Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dolmar

Concerned still major bugs not moving forward

While procedural generating different maps is good step it honestly should be very simple.

1. the inventory bugs are still there since bigworld start. Cant move forward with that still there.

2. No new classes since guiny

3. no banks much less transporting stuff from one world to another.

4. faction based combat still no news.

5. inviting beta access means the game is advancing to beta yet the momentum of bug fixes seem to be slowing.

6. No guild tags for open world pvp.

7. Game still can not support 100 people on the server with out game crushing lag.

8. Disciplines still no news on that end.

That's just a few things I am worried about at this time. While I am by all means a fan boy of crow fall My concerns warranted.

Since the launch of big world it has not really changed. Fundamentally the game is still hunger games yes the loot system has improved and the crafting is further along. But, I worry about a soft release anytime in 2017.

A progress is slow but I believe there are a few ways how to improve it. Reading all bug reports again and against after every playtest if same bugs are reported and majority of them are reported multiple times can be just time-consuming. If main posts contains a list of known bugs and if not reporting bugs multiple times and instead liking a like button to say you do have same bugs is encouraged, it will save time. I guess there may be more ways how to save time like this.

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

While procedural generating different maps is good step it honestly should be very simple.

1. the inventory bugs are still there since bigworld start. Cant move forward with that still there.

2. No new classes since guiny

3. no banks much less transporting stuff from one world to another.

4. faction based combat still no news.

5. inviting beta access means the game is advancing to beta yet the momentum of bug fixes seem to be slowing.

6. No guild tags for open world pvp.

7. Game still can not support 100 people on the server with out game crushing lag.

8. Disciplines still no news on that end.

That's just a few things I am worried about at this time. While I am by all means a fan boy of crow fall My concerns warranted.

Since the launch of big world it has not really changed. Fundamentally the game is still hunger games yes the loot system has improved and the crafting is further along. But, I worry about a soft release anytime in 2017.

Agreed. The frame lag/rubber banding feels like it has gotten worse in the past few updates for me. This is something I would really like to see cleared up.

Like the above post says, I am a huge fan boy of Crowfall. From someone who played UO, DAOC, SWG, DF and DFUW, I really hope this game pans out because I hate everything that is called an MMO these days.

to1.) Yes but problem is , it is hard fixing a bug that you cant reproduce. Its not like the items disapear at a set rule. ( well they most likely do but we havent find it yet)

So if you have any info on that mail it to the devs it will help them.

to2.) The next class is templar. In the past it took 1-2 month between releasing the news to releasing the archtype itself. Just wait and see. They have on 30 people working on the game and i doubt they all work on archtypes. =)

to3.) Banks are coming soon.

to4.) Last news i got that factions are on the way but no eta atm. They have to get it right so no rushing there.

to5.) nope its still pre alpha system test. They just invite the beta 1 players to have more people to that can find bugs.  This is not a game right now but a module test for bug findings and seeing if the system they build are working.

Open beta ETA is 2quarter 2017. That makes closed beta somewhere at the end of the 1st quarta of 2017.

to.6) see 4 faction and guilds are pretty mutch the same so my gues is that we will see both coming at the same time.

to7.) In the past big world test there where over 110 people on a server without any aditional lag or crashes.

The devs however said that the goal is to crash the server so yah crashing is a good thing during the current phase.

to8.) They have to build the other archtypes befor building the the disciplines so yah i woulndt count on that befor closed beta.

i hopes this helps to clear up this topic a bit.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

to7.) In the past big world test there where over 110 people on a server without any aditional lag or crashes.

The devs however said that the goal is to crash the server so yah crashing is a good thing during the current phase.

Yes this so many dont understand that, we are also here to stress the servers, during pre-launch states (ie anything from pre-alpha to beta) you WANT to the servers to crash, if you don't get them crashing your stress testing failed pretty much and you have no idea how many ppl you can put on a server after launch

With the progress they've been making so far, does a 2017 release window seem realistic?

Yes, Q4 though.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Yes, Q4 though.

I belive with open beta summer 2017 they mean the soft launch.

After soft launch no more wipes but i might be wrong.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

to1.) Yes but problem is , it is hard fixing a bug that you cant reproduce. Its not like the items disapear at a set rule. ( well they most likely do but we havent find it yet)

So if you have any info on that mail it to the devs it will help them.

I thought this happened when you clicked take too fast right after the item finishes crafting. It was just my theory though, not sure if it is true. I lost a two handed axe last time I crafted and I think i'm done crafting till this bug is fixed.

I thought this happened when you clicked take too fast right after the item finishes crafting. It was just my theory though, not sure if it is true. I lost a two handed axe last time I crafted and I think i'm done crafting till this bug is fixed.

well yes it does not happen pretty much every time if you wait a few seconds, but you cant expect the the finished game at least to have everyone wait a few seconds to take their items after they craft it, that it dont happen if you wait, might or might not help the devs find the bug in the code though

Slow your roll and expectations.  They're moving tons faster than they used to, and it's a small production crew.

Big World has been out for barely a month, and we've seen three huge patches.  We can expect Templar is another 2-3 weeks.

ACE is on target for a Q4 release, which is what (I think) they're aiming for.