Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Investment stretch goals - Official discussion thread

Pann

I've already purchased two kickstarter packages, and a small castle when they were on "sale".  It sucks I'd need to now invest extra money to get these new cool bonuses.  Let's hope some money gets freed up after Christmas!

Official Moderator of the Community Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

I've already purchased two kickstarter packages, and a small castle when they were on "sale".  It sucks I'd need to now invest extra money to get these new cool bonuses.  Let's hope some money gets freed up after Christmas!

Its called 'up selling'.

Looking for a casual guild ...

You still get the backer rewards, just not the investor rewards, if you aren't an investor.

Indeed more than more than fair. Thousands of backers will (may) get an additional parcel. If you only count the 10k backers who already have test access and assume 10$ per parcel, they are forwarding about 1/3, add the contributor backers and multiply this with the 15$ a woodgrove parcel costs, they are forwarding easily 1/2 of the investment sum into the pocket of their old backers.

Btw, i want to have this parcel. So go on guys, empty your pockets for our beloved game! It's a great christmas present. I guess. ;)

Edited by Kraahk

This is a longwinded, semi-related thing that I've posted about before but have never gotten much direct feedback on.  If it's too off-topic I can move it to its own thread, but anyways:

It is very hard to get hyped about the parcels and buildings and such until there's more concrete stuff about what you can do with them in-game.  I understand that the mechanics are all in flux but as it stands anything that benefits the EKs are functionally "cosmetic" beyond stuff like houses for thralls and the ability to get some meager tier resources, I think? Yeah having a neat fort or castle is better than not having a neat fort or castle, and having land is better than not, but I think people want to know "what will make the EK side of things fun".  I don't expect all of the details to be hammered out but there's always been this weird disconnect between the EK and Campaign side of things, and I want to understand the interplay between them more, because that would make a lot of these goodies more tasty.

If the game had the infrastructure in place things like more cosmetic skins for weapons and armor, cosmetic additions like badges or war trophies (Warhammer Online had cool skulls or medals you could put on your dudes), are all straightforward things that give an obvious benefit to people during actual play in the campaigns.  The campaigns are where the majority of the game takes place in (for most people- I don't begrudge people who want to spend a lot of time in the EK playing the economics and production side of things).  Rewards geared towards "you will at some point get a cool thing to wear" don't require a mechanical basis to be interesting- people are always gonna like to be stylish.

So like, what does the villa do?  It's a cool house, sure, but it seems like something I'd place in my EK and then be away from for weeks at a time as I'm playing in campaigns. Do I get mail delivered there?  Do I put trophies and furniture there? Will there be mechanical benefits to "having a cool house" if I spend 90% of my time in campaign worlds?  What do these resource parcels do?  I'd spend 15 minutes cutting wood between campaigns, but is that it?  I am unsure of the intended use of these things, since the meat of the game takes place, essentially, in another world entirely.

This is a longwinded, semi-related thing that I've posted about before but have never gotten much direct feedback on.  If it's too off-topic I can move it to its own thread, but anyways:

It is very hard to get hyped about the parcels and buildings and such until there's more concrete stuff about what you can do with them in-game.  I understand that the mechanics are all in flux but as it stands anything that benefits the EKs are functionally "cosmetic" beyond stuff like houses for thralls and the ability to get some meager tier resources, I think? Yeah having a neat fort or castle is better than not having a neat fort or castle, and having land is better than not, but I think people want to know "what will make the EK side of things fun".  I don't expect all of the details to be hammered out but there's always been this weird disconnect between the EK and Campaign side of things, and I want to understand the interplay between them more, because that would make a lot of these goodies more tasty.

If the game had the infrastructure in place things like more cosmetic skins for weapons and armor, cosmetic additions like badges or war trophies (Warhammer Online had cool skulls or medals you could put on your dudes), are all straightforward things that give an obvious benefit to people during actual play in the campaigns.  The campaigns are where the majority of the game takes place in (for most people- I don't begrudge people who want to spend a lot of time in the EK playing the economics and production side of things).  Rewards geared towards "you will at some point get a cool thing to wear" don't require a mechanical basis to be interesting- people are always gonna like to be stylish.

So like, what does the villa do?  It's a cool house, sure, but it seems like something I'd place in my EK and then be away from for weeks at a time as I'm playing in campaigns. Do I get mail delivered there?  Do I put trophies and furniture there? Will there be mechanical benefits to "having a cool house" if I spend 90% of my time in campaign worlds?  What do these resource parcels do?  I'd spend 15 minutes cutting wood between campaigns, but is that it?  I am unsure of the intended use of these things, since the meat of the game takes place, essentially, in another world entirely.

I think the EKs will be coming soon. :)

But from what I remember Crows can visit EKs anytime - its like they have a spiritual link to their Eternal Kingdom.  Some CWs will have import rules i.e. when you start a CW you can import stuff - not sure how it will work and how much stuff you can import.

The EKs can be used for guild events; practice PvP etc. If the guild is big enough it may be participating in more than one CW and the EKs will be a way to meet outside of the CWs.

EKs will also act as social and trade hubs.

EKs have a lot of potential to add a another gaming experience and I hope they just don't turn into player housing.

Edited by Dirkoff

Looking for a casual guild ...

The villa

is mainly a cosmetic thing. However, it has it's use. You may place your trophys, thralls or workstations onto the building lots that are part of this building (inside or outside).

Remember that rights in the EK's depend on their fealty tree. Simplified: King grant parcel placement rights to nobles, nobles grant building placement rights to vassals. Vassals grant object placement rights to tennants.

So if you have a building to place, you can be at least a vassal, having the right to give people access to (or decoration rights within) your building. You (or them) can use whatever slots this type of building provides. We don't know details about this right now, but maybe you would be able to place a thrall there you sells your campaign wares. Or you could allow your tennants to do so.

And i think you will be able to place some kind of chest in these buildings, to place some of your more valuable possessions between campaigns.

Resource parcels

I really don't know what they do. But i take a guess. At the actual stage of development they do as much as nothing. You can build basic equipment out of the harvested resources. Yeah, great...

But it's good to show people that they will have to go to the campaigns to get the real stuff. Regarding this "goal", it's ok for me.

However, it can't be the end.

I believe that the ultra-common resources will be required to pay the maintenance costs of the stronghold parcels buildings. It would make sense.

I assume not much (but some) people to spend a lot of time in the EK's. Crowfall will have the largest "housing-areas" ever known i think - and this will attract people who like this idea. I don't think that this player type will be overly fond about campaigns. I guess they would more likely take them as an inevitable evil, to get the resources they need to develop their kingdom. So how about maintenance costs? It would be better if they could get the resources need to pay the maintenance within EK's. Only going out to the campaigns if they need to build something new, which requires some of the more rare resources.

Flip sides. Why should campaign players need to harvest ultra-common resources? That stuff is crap. It doesn't help anything to win campaigns. Maybe to build some basic walls. But not concerning their personal gear. Giving EK-interested players the opportunity to pay their maintenance costs by harvesting in the EK's, will give campaign players more opportunities to get rich (and/or better gear). They don't have to waste precious embargo space for ultra-common resources, if people can get those easily in the EK's.

You will be able to turn PvP on and off and maybe even the loot rules (hope they have a 10 minute warning timers to prevent luring and ganking)..,  You will be able to then use your fort, castle, citadel pieces to build any kind of arena you would like...  possible even with mob spawners in them.  I think you can have some of your parcels PvP and others safe zones so that you can have vending and an arena and you personal exclusive area all built by you and connected.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai