Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

More Winter Storms Headed To The East/north East

Handies

What is Winter?

Is that what they call it when it goes under 70 degrees?

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Wyoming is in the east/north east? 

Knocking you, in jest.

I managed to avoid the storms when I was moving across country.  I made a point to go south then west because the last place I wanted to be in the winter time was on the plains.

Still, when I made it here, and was on the very last leg of my journey, it was extremely foggy out.  The sun hadn't come up quite yet, (and I was still on Eastern time so I was up early), and I sat behind a semi to use as my guide through the fog.  It was thick.  But that didn't stop people from flying by at 80mph. 

Sure enough, not long after, came upon two accidents, one for each direction, where the idiots rolled their vehicles because they were going too fast in the fog.  Doesn't have to be snowy where you are to still screw it all up.  If you can't see, slow the hell down.  If it's slippery, slow the hell down.  And remember, four wheel drive slides right off the road just as easy as any other type of car.

Edited by cheyenne wolfshadow

Hmm I remember seeing film of Texans driving in less of an inch of snow...

Where I grew up travel didn't get effected until the snow was being measured in feet:

Ahh, last year's ice. That was terrible. This year has been wonderful. Blizzard in the NE and 80° in Austin.

ugh, just a friendly reminder to us iowan's that winter isn't quite over yet  <_< (rizzle frizzle frazzle frat)

Edited by stevencolbear

If you can't dazzle em with brilliance, baffle em with truthiness