Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Video - Ranger - Putting the "DANGER" back into ranger! (group fights and burst damage)

Tinnis

Crowfall - Ranger - Putting the "DANGER" back into ranger! (group fight burst)

pf8OegZ.jpg

As a follow up to my previous ranger video thread - focusing on my newly acquired bow range in more casual settings...

Please observe the burst damage and utility a ranger has in group fight settings at any range they chose to engage at - both the bow and daggers.

See spoiler for a very specific six second sequence of the fight and my thoughts....

Video

Explanation and one of the reasons I enjoy the design of the ranger's power kit.

These high crits were made possible by the temporary "Hotshot" buff.

You gain this for 15 seconds when you hit three targets with your Bow #2 riochet shot.

It increases your crit BONUS damage dramatically (+150%)

In the clip this was combined with a Legio's attack power aura and Rallying cry buff - which grants +15% crit chance to group for 15 seconds after their C heal

p.s. i didnt even fully charge the first and third shots...

This is part of a larger theme of the ranger's powers - they blend together really well to reward effective mixed use based on the situation - making them highly adaptable with a lot of hidden potential

e.g. see also Melee's Spot Weakness buff alongside say Archer's stake and all the other utility on melee

There is also alot of potential synergy with other characters - such as my exploitation of CC'd targets for easy bow hits as well as physical mitigation debuffs and damage increasing powers such as the Druid's nature's avatar

also bonus little video of a few casual bow ganks ;p

video

Edited by Tinnis

God dangit Tinnis! Stop making the ranger look fun to play, you're going to make me jelly.

They are fun, can be difficult to play well though especialy if your getting focused it can be a pain since it takes away alot of your dmg output. Arrow speed and thing is a little annoying though in a fight that or i havant figured out the hit boxes and things yet for arrows :( There realy good when coupled with people who can CC so you can garantee a hit or 2 with the heavy hitting left clicks.

Also thanks OP for the tip with ricochet 3 hit effect i actually didnt relies about that.

Also on the everlasting arrow passive can i ask how long the range is increased by im in the process of learning it now but will be like 8 more days before it unlock haha :( i realy wanna see how effective the archers Accelerated arrow is in increases arrow speed :) long way to wait for that though

Veeshan Midst of UXA

They are fun, can be difficult to play well though especialy if your getting focused it can be a pain since it takes away alot of your dmg output. Arrow speed and thing is a little annoying though in a fight that or i havant figured out the hit boxes and things yet for arrows :( There realy good when coupled with people who can CC so you can garantee a hit or 2 with the heavy hitting left clicks.

Also thanks OP for the tip with ricochet 3 hit effect i actually didnt relies about that.

Also on the everlasting arrow passive can i ask how long the range is increased by im in the process of learning it now but will be like 8 more days before it unlock haha :( i realy wanna see how effective the archers Accelerated arrow is in increases arrow speed :) long way to wait for that though

Oh, I know the Ranger is fun, but my fps is terrible that I can't even reliably hit the sky with an arrow lol

I trained Lasting Arrows back in Siege Perilous and my range increased to 63m after training to 100, don't know if it has changed since then though.

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Oh, I know the Ranger is fun, but my fps is terrible that I can't even reliably hit the sky with an arrow lol

Hah, this.  Had my first large group fight with a ranger the other day and oh lord -- landing those bow shots is tough.