Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Armor vs. Super Thick Armor

I crafted two leather armors in the morning. One was made of 25 leather and 8 ore. The other was made of  three hardened leathers with all optional armor layers and also this other optional item I don't remember name. Then I also had to add 25 leather and 8 ore. So second one could cost about 85 leather and 20 ore or more. It's also important that all hardened leathers were of white quality, one of them was green quality.

The results? First one was significantly more comfortable and was giving better mitigations. Second had only that advantage of giving +2,5 resources, which is completely useless if the price is over 80 additional resources. I don't think I would sell it at this price.

So the only conclusion is that it worths to craft 4 armors and instead of one that consists of so many optional layers and leather. White quality leather was definitely wasted as much as green one.

-----------------------------------------------

Once the trading is in, it is important to ensure that it will worth for crafters to make such an armor. Or perhaps, should optional layers and hardener leather do something I don't know about and is not yet implemented? And can these bonuses ever be so huge that it will worth for crafters to make these expensive ones?

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

Have you made any notes or screenshots of how your experiments went?

No. I didn't expect optional layers to have no impact on the final product. The difference was like 10,81 against 10,61 of the more expensive one for elemental mitigations.

The problem is that outcome comes ONLY from final product experimentation. The result of using optional layers and hardener leather was only a +2,5 resource bonus.

Edited by ChosenofCastle

It is leather and we do not yet have all 5 types of leather or the stats that come with combinations of leather.  if you craft plate you can use the metal charts some guilds have made to predict added stats for each metal sheet that can be physical mitigation bonus (an even .34-.38 slashing/piercing/crushing), slashing mitigation (.1 piercing, .51 slashing, .1 crushing), etc , gold-gold-iron for added fire resistance, ...  right now leather isn't doing this but it will once we have the other leather types (which will likely come from animal husbandry and not from mobs.  I haven't played with Mail armor yet but so far it is anywhere you use 3 kinds of ore (metal sheets and bars)...   these added stats DO get increased by every experimentation used as part of "sheen"...   It is coming for leather, just not for 3.6 or the near future because... Animal husbandry makes the other leathers (guess).  Wood has these stat bonuses as well but not all combinations are complete.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

What type of leather and ore did you use? Was this in a PVP world or the EK world?

The main difference I have seen so far for crafting good items vs basic items is sizable durability increases. 

I also noticed that crafting anything using slag in the EK world produces poor quality goods. Basic gear is better than slag gear. 

I can't remember at the moment, is the resource bonus for total resources, or resource recharging? If its recharging, +2.5 could be helpful for the casters out there.

(That again I also think the resource quality on items is pretty much a dump stat... when you can't use something good) :)

Resource+ would be extra max resource I believe since there is a metal that gives combat resource regen.

Also resource+ seem to be a placeholder on a lot of bar types that they dont have anything real for yet, pretty obvious if you look at the table in this thread http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/14100-metal-bar-combinations/

Resource+ would be extra max resource I believe since there is a metal that gives combat resource regen.

Also resource+ seem to be a placeholder on a lot of bar types that they dont have anything real for yet, pretty obvious if you look at the table in this thread http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/14100-metal-bar-combinations/

An effect 'bleeding damage +' replaced something there, by the way. It was not resource +, though.