Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is advanced ger really better then basic gear?

Jubenei

Just a simple questin. I realized when crafting an advanced chain helmet the resistant stats (i guess its resistance) are lower then on the basic helmet. So whats the point of getting all the resources and craft advanced stuff?

They are significantly superior, yes. While mitigations on chain may be lower than the basic plate, the negative movement modifier on basic plate (and presumably plate?) makes it non-desirable in the current extremely open environment. In keep sieges that may be different, but movement is too important currently for most players to want to ever use the basic armor. Of course, that will be the initial environment when we are dropped into a CW, so this is a meaningful discussion.

I, personally, think it's poor design and will probably be changed. If nearly everyone looks at the first armor available in the game and says to themselves: "Self, I'm better off naked," then it needs a hard look.

Edited by coolwaters

Well maybe they just wanted to see if crafting works at all for the moment and there will be more detailed armor soon. In the beginning i thought you can use better stone and wood to make better basic gear as they showed in some videos but it seems it doens`t work that way. Only leather is annoying to get at the moment but i`ll try get better gear then.

Well maybe they just wanted to see if crafting works at all for the moment and there will be more detailed armor soon. In the beginning i thought you can use better stone and wood to make better basic gear as they showed in some videos but it seems it doens`t work that way. Only leather is annoying to get at the moment but i`ll try get better gear then.

just watch the last Q&A.

"dont get hung up on numbers they will most likely change" is what the devs keep saying.

Most of the numbers where likely just tugged on no brainers to make the test playable.

For now it takes 3 days to train a tier 1 skill. Later it may take only 1 day or even 5 days. They will decide that when its time and that is not now.

Nothing in this version is balanced and thats a good thing. It means they focus on implementing key systems rather than trying to balance an incomplet test module for no reason.

Balancing can only take place once all major game systems are in place and a complet game loop is ingame.

Campains (including random maps, working rule sets), EKs ( personal and guild), working import export based on campain, Base building, All the crafting and harvesting professions, 100+player in a siege without lag and 30+ fps, Crows and vessel system.

This is what i think as the "Core" of crowfall. Once these systems are online and working balancing can be done to fine tune it. After that we are ready for soft launch.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

I hope they will at launch have a set of basic armor of each type tbh, specially for ppl playing at scouts the negative movement modifier will be horrible in the beginning of CW's on the plate armor types