Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bigcat

Are the devs frustrated or annoyed by all the crying already?

Already we see a myriad of post complaining of things people just shouldnt be complaining about this early in development.  For e.g. balance, stamina, food, Ganking.  Does this kind of constant crying and whining wish you maybe didnt crowdfund the title so you could have a more relaxed setting to develope the game?

Edited by bigcat

Already we see a myriad of post complaining of things people just shouldnt be complaining about this early in development.  For e.g. balance, stamina, food, qanking.  Does this kind of constant crying and whining wish you maybe didnt crowdfund the title so you could have a more relaxed setting to develope the game?

I hate when people go around 'qanking'. 

Please develop a approved list of things we can give feedback on, including qanking.

CfWBSig.png

To be the one reading and digesting the feedback it's gotta suck. It pisses me off to no end when people tell me I am wrong and should do it some other way in my line of work.  I am guessing it comes with the territory though.  If people are happy or enjoy something they are less likely to come on the forums and praise an excellent job done, or that they like it.  The internet's sole purpose is for complaining.... didn't you get the memo?

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

To be the one reading and digesting the feedback it's gotta suck. It pisses me off to no end when people tell me I am wrong and should do it some other way in my line of work.  I am guessing it comes with the territory though.  If people are happy or enjoy something they are less likely to come on the forums and praise an excellent job done, or that they like it.  The internet's sole purpose is for complaining.... didn't you get the memo?

Very true.

Although when they took away root motion the feedback was overflowing with positive responses.

But i think thats closer to strangling someone then letting them breath and them thanking you for oxygen.

CfWBSig.png

These are big boys and girls for the most part. I suspect they knew exactly what they were getting into with no NDA and this kind of access.

And it's been fairly glorious. I want to add a footnote to every criticism I post that says: "BUT! TY SOSOSOSO MUCH FOR BEING TRULY TRANSPARENT!"

Already we see a myriad of post complaining of things people just shouldnt be complaining about this early in development.  For e.g. balance, stamina, food, Ganking.  Does this kind of constant crying and whining wish you maybe didnt crowdfund the title so you could have a more relaxed setting to develope the game?

Lol. This selection of the "best answer" is one kind of a statement. I like it. xD

But back to topic. You can find a very specific feedback list in this official test feedback thread. It's not very user-friendly though. But it's there.

As for the developers:

They are professionals. Really - absolute- professionals.

Complaints did exist from the first days. ACE never changed their basic vision. They listen to worries, they take them seriously, they think about them and then they decide what is best for their game. I was included in some game developments, but with the one exception of ACE i never met a team that did appear to listen so much to their customers while in the same time sticking to their vision and meeting their decisions on a very grounded and independend base. I've had the luck to see this from different angles and it always was exactely that.

The questions is not if there are complaints. The question is if they make sense. If they do, they consider it. But they won't change the way they develop crowfall  just because people complain. And that's a high quality. Follow your dreams, let people participate, listen to people, but stay grounded and make it happen. And thats what ACE is doing. Did i say they are pro's? xD

Probably they will shake their hads from time to time if they see the forums. But the forums are just one tiny bit of the whole thing. We live and observe in the now. They have to look at the future. And to lead us there. I already said this today, but -- thats part of the deal. They knew it and they do it.

tl;dr: I wouldn't be to worried about this thought. They (did and) will go their way. WE have to decide if we want to make it more easy (or harder) for them to make the game we will love.

To be honest I feel like there are a significant amount of players that backed crowfall early that are not really up-to-date with gaming and mainly stuck to 1-2 mmos over the last 10+ years and have a very small gaming pool in general, and I think this causes them to not contextualize things properly at times.

Like JTC can sit there and say the test is a test and not a game, and that it will be rough, crude, grueling, because it's very early persistent world testing, and people don't seem to truly let that resonate. 

To me it's hilarious when people complain about balance right now, because we are missing so many archetypes, promotions, disciplines, etc etc.  Yet they want ACE to spend time balancing right now, when most experienced testers know the serious balance passes come way later in testing closer to release when most stuff you would be balancing is incorporated into the game.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I had crowfall open and was quanking once, and somebody walked into the room.Man, that was embarassing.

Ya, FeelsBadMan.

And i love the complain threads about complainers. I make sure to complain about the complain thread thats complaining about complainers. 

Todd commented on one of the videos "We love the feedback, even if its mean, we can take it."

CfWBSig.png

It's pre-alpha, now is the time to give feedback or "complain" about features / mechanics since things are in flux and extremely malleable. The further we get into development the harder or less likely it will be to change things.

We gave feedback / complained about the camera and server side movement - they fixed it.

We told the combat was ass and they improved it.

It's pre-alpha, now is the time to give feedback or "complain" about features / mechanics since things are in flux and extremely malleable. The further we get into development the harder or less likely it will be to change things.

We gave feedback / complained about the camera and server side movement - they fixed it.

We told the combat was ass and they improved it.

Specific feedback and ideas of how to fix it are different than whining.

People also have to be willing to wait a little while - sometimes things feel like they don't work because they aren't done yet. Sometimes that's all there is to it. Even my biggest issue right now - I don't like combat universal skills in their current iteration - might wind up being less of a big deal than I am afraid it might be. Because it's an unfinished part of a larger system. I'm perfectly happy to wait and see what changes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.