Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fantastikon

New Player Guide

So it seams like they have taken out spirit banks tab for now, is there anyway to transfer your items to your EK? is it even worth doing that since things get wiped regularly? 

On 5/6/2017 at 7:50 PM, Rhyox said:

Awesome thanks! 

do you know of a way to see your death point? the few times that I died it's hard to find where that was is that intentional?

You shouldn't need to find your corpse. After you die you just hit F at the big statue to summon your corpse back to you.

On 20/05/2017 at 4:22 PM, Rhyox said:

Other than Potions what else is there?

When your character is bad in harvest, there is passive harvesting power that you can equip to reach 3 if you are below, it's very useful to pick up the premiums resources.

In fact it's indispensable

Edited by Sandoval
Addition

A note for anyone reading this well written new player guide and not even getting past the first sentence in what-to-do-first because you are punching trees and getting nothing: as of build 5.2.10 you have to hit the Z key to swap between combat mode and craft mode. For example, say you are logging in for the first time and trying things out. You hit the left mouse button a few times, the right mouse button a few times, and you the space bar a few times to get a feel for the interface. Then you walk up to a tree to harvest, and you get nothing. Unlike games such as Dark and Light, you can't harvest (gather) anything in Crowfall unless you are in craft mode. If you hit the left mouse button at all, you will be placed into combat mode by default, and you will stand there punching trees forever without getting so much as a splinter. You also won't get any wood. This perplexed me for a good 20 minutes before I went googling and found this article. Unfortunately, this article applies to a much earlier release, which likely didn't have the Z key toggle between craft mode and combat mode. I hope this note saves someone the frustration I experienced. 

Edited by Sullen

" Find an ore node, preferably copper or iron, because those are the lowest level ores, and easiest to harvest with basic tools. Harvest until you have two or more, and then make a Plentiful Harvest potion."

If someone could update this part, I'd be grateful.  I don't think you can make Plentiful Harvest with two ores anymore.  I think you need a vial or some such, and apparently you need "good" stone to make a vial, etc.  It seems like a big grind to me now, just to get to the point where I can harvest at a decent rate.  But maybe I'm making it harder than it has to be.

"and a couple of the Kickstarter packages were just crazy good"

oj57UME.gif

Note: Eye candy presented with thanks to the Crow(s) who granted permission for me to include their badge(s) in this tasty exhibit.