Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

specialty seals

elvo

heyho, i used the "search" function and searched in the "crowfall wiki" but it gave me no results i could work with so now im asking again: what exactly are specialty seals and where can i get them?

right now im trying to craft a "one handed book" and to create the book clasp (as well as other parts) i need a "specialty seal"

(i would have loved to ask other testers ingame but the chat servers are broken 24/7)

any kind of help is much appreciated, cheers

6XZoThV.jpg

As far as i remember, you usually don't need the specialty seals, they are optional. But i may remember wrong.

Like buckly said, you will find them in the runemaking section. Depending on the used ingredients, you will get different seals with different harvesting or crafting related stats (like a mining seal, crafting seal, necromancy seal, woodworking seal,...).

The small testing ( more playing around) with seals, to me seems seals increase the durability as well as apply some minor stats. The durability of the item seems to be the biggest part of it. After using a seal my durability went from 50 to 100.. then 109 with experiment phase.

Edited by Ahhchoo

• 4 months later...
22 hours ago, Rhyox said:

Where do I use the crafing seals?

Great topic btw.

There will be a slot in the recipes where you can put them, on any item that can have them

Achoo, the specialty seals change over stats from combat to tradeskills. They do not work with alloys. (stuff like Iron/copper/copper) You want to use the same three things with a seal slotted.

Like Iron iron iron in a bar with no seal adds Attack power. But the same thing with a crafting seal in it adds Crafting Basics Experimentation Skill.

It changes with the type of seal too. Like prospecting is different than crafting. 

Right now the numbers they add are laughably small. Like rounding error small. 

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 6:48 AM, Fraaqman said:

Thanks for the info!  

Except that it is wrong for some combos :-), "Many Bothans died to bring us this..."   and yet they ultimately made a fatal mistake!   Granite and tin make a Prospecting Seal!   Now that the secret is out, go smash some rocks...

freebie hint... use copper x3 with gathering seals

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

• 3 years later...
On 12/21/2016 at 8:56 AM, Ahhchoo said:

The small testing ( more playing around) with seals, to me seems seals increase the durability as well as apply some minor stats. The durability of the item seems to be the biggest part of it. After using a seal my durability went from 50 to 100.. then 109 with experiment phase.

how do i put seals on my gear?

2 hours ago, FancyPanda said:

how do i put seals on my gear?

Seals are crafted by Runemakers. They are added by armorsmiths and leatherworkers when making armor, but you need the blue belt, IIRC, to unlock the slot for the seal. 

http://winterblades.net/crafting-combinations/

Check the Runemaking tab for a list of the seals you can make.