Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bigcat

The longer you have a vessel the better it gets!

I'm noping this for two reasons. 1) Their. But seriously, stockpiling corpses and aging them like a Bordeaux? All you'll end up with is necromancers building up their inventories to sell at a premium in the winter. 2) Vessels are corpses that you animate with your spirit. From a lore perspective, they wouldn't get better over time. They would just decay until you are forced to get another body.

I'm noping this for two reasons. 1) Their. But seriously, stockpiling corpses and aging them like a Bordeaux? All you'll end up with is necromancers building up their inventories to sell at a premium in the winter. 2) Vessels are corpses that you animate with your spirit. From a lore perspective, they wouldn't get better over time. They would just decay until you are forced to get another body.

Make it so you have to be in the vessel to for it improve because yea that would be stupid.

Decay is a pivotal part of the economy, all equipment, including bodies, are expected to expire in order to promote commerce and crafting, though bodies would be a good exception since the vessel system is already undesirable.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I could see some sort of traditional leveling work. That vessel survives through a siege and gets a bonus but if he dies it's gone. Give some rogue like vibes to it. But it would be hard to prevent people from finding a way to just grind xp out; it would have to be only from pvp

Didn't they explicitly say Vessels would be subject to the normal item decay rules?

That's pretty much the opposite of what you mention here.

I seem to remember threads about how you will have to repair them if you want to keep the same body...

But I could be remembering wrong.

Edited by ledeir

I think its a great idea.

The vessel gets saturated with hunger, slowly decaying it but also making it stronger. It will never be as strong uptil the point it falls apart completely from the corruption of hunger.

CfWBSig.png

Didn't they explicitly say Vessels would be subject to the normal item decay rules?

That's pretty much the opposite of what you mention here.

I seem to remember threads about how you will have to repair them if you want to keep the same body...

But I could be remembering wrong.

No. You remember correctly (Crows and Vessels FAQ).

In a game about being an immortal scavenger that salvages corpses into usable bodies to wage war across numerous dying worlds, it makes sense that they'd decay as you use them, rather than get better.

However, it also makes sense that a crow would become better adapted to using a vessel they were comfortable with. This could be represented by the amount of training that is allowed to "leak through" to the vessel. 

It would be an interesting balance if time in vessel increased it's potency, while also reducing it's durability.  The time it would be the most useful would also be the time it would be a highest risk of being completely destroyed.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

However, it also makes sense that a crow would become better adapted to using a vessel they were comfortable with. This could be represented by the amount of training that is allowed to "leak through" to the vessel. 

It would be an interesting balance if time in vessel increased it's potency, while also reducing it's durability.  The time it would be the most useful would also be the time it would be a highest risk of being completely destroyed.

I guess, but thematically and mechanically it's more interesting to constantly have pressure applied to seek newer, better stuff.  Again, crows, scavenging worlds, against the forces of entropy, etc.

I guess, but thematically and mechanically it's more interesting to constantly have pressure applied to seek newer, better stuff.  Again, crows, scavenging worlds, against the forces of entropy, etc.

Yes and no.

There are a few things that are already set to not get constantly worse.  EK construction (if you pay your tax), and crow skill trees.

If every item is constantly getting "worse", players will have a natural tendency to avoid doing those things that make it worse.  I have seen that behavior very recently on Naval Action, where the devs tightened the difficulty screws so tight, and make failure/loss/being sunk so punishing players simply avoided conflict altogether, or made sure they only sailed in "cheap" ships/gear.

If the decay mechanic is too punishing, or there is no advantage in taking risks, players will gravitate to minimal conflict.  Having vessels improve in one direction, while getting closer to total failure in the other, would add a risk/reward balance point rather than a one way gate.

If every item is constantly getting "worse", players will have a natural tendency to avoid doing those things that make it worse...

If the decay mechanic is too punishing, or there is no advantage in taking risks, players will gravitate to minimal conflict...

Enter CW rulesets... at this point they are perhaps the only thing that will make the CF's apparent overuse of gear and decay mechanics palatable to those with concerns such as these (others don't care).  ACE has already mentioned that you could indefinitely keep a vessel with proper care, thought that is only likely in the outer bands.  In those bands, I tend to think players will seek conflict for the sake of conflict, with some added bonus for their victories as a nicety.   

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

This vessel is already fine like wine!

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka