Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3.8 Duelist PVP Gameplay

blazzen

Good look out there. I recognize that many of the CCs are dizzy-downs, but it's really quite disheartening to see people locked for so long. Gives me awful flashbacks to AA, a game with essentially no skill beyond getting the first CC.

Edited by mctan

Good look out there. I recognize that many of the CCs are dizzy-downs, but it's really quite disheartening to see people locked for so long. Gives me awful flashbacks to AA, a game with essentially no skill beyond getting the first CC.

It's mostly people too dumb to press "C" when they get jumped. That is the best way to counteract that duelist opener. Although I'm usually able to reset the fight and try again. In fact that 1v1 against the legionnaire was take 2 because I botched the first take but got away and followed him until I had another opportunity. Duelist pretty weak if they don't get the drop on people and aren't great in group fights. Fun to roam solo with though.

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

It's mostly people too dumb to press "C" when they get jumped. That is the best way to counteract that duelist opener. Although I'm usually able to reset the fight and try again. In fact that 1v1 against the legionnaire was take 2 because I botched the first take but got away and followed him until I had another opportunity. Duelist pretty weak if they don't get the drop on people and aren't great in group fights. Fun to roam solo with though.

Yeah, it wasn't so much a comment on your style, just more that your video was a prime example of how reliant DPS is on CC (edit: hopefully some of that reliance will be mitigated by server optimization). I do think your assessment of duelists is accurate, though.

Edited by mctan

One thing we haven't seen yet is a duelist in a siege with pass wall. I think the people I'm popping harvesting nodes are a good example of what Duelists will be able to do to people firing siege weapons from the walls of a keep.

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild