Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MiracleMax

Crows of many colors - Official discussion forum

I am extremely confused now.

Are we going away from the vessel system? Is it just a optional item slot now that just gives bonus stats?

All of the wording seems to combine character to crow which is not what the vessel system has been pitched as.

Or am i just completely wrong here.

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

No, we still have the vessel system, but you can customize your vessel upon creation (i.e. graveyard or initial creation, maybe necromancy too).

Nothing here about items and bonus stats...?

So yeah, you look a little confused :P . But no, nothing like that. It's just that vessels can be customized;

but also give enough freedom for a Crow to imbue their vessel with their own visual story and personality.

-----

Thanks for the update Melissa / Max :D Looks exciting!

From what it looks like, it seems we have 5 skin tones and 5 faces, and each face has it's own set of eyebrows. So it's just facial type, hair style, hair color, skin markings, and skin color. Fancy.

ed; grammar and other things :T

Edited by Michael Fedora

"The enemy has found me, Ulic, but the enemy knows only darkness. I know something that enemy does not… I know the Light." ~ Arca Jeth, Star Wars Legends

No, we still have the vessel system, but you can customize your vessel upon creation (i.e. graveyard or initial creation, maybe necromancy too).

So yeah, you look a little confused :P . But no, nothing like that. It's just that vessels can be customized;

-----

Thanks for the update Melissa / Max :D Looks exciting!

Maybe you are reading something else then i am but it refers to changing your crows look so everyone can try and be unique.

Our primary design goal is that we want Crows to feel distinctive in Crowfall and to give players the ability to decide their own “look”. 

Not Vessel, Crow.

If they meant to say vessel it would make alot more sense, although since a vessel is supposed to be able to traded around, the look customization is less important, but still neat.

Edit: The confusion is because they are referring to "players" but used crows instead. I thought they were referring to the account entity, confusion gone.

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

Awesome I always like customization makes me feel even more immersed in the world. I have a question though it might be a bit early, I really like dyes but for example GW2 you had to spend in game or real money to get dyes to customize your gear.

My question is pretty much how are you implementing dyes and how much access will we have to the palette of colors.

I hope dyes are just a thing everyone has so everyone can look unique and feel like its "their" character. 

My question is pretty much how are you implementing dyes and how much access will we have to the palette of colors.

I hope dyes are just a thing everyone has so everyone can look unique and feel like its "their" character. 

No idea on colors, but I would imagine that the dyes will need to be crafted, just like everything else.

Are we going away from the vessel system? Is it just a optional item slot now that just gives bonus stats?

All of the wording seems to combine character to crow which is not what the vessel system has been pitched as.

Or am i just completely wrong here.

Looks like this is in reference to aesthetics, but I do like the tabards and guild identification. Sorely needed.

So what I'm curious about and that probably does not have an answer yet is if cosmetic customization will be at the crow(account) level where it just auto applies these things to the vessels as we equip/take over them or if it is something that is controlled by the necromancer who creates the body.

It seems like a lot of the character/vessel customization happens at the crafting level with discs and advantages/disadvantages. This puts a lot of the customization on the necromancers it seems and not a ton on the players itself.

C4sIZDW.gif

So what I'm curious about and that probably does not have an answer yet is if cosmetic customization will be at the crow(account) level where it just auto applies these things to the vessels as we equip/take over them or if it is something that is controlled by the necromancer who creates the body.

It seems like a lot of the character/vessel customization happens at the crafting level with discs and advantages/disadvantages. This puts a lot of the customization on the necromancers it seems and not a ton on the players itself.

AFAIK, necromancers will only be able to determine the quality level and stats of the vessel. Advantages and disadvantages, disciplines and character appearance will all be done at the vessel level. It is likely that we will be able to save the way a particular vessel looks so that we can quickly recreate it on a new vessel, but I don't know that they have ever confirmed that.

AFAIK, necromancers will only be able to determine the quality level and stats of the vessel. Advantages and disadvantages, disciplines and character appearance will all be done at the vessel level. It is likely that we will be able to save the way a particular vessel looks so that we can quickly recreate it on a new vessel, but I don't know that they have ever confirmed that.

I assume you mean account level rather than vessel level? Unless we assign different meanings to those things.

I know that each Vessel is supposed to have the runes attached to it but I may have made a poor assumption that the Necro would do it himself. I thought I had read that somewhere but I may just be making that up.

Personally I think it might be kind of useful to be able to set a default appearance for a vessel at the crow/account level and be able to change it a bit if you want to on the vessels themselves. Jah also suggested that they could just make it so it defaulted to your last appearance using that particular archetype.

C4sIZDW.gif

I'm pretty sure vessels are not cosmetic, and will simply inherit all the customizations of the "crow".

If this isn't true, I think the system would be silly. Where you lose your desired look and have to pick a vessel that looks like a complete jabroni.

Having to stylize your vessel every time you pick up a new one would get old real fast.

This is in line with what I had understood, and also with what I hope to be true.

Edit: mostly. I thought that maximum stat values were going to be determined by the quality of the vessel, and the quality of the vessel in turn decided by the necromancer who crafted it.

As for the actual stat values in practice, I thought those would be determined by the disciplines and dis/advantages applied to the vessel by the crow wearing it.

So, a Duelist is always going to have more Dexterity than Strength, but the exact stat cap and the actual stat of each individual Duelist will be determined by a variety of specific factors.

But close enough.

Either way, I want a hamster with a neon green mohawk. GIVE ME THE THING.

Edited by goose

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

They said everytime you first equip a vessel the customization window will pop up. They also said you could save a template to quickily re-do an character like you liked.

Edited by BarriaKarl

This is in line with what I had understood, and also with what I hope to be true.

Edit: mostly. I thought that maximum stat values were going to be determined by the quality of the vessel, and the quality of the vessel in turn decided by the necromancer who crafted it.

As for the actual stat values in practice, I thought those would be determined by the disciplines and dis/advantages applied to the vessel by the crow wearing it.

But close enough.

Possibly, I'm not sure on that part. Players will absolutely be able to modify stats via advantages and disadvantages, however, I assume that necromancers will be able to produce different stat levels within a quality level, the same way we do when crafting gear. 

Please make sure we can save premade customizations for each archtype then(and save them serverside) so we can quickly use them in the mist of combat or whatnot.