Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
weaponsx

For the "mods"

Well, it would suck for someone interested in the game to come to the official forums and see everyone being unconstructive each other. It'd be very off-putting to them. 

People, in general, don't like being apart of toxic communities (unless they started the toxicity themselves).

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Well, it would suck for someone interested in the game to come to the official forums and see everyone being unconstructive each other. It'd be very off-putting to them. 

People, in general, don't like being apart of toxic communities (unless they started the toxicity themselves).

Or...or...it would suck for someone interested in the game to come to the official forums and see...absolutely nothing. Like, meh.

You wrongly assume that a community which allows any freedom for verbal sparring is toxic. That isn't always the case, and needn't always be the case. You also wrongly (though not entirely wrongly) assume people don't like toxic communities. Jesus, Facebook has like a billion people on it and it's the social equivalent to Chernobyl.

I'm not sure why so many folks think that adding a little creative banter means stripping away all the rules and having a lawless society. There is a middle ground to be had. Damn zealots.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

Or...or...it would suck for someone interested in the game to come to the official forums and see...absolutely nothing. Like, meh.

You wrongly assume that a community which allows any freedom for verbal sparring is toxic. That isn't always the case, and needn't always be the case. You also wrongly (though not entirely wrongly) assume people don't like toxic communities. Jesus, Facebook has like a billion people on it and it's the social equivalent to Chernobyl.

I'm not sure why so many folks think that adding a little creative banter means stripping away all the rules and having a lawless society. There is a middle ground to be had. Damn zealots.

Yea, okay, but the one section of the forum that what you're advocating for isn't allowed is the recruitment thread area. If people just learn where and how they can take their shots they needn't worry about The Terror of Warning Points or whatever.

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

Why not just have the politics in a separate forum and have special rules that are basicly the same as the in-game rules. Which, btw, are alot more loose. It basically says you can stalk, harass, abuse, anything you want as long as its in context of the game. (baring personal attacks)

Why have that in the game but say that is impossible to have it in a special place in the forums? Seems a bit....ridiculous. 

And having a heated section of forums doesn't make for a toxic community. Dota 2 has the most toxic community i have ever been around and the rules of conduct are pretty strict in a game. 

Play 2 Crush in a hard core game....except in a public forum? 

There is a forum for general discussion of these issues:

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/forum/58-the-great-hall/

Some rules posted there too about specific moderation issues:

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/7981-the-great-hall-special-forum-special-rules/

Issue is that all the wording is so much to the whim of a potential bias admin for interpretation.
Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

Right, I don't think anyone is advocating stripping the forum of rules entirely, just make a sub-forum, throw a disclaimer on it and call it a day.

Now that you have guilds in open combat against one another in game, lets really get this party started. I mean, JUST calling Sugoi a noob zerg in game is kinda meh.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

I think I correctly assume that a community within a competitive game, which allows any freedom for verbal sparring, is toxic.

Besides, ACE may one day come across the perfect deal (to ACE) from a publisher, but if all it takes is the potential publishers seeing the community calling each other [NSFW, REDACTED  AND CENSORED] to call off the deal, then ACE may  lose out on a potentially company-saving opportunity.

I would agree it must be possible to find a middle ground where game politics can be a little rambunctious without becoming completely toxic.

I've been on the internet long enough to know that you're never going to get anonymous people to act civilly in a competitive environment. We've all seen the DOTA, LoL, and CoD toxicity memes.

Right, I don't think anyone is advocating stripping the forum of rules entirely, just make a sub-forum, throw a disclaimer on it and call it a day.

I mean, there will be forumbane, ACE can't stop people from working from within the RoC, but it will be more tame than a pet dog.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

I find it hilarious that our roving bands of thugs are asking for a safe forum space so that they can talk poorly made socks about people they don't like. This is like a really weird Teenagers in High School movie.

I find it hilarious that our roving bands of thugs make comment about roving bands of thugs.

I think I correctly assume that a community within a competitive game, which allows any freedom for verbal sparring, is toxic.

I guess you don't see the irony of what you are currently doing.

Coolster50 toxicity confirmed?

CfWBSig.png

I find it hilarious that our roving bands of thugs make comment about roving bands of thugs.

We're thug as hell son, strapped up with warning points and 9s and whatever else they say these days.

You don't need forumbaning for good in-game rivalries, those rivalries can happen in-game.  People juxtapose their own nostalgic experiences onto what the actual trends are. 

If you look at all of the most competitive games (esports) they've actually tried very hard to keep the trashtalking off of official forums.  If trashtalking is such a necessity people can make fanforums and if it is so important people will gravitate there, if people feel no need to gravitate there then it must not be as important as some perceive.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

You don't need forumbaning for good in-game rivalries, those rivalries can happen in-game.  People juxtapose their own nostalgic experiences onto what the actual trends are. 

If you look at all of the most competitive games (esports) they've actually tried very hard to keep the trashtalking off of official forums.  If trashtalking is such a necessity people can make fanforums and if it is so important people will gravitate there, if people feel no need to gravitate there then it must not be as important as some perceive.

Kinda of hard to make In-Game rivalries when the servers are only up once a week and the chat is broken 90% of the time.

Grief-super-small.png

https://twitch.TV/Badatron  

https://www.GriefGaming.pro

Kinda of hard to make In-Game rivalries when the servers are only up once a week and the chat is broken 90% of the time.

That's a solid point but I think VikingNail hit the nail on the head with his post, if the officials don't allow it and the community wants it then a fan site will fill the void.

Hg0LXwa.png

Also, if you were hoping to stir-up-rivalries on this forum... good luck. Do it in game forum warrior ;)

Clearly not a Shadowbane player.

Not an insult Scree, but we just don't think that way. Some of the best wars started on the forums.

People juxtapose their own nostalgic experiences onto what the actual trends are. 

Not sure that word means what you think it means.

But just in case the meaning of "juxtapose" has changed recently, so far my experiences are entirely consistent with the "actual trends." As opposed to being contradictory or juxtaposed to the "actual trends" or consistent with those "other trends."

Who knows. Maybe we don't really want a political forum. Perhaps we're all waxing nostalgic.

Na. Political forums would be fun. I do, however, understand the reasons they aren't available yet.