Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gwanstar

Multiple accounts? "Cheating"?

If people want to buy multiple accounts, let them.  

If someone owns multiple accounts it doesn't make them more skillful at the game; it doesn't make their character invulnerable to damage, either. 

That means they can still be killed and their stuff looted.  

Who has the advantage when you're inventory is full of (what was) their stuff? 

I'm not worried about this and you shouldn't be, either, OP; it will only lead to unnecessary apprehension. 

Hg0LXwa.png

They sold kickstarter packages that came with a 2nd account. There are too many threads about this issue. Multiple accounts have happened in every MMO. It didn't destroy those MMO's and it wont destroy this one. If you are a cheap skate then find another way to compete. Yeah you may not have that 2nd crafting account. So... maybe.. you know... make friends with a crafter so you could even the playing field. You might be that type that will get more enjoyment out of bonding with another person in the first place. But I want to be a hermit with my 50 accounts so I can have every tree trained within the first year. I'm sure 5 more threads about this will be made tomorrow.

Edited by Tark

They sold kickstarter packages that came with a 2nd account. There are too many threads about this issue. Multiple accounts have happened in every MMO. It didn't destroy those MMO's and it wont destroy this one. If you are a cheap skate then find another way to compete. Yeah you may not have that 2nd crafting account. So... maybe.. you know... make friends with a crafter so you could even the playing field. You might be that type that will get more enjoyment out of bonding with another person in the first place. But I want to be a hermit with my 50 accounts so I can have every tree trained within the first year. I'm sure 5 more threads about this will be made tomorrow.

I think one big difference is that other MMOs didnt have a fully passive skill tree that trained for you... Thats really the heart of this. If it were an active skill tree that required in game playing to level, alts wouldnt be an issue at all. So the ISSUE stems from having it fully passive you click once, and it will continue to level for you for DAYS on end with zero "management" 

People have talking about possible solutions but the reality is, there isnt any good one. If you increase the appeal of VIP to make it more attractive than non-VIP, then it will become essentially "P2W" in some regards... Because now $15/mo allows you to "do it all". 

I think the only two solutions to this type of thing is:

1) Shift SOME of the training to active. There are ways to do this, but I think its complicated. This helps, since now an active player can "out train" passive account. 

2) Remove the ability to auto-train. This is what I think has the most appeal personally. To conceptualize, any tier 1 takes about 5 minutes to train correct? Well what iif it automatically didnt train level 2... You have to actively set that. Now this "could" remove the ability for many to easily do alt accounts since you cant "set and forget". Now this alone, to me, seems rather tedious... If I am playing Crowfall and train a skill, I dont want to have to click to train another every 5 minutes... So... Maybe you make this "queable" so you can "que" up to 3 things at any given time. So you might que up levels 1-3 for something, it takes ~18 minutes, and you would Que up another 3 (levels 4-6) that might take 22min) etc. etc. When you step away for a few hours, you might que up levels 81-84 on something else, that would likely run for several hours....

Where VIP could come in, well it could either be in the form of allowing you to que up MORE things, like 5 (instead of 3)... OR give you some type of "remote access" online, to continuously que up the skill tree - meaning you can possibly train faster... But not necessarily, because a non VIP player could sit as his computer OR manage his passive tree to only train higher level-longer stuff while AFK etc. 

But this would deter SOME of the alt account issues as now it would require MUCH more active work to level an alt account. You would need to babysit that account for the early levels, which for an active player, isnt a huge issue... While its not a "HARD fix" to the problem as people could still do it, it makes doing alt accounts require much more work.

This is the avenue I would pursue, it also puts a little more "active" into the passive leveling which I THINK is what people want - a little more active role.... 

It might require them to slightly adjust leveling timers, since people wont be training 24/7... but that would be for them to solve, not me :)

Training 3 general skills plus 1 archetype skill at a time with VIP would also be OP for a dedicated fighter. You could train up 4 combat-related skills at a time that way. After a year, the non-VIP peons would be much less effective in a fight that an equally skilled player who started at the same time and just bought the game, but no P2W VIP.

Ah, indeed. My english isn't that good. I thought condone meant the exact opposite.

"We do not condone the use of bots or macros in Crowfall." from the FAQ

Could you elaborate on the Shadowbane politics?

Don't worry. Someone will be along to demonstrate this eventually.

Edited by BurgundytheRed

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

Could you elaborate on the Shadowbane politics?

Ahahaha. Yeah, I could. But instead I'll offer a small amount of elaboration and an anecdote.

In Shadowbane, guilds weren't the only way to group people together. There were also nations, which controlled physical chunks of the game world. The Nation Leader controlled their city's Tree of Life, which served as a spawn point and also a ..sort of a health node for control of the city. While they were active, the Tree of Life protected several of the locations around a city, including the city itself, making them difficult to destroy and impossible to take control of. But during a Bane, which was a sort of scheduled event, a city's Tree of Life could be destroyed, leaving the city vulnerable to destruction or capture.

Nations were comprised of many guilds, and because the nations and their assorted guilds were all run by people, there were inherently some politics. Some guilds didn't like each other, but shared the same Nation, so they avoid actively killing each other in public. Some Nations were allies, and some were at war. Also, Nations controlled various provinces in the game, so depending on what Nation you were part of, some places were safer to go than others. This mattered when you were farming certain NPCs or hunting boss-ish mobs for their rare drops. Though..they weren't really RARE. They dropped 100% of the time, but the NPCs only spawned on like, a 6 hour timer, so it was something of an event... But anyway, I digress.

So the politics were inherent to the gameplay, but they also enabled some interesting shenanigans. When I was with a guild toward the end of the game's life cycle, I heard a story about this one guy who got recruited into the guild, and over the course of several months proved himself to be a reliable and skilled member, and he was promoted within the guild. One day, folks logged on and noticed that a solid 1/3 of the guild bank - the 1/3 this guy had had access to - was just gone, along with all of its money.

It turns out, this guy had actually been a double agent for an enemy nation who people had known for ages. But he didn't talk in Ventrilo, so that nation's "spies" didn't know who he was when he made a new account and a new Ventrilo handle and joined their guild and started communicating. He had spent three or four months in the guild after actively avoiding talking in his own guild for even longer, playing a long con just to undermine an enemy guild and steal as much of their crap as they would give him access to.

So you see. Politics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

This is the avenue I would pursue, it also puts a little more "active" into the passive leveling which I THINK is what people want - a little more active role.... 

It might require them to slightly adjust leveling timers, since people wont be training 24/7... but that would be for them to solve, not me :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx2bHvlwkvM

Where do you people come from that keep pushing this idea that a true, hardcore PvP game should require active, time-consuming levelling?  No one that I know wants this.. either in the form of grinding mobs or managing skill ques.  PvPers want to PvP -- not sit around wasting our time with this nonsense.

Edited by Nohmad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx2bHvlwkvM

Where do you people come from that keep pushing this idea that a true, hardcore PvP game should require active, time-consuming levelling?  No one that I know wants this.. either in the form of grinding mobs or managing skill ques.  PvPers want to PvP -- not sit around wasting our time with this nonsense.

Good point. We should remove the skill tree along with all crafting/harvesting because PVPers dont want to sit around wasting time with this nonsense. Actually, we should just make this a MOBA! Then we wont have to! 

So the politics were inherent to the gameplay, but they also enabled some interesting shenanigans. When I was with a guild toward the end of the game's life cycle, I heard a story about this one guy who got recruited into the guild, and over the course of several months proved himself to be a reliable and skilled member, and he was promoted within the guild. One day, folks logged on and noticed that a solid 1/3 of the guild bank - the 1/3 this guy had had access to - was just gone, along with all of its money.

It turns out, this guy had actually been a double agent for an enemy nation who people had known for ages. But he didn't talk in Ventrilo, so that nation's "spies" didn't know who he was when he made a new account and a new Ventrilo handle and joined their guild and started communicating. He had spent three or four months in the guild after actively avoiding talking in his own guild for even longer, playing a long con just to undermine an enemy guild and steal as much of their crap as they would give him access to.

So you see. Politics.

Wow, that's actually pretty cool.

Good point. We should remove the skill tree along with all crafting/harvesting because PVPers dont want to sit around wasting time with this nonsense. Actually, we should just make this a MOBA! Then we wont have to! 

Riiiigggghhhht, because the decision to have a passive as opposed to active leveling system is the equivalent of making it a MOBA.

Edited by Nohmad