Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bioengineer Or Ch?

toxophile

Since one of the dev's created the BE system in SWG, I hope something similar is being planned for CF. I only dabbled in BE in the later stages of the Pre-NGE game, but it was fun. I also liked CH a lot. Being able to collect pets was very cool. I did DE mostly, and eventually was able to have droids fight for me. I'm just hoping CF has this kind of variety in playstyles and activities. Even in a pvp-dominant game, there should be things to do other than fight all the damn time!

eEvERiW.jpg

I'm hoping the worlds are as vast as SWGs but so few games make them that big... the exploration of a rich environment appeals to me so much, esp if there are things to be found along the way.. and rival players!  It's possible some worlds will be bigger than others.  With enough space, a variety in play/fighting styles could be fun too, but my gut instinct says no pets/minions simply because of the action-oriented style of combat they're going for.

Taming creatures gave me an excellent excuse to be out in the middle of nowhere.

Who, me? No, I'm just taming this drolg here. I'm certainly not waiting to make an exchange of illegal items for money. Certainly not. That would be silly.

He was just helping that drolg over the fence!    ;)

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I was actually not a fan of the pokemon aspect. I really wanted to have a stable at my house and I'd have to take my creatures out and put them back there.

Of course, I also wanted a small army of them to follow me around, but that didn't happen either.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

I remember mastering Creature Handler over Christmas 2003 - my first advanced class.  Living in the UK we only got the game in something like November and being my first MMO I struggled to begin with, eventually mastering Scout then Marksman in the area inbetween Anchorhead and Bestine. 

Every night I used to log out in a little corner of Anchorhead but not before watching in amazement at the Creature Handlers parading their 3x Grauls through outpost. I decided then that a CH was what I wanted, no had to be.

I bumped into a guy that already had a few CH skills and told me the best place to level was outside Mos Espa (iirc) just get a low level pet and circle the city killing everything in our path.  Geez it was tedious (but levelling in SWG was almost always tedious).  I stayed there for weeks, circling Mos Espa for hours at a time slowly inching my way towards my goal. 

A few other friends I'd made were off exploring the galaxy, but I never strayed far from Mos Espa, creeping towards Master.  At some point over the Christmas holidays my task was done - Master Creature Handler, yay me!  At this point I had been playing for about 2 months and had never left Tatooine so as a reward I caught a shuttle to Coronet as I wanted to buy a pet and had been told that was the place to go... 

To this day I've never seen so many people in one location in an MMO, my chat window was scrolling past waaaaay to fast to read with people selling almost every item ingame.  Eventually I tracked down a fellow CH and bought a huge spider (arachne) that I kept until CH was removed from the game.  After that I explored every inch of the galaxy and collected every tameable creature.

Happy days.  Happy days indeed.

I'm not looking for a SWG2 but CH was just another of SWG ahead of its time, cool features.  If something similar was to appear in Crowfall (along with SWGs harvesting and crafting) I might spend the best part of 10 years playing this too!

Yeah, SWG2... Could be great, right?

Anyway, I hope there will be pet master class. Building droids to fight... That's something fun, right? Not that we can have it in pseudo-medieval setting, but still. And creature handler might be something completely implementable. Also bio-engineer could be some kind of life mage (please no LEGO necromancy, it's just sick).

oaOnsEV.jpg?1

I'm hoping the worlds are as vast as SWGs but so few games make them that big... the exploration of a rich environment appeals to me so much, esp if there are things to be found along the way.. and rival players!  It's possible some worlds will be bigger than others.  With enough space, a variety in play/fighting styles could be fun too, but my gut instinct says no pets/minions simply because of the action-oriented style of combat they're going for.

I really cannot agree more with this. Ive been playing FF14 ARR, and its neat, but the worlds are just not as explorable as SWG. There is still a set path, still a certain amount of linear gameplay that I just cannot get past. Though I remember being thoroughly intimidated at the time, but in retrospect nothing was better than being dropped in Mos Eisly, and just having nothing to do but explore and grind!

• 2 weeks later...

Trying...can't pick...failing...concluding...Why not both?

Hello Tierless nice to see you around here too. Hope you will bring some good discussions to these boards like those at the CU forums. :)

A bioengineer needs CHs to have a business... I loved the pre-NGE bioengineer. It was my first profession and never got old for me.