Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unique world maps - Official discussion thread

Pann

Nice news. I just hope if these worlds are bigger that player population will be too bigger.

Finally, I will be able to play with good internet connection on my side, so hopefully, my parched champion's axe will get a drink (skills were hard to aim in lags).

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

I am so sick of mountains. The EU map looks like the Vierwaldstädtersee in Switzerland. Some lakes in the center and a lot of mountains all around. But i guess thats why we got this map. Damned alps. xD

No, it's ok. We are used to climb hills. ;) Nevertheless, i will probably spend my first hours on the US maps. This grand canyon of yours really looks interesting. :)

2W1ZHpA.jpg
EU-Support-Guild
Join - Discord Channel 

Second

ahh memories

anyone know if our skills or gear resets if we stay on the same server?

Skills are account based so theyll stay the same no matter tha campaign/server. Items however are server based and will probaly be poofed for this playtest i reckon

Veeshan Midst of UXA

So, west server has the same L shaped forested tile repeated 21 times.... I dont suppose there is any plan to increase the diversity of the tile set on that server anytime soon is there?  I mean east is super complex, and EU may be simple but the mountain structure makes it dynamic at least.  West is barely going to have any dynamic terrain, its just a big flat forest with a "canyon" in the middle.

So, west server has the same L shaped forested tile repeated 21 times.... I dont suppose there is any plan to increase the diversity of the tile set on that server anytime soon is there?  I mean east is super complex, and EU may be simple but the mountain structure makes it dynamic at least.  West is barely going to have any dynamic terrain, its just a big flat forest with a "canyon" in the middle.

A random system was using ctrl - c too on the European server. 

Screen_Shot_20161210214651.png

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

Great news!  (but I am going to express a concern)

The over-reuse of parcels on these maps makes it very confusing to navigate. It just doesn't feel right.  It's jarring and breaks the sense of world.

In every MMO I have played, I quickly get to the point where I can look around and know exactly where I am based on landmarks.  Even though their artists also reuse assets, every zone feels distinctly different.

In these maps, because of the larger parcels, I get disoriented because my view is exactly the same as it would be from 4 other positions on the map.  Exactly. The. Same.  It reminds me of playing the original Metroid where rooms just kept repeating.

I appreciate how cool this system is.  I'm already impressed with how well parcels are stitched together.  But each location needs more variety.  Parcels need more distinct flair.  It's okay if repeated parcels feel familiar, but each one needs to feel distinctly different from all the others.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

Give ACE a break more unique parcels will come. This is the first time we have unique worlds and you're complaining that they are not unique enough. Content creation in traditional MMO takes a considerable amount of resources in time and money. ACE have come up with the procedural parcel generation and this is the first time its been tested putting together these different types of maps. 

One step at a time...

Looking for a casual guild ...

Give ACE a break more unique parcels will come. This is the first time we have unique worlds and you're complaining that they are not unique enough. Content creation in traditional MMO takes a considerable amount of resources in time and money. ACE have come up with the procedural parcel generation and this is the first time its been tested putting together these different types of maps. 

One step at a time...

Everyone posting about the current iteration being really confusing and hard to play with understands that; feedback is something the devs literally ask for on the forum.

I think they will make more parcels types.

It's not that much of work to place stuff on it and make terrain changes.

BUT do we need that now? Even not much work, means hours or days. Till one guy of the like 30 employes, made 10 or more variants. THAT aren't just a bit different, but clearly different.

We're talking about an system that makes world alot more diverse. THE more parcel types there are.

How many have we confirmed now? 12?

I would rather have them work on more pressing things.

Later on it's going to be rather quick. To add like 100 or 200 parcel diverstys.

Now that would be just optical enhancment.

And to be truhtfully. They might change parcel size etc, so any extra work would be wasted. IF they do change it.

Makeing an puzzle with 12 different pieces is not complex.

Try one with 500 different pieces.

Then make it really big and run an algoryhtm ... the possibilties are fu high.

Even if the guys are handplacing them for each world. The time spent on a creation would be small, in comparision to the work spent on a normal map in an MMORPG.

There will be hand placement of the POIs and other map modifications for every generated CW map...   these ARE fairly generic tiles, the good news is the stitching and no getting stuck or falling through too much.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

im jealous of everyone who has alpha access

xD

I'm just noteing to the kind "shop" or "investor" side.

It's not that costly to buy into it.

If you want to play crowfall in the future. Paying 50 (or 110 or so... need to check whos in now? You came to late ...) bucks should suffice now and then too.

Onyl difference is, now you can be part of the lag spikes, bugs an agony of no real game loop ^^.

It's an Alpha for a reason.

NO marekting ALPHA/BETA like from big studios.... this is real unpolished testing. With all it's drawbacks and funny moments.

Falling trough the world ... is only fun when you drop from the sky ... and endlessly keep falling. In crowfall you die ... twice.

*sniff* i never got to do the eternal loop ... was fun in the last alpha i did. As that had speed velocity... we raced each other. based on usage of skills to make the fall even faster. OR starting out higher, to accelerate more. Haha.

Edited by Greenfox21

English is not my spoken language so I may be wrong but here might be a typo:

Once of the coolest parts of the Crowfall vision

Is that not: 'One of the coolest...'

Otherwise great job!

/salute

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.ro