Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Zone wide Kill messages

One of the best things in DAOC was the zone wide Kill messages.

It not only let you know the rough region the action was in, but helped build the community by creating notoriety for the victor and a heightened sense of excitement if a well known name popped up.

Would be nice to see something like this.

I'm more in favor of people figuring out their own intel and the game not really giving people too much free information. 

I have to agree the less you can count on the system to tell you the more you count on your team

It does sound pretty cool, kind of reminds me of the hunger games. However, I agree with hooded crow. Besides, consider the archtypes. There are archtypes outthere that are built for scouting or at least efdicient at it. If your idea were put into place what would be the point of them?

Hmm could be a perk in a scouting tree that allows you to identify an area a battle has taken place in recently or somthing so you can see if they place is hot or not for comflict.

Maybe reveal more information the deeper you go into scout tree so you can unlock the ability to see the guild tags involved maybe even name of people.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

You have a great gadget. A person behind that towering mountain got killed. You are not there. You don't need to. This gadget will tell you all. It will make you know who is dead and who is a killer without even seeing them. It gathers information like a satellite for you...

A simple answer is no.

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

For certain genres, and mods on games e.g. ARK SotF - it's good. 

Perhaps the code from the hunger dome remains in the client/server, and can be toggled for our EK's - so we can do brawls at an EK level.

But, other than this, with the aspirational level of folks they want in a campaign world. I dont wanna see everyone die.

Otherwise, I am going to end up multi-boxing, killing my alts so my name keeps getting seen.

You have a great gadget. A person behind that towering mountain got killed. You are not there. You don't need to. This gadget will tell you all. It will make you know who is dead and who is a killer without even seeing them. It gathers information like a satellite for you...

A simple answer is no.

Fun > Realism

Hi, I'm moneda.

I like the prestige that can come with the kill messages. Brings me back to the days of DAoC.

Long as it's togglable I don't see an issue.

Edited by izkimar

Fun > Realism

This isn't always true given the context is an MMO / Virtual World.

The point here is that Fun and Realism are not necessarily at odds with each other, whereas Fun at the Expense of Realism is an automatic point of interest to evaluate.

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin