2017 at 11:34 PM, cappaspada said:

It does seem quite simple for those of us who don't know the whole articles, details and singularities of the laws and changes involved

I know it's not purely game related, and only effects a small percentage of backers but...
@Pann @Tyrant @Daylar Could we please have an update on this issue's current stage?

The design of the change is not yet complete.  Once that is complete it will go into the web development queue, but behind the upcoming guild system.  Wish I had more definitive news!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

9 minutes ago, Tyrant said:

The design of the change is not yet complete.  Once that is complete it will go into the web development queue, but behind the upcoming guild system.  Wish I had more definitive news!

upcoming guild system? web based management??!!  Tell us more!!!!

47 minutes ago, Tyrant said:

Once that is complete it will go into the web development queue, but behind the upcoming guild system.

Please Sir, can I have some more?

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

1 hour ago, Tyrant said:

Wish I had more definitive news!

Well... Now we know it's not a forgotten thing, and won't expect it until the guild system is working.

Thanks!

Edited by Thevo