Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Barab

Stoneborn Earth And Fire Channeler / Elementalist

From the lore it seems Stoneborn are creations of the earth / mountains as well as wielders of fire and master of forges.  I could see it within the range of the lore for a Forgemaster>Mage>Earth-Fire Channeler/Elementalist class to exist. It would be a class based upon support/defensive earth skills along side offensive/support fire skills.

It always bothered me in Shadowbane where Dwarfs were born from the earth and made to tend the great fires yet were not masters of either element in game. 

thoughts ?

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

I hope promotion classes and/or disciplines are very open.  That is, almost any archetype can take any discipline, barring a few exceptions due to lore. That would be the way to make character builds diverse.  

I hope promotion classes and/or disciplines are very open.  That is, almost any archetype can take any discipline, barring a few exceptions due to lore. That would be the way to make character builds diverse.  

^ I hope so too.

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

If hes a caster, i wonder what that 1 int even means. Maybe disciplines change stats around to accommodate?

I think the 'creation points' shown in the screenshots can be used to buy runes or increase ability scores, so you could put your extra points into intelligence if you were planning to promote to some sort of caster class that needed it.

I took a look at stats in Shadowbane.

Looks like at the very least, their "Power/Spell" based damage will be lower than average. http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/index.php/Intelligence

They have a lot of "Spirit" which in Shadowbane translates to Mana, their spells will likely be defensive/utility based (Support role, no surprise here) since low intelligence severely limits damage based spells.

Even if they used runes to get more intelligence, it is probably not desirable to boost an already pathetic stat.  I severely doubt these guys will be feared for their magical damage.

Stonemen Forgemasters will likely have defensive/utility mage based promotion classes.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

If hes a caster, i wonder what that 1 int even means. Maybe disciplines change stats around to accommodate?

They probably would be doing to much damage. Would probably work around shielding etc.

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

I took a look at stats in Shadowbane.

Looks like at the very least, their "Power/Spell" based damage will be lower than average. http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/index.php/Intelligence

They have a lot of "Spirit" which in Shadowbane translates to Mana, their spells will likely be defensive/utility based (Support role, no surprise here) since low intelligence severely limits damage based spells.

Even if they used runes to get more intelligence, it is probably not desirable to boost an already pathetic stat.  I severely doubt these guys will be feared for their magical damage.

Stonemen Forgemasters will likely have defensive/utility mage based promotion classes.

In the SB system, you could actually create incredibly unique character builds by boosting pathetic (no joke, they used that word to describe certain stat levels in game) starting stats.  There were very successful dwarf casters, the real problem was the lack of damage diversity, which is what Barab is getting at.  In SB dwarves essentially only had melee and holy damage, so building anti-dwarf groups was relatively easier than anti-builds for guilds that played all elves and much easier than all race, all class guilds.  

I would love to see more freedom in choices of promotion class and discipline runes.  I don't see any particular reason to completely bar an archetype from any promotion class.  There could just be promotion classes that are more or less viable depending on archetype, starting choices, discs, etc.  I'm a big fan of every race being able to fill every role (as defined by ACE), but fulfilling the role in different ways.  Dwarves are burly tanks, elves are dexterous, etc. (these are major over-simplifications, but hopefully underscore my point).

Edited by mctan

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

I think it's not a ranged class. I feel like it's pure tank with earth skills for def and fire skills for self/group buff. like damage add or damage over time to keep aggro and such.

He holds a huge hammer in each picture I saw so far.

Maybe he uses this hammer, so with strenght and not intellect, to slam earth  (Gaea), to cast spells.

And instead of fire, I would say he brings out lava from deep earth.

The more he has strength, the more he can strike earth with his hammer. And summon elemental forces, bringing up lava and creating earthquakes.

This way he doesn't need to be a melee class, and could summon those elemental forces further ahead. Unless he really wants to slam faces :lol:

Regarding the support side of this archetype, he could (edit : ask to Gaea) use earth energy to help him with nature : trees, plants, roots...

Edited by shmilbick

He holds a huge hammer in each picture I saw so far.

Maybe he uses this hammer, so with strenght and not intellect, to slam earth, Gaea, to cast spells.

And instead of fire, I would say he brings out lava from deep earth.

The more he has strength, the more he can strike earth with his hammer. And summon elemental forces, bringing up lava and creating earthquakes.

This way he doesn't need to be a melee class, and could summon those elemental forces further ahead. Unless he really wants to slam faces :lol:

Regarding the support side of this archetype, he could ask to Gaea to help him with nature : trees, plants, roots...

Sorry to inform you, Gaea is dead.  You can learn more about this in the Forgemaster narrative.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

Ah yes, that's right, my bad :unsure: I edited ^^

That doesn't change that the strength could be used to hold the huge hammer and use earth forces :)

Edited by shmilbick

I think this will be melee support role! Some CC some single target and chants or buffs like stoneskin, but focus on melee. I like roles with characters but I hope they don't make redundant classes you know that one that people really don't want to play because it somewhat lacks in a party.

Edited by trugamer

-Truthe Yashikawa

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild.  Welcome Home.

http://crowfall.shivtr.com/

I noticed the new image with Forgemaster lookin like a dwarf and holding a stone and fireball thingamajig, maybe they can enchant their weapons to slow/stun enemies or do extra damage with fire.

That isn't a Forgemaster, that is Valkyn.