Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 Cooldown Timer

ClockworkOrange

Should one of the tankiest ATs in the game be the most mobile? Or perhaps should that be reserved for the squishiest ATs?

Edit: although I agree Knight needs love. I just think that love should come in other areas

Edited by coolwaters

The cooldown was originally 15 seconds. The change to 6 seconds was just for internal testing and was never intended to be pushed live, so they reverted it. Though the ability itself is still broken as the charge doesn't stop upon releasing the button.

Should one of the tankiest ATs in the game be the most mobile? Or perhaps should that be reserved for the squishiest ATs?

Edit: although I agree Knight needs love. I just think that love should come in other areas

While I do think they should be one of if not the slowest (cant say for certain which should be absolutely slowest until all AT's are out), I do think he is a bit too slow, having a group travel with a knight or without, they be many times faster traveling with one, and well they already feel slow on the maps we have now (heck even on HD/SP they felt slow) and even our current BW maps are tiny compared to what the real CW's gonna be

I'd like the knight to play completely different from the myrmidon, right now their playstyle patterns are very similar.

The knight should be more about pulling individuals out, isolating them, and guaranteeing their team a kill. 

The myrmidon should be pretty much what he is now; charge in and cause a ruckus.

I'd also like to see the knight take more of a support role with granting his groupmates barriers and other damage mitigation (or perhaps even health regenerative) abilities.

I'd also like to see less reliance on block (a VERY boring necessity atm).

I don't want to make this about MVP again, but it definitely $hits on the play style options for certain archetypes.

Edited by helix

I'd like the knight to play completely different from the myrmidon, right now their playstyle patterns are very similar.

The knight should be more about pulling individuals out, isolating them, and guaranteeing their team a kill. 

The myrmidon should be pretty much what he is now; charge in and cause a ruckus.

I'd also like to see the knight take more of a support role with granting his groupmates barriers and other damage mitigation (or perhaps even health regenerative) abilities.

I'd also like to see less reliance on block (a VERY boring necessity atm).

I don't want to make this about MVP again, but it definitely $hits on the play style options for certain archetypes.

When I'm in a group fight, I often find myself peeling for team mates who are under heavy focus fire. Someone shouts that they need help, and I charge in to try and pull, stun and knockdown the pursuing enemies. If I do my job right, I can force them to go defensive instead of continue training my friend.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

knights mobility is rekt, and now with plate armor movement AND stam reduction, yeah right. Enjoy being the fat kid as a knight.

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

knights mobility is rekt, and now with plate armor movement AND stam reduction, yeah right. Enjoy being the fat kid as a knight.

It really is noticeable. I made a second Knight with leather armor, just so I could chase people down. The two armors have their place, however. Plate will be great for "take and hold" scenarios, whereas leather lends itself to very mobile warfare. Also, try to remember that mounts will be in at launch, meaning a plate wearing Knight may just be better off summoning his horse.

I do think the current charge CD is a bit long...but that's looking at the long term. There are druids/fessors in my guild that are training stam increase for 3 dashes. After an AT has 3 mobility moves, it kind of makes it hard to knights to lock-down targets...just because you have chain pull for 1 escape, charge for another, but then you're stuck at caterpillar pace after that. At the moment maybe it's alright, but perhaps later down the training tree or promotion classes can reduce the charge CD?

I haven't played much knight tho, and just am looking at it from an outside perspective. I know you're a really solid knight Soulein, what do you think? I don't believe they should reduce the CD just for out of combat mobility, but I can see the CD being too long in a fight/skirmish scenario

I do think the current charge CD is a bit long...but that's looking at the long term. There are druids/fessors in my guild that are training stam increase for 3 dashes. After an AT has 3 mobility moves, it kind of makes it hard to knights to lock-down targets...just because you have chain pull for 1 escape, charge for another, but then you're stuck at caterpillar pace after that. At the moment maybe it's alright, but perhaps later down the training tree or promotion classes can reduce the charge CD?

I haven't played much knight tho, and just am looking at it from an outside perspective. I know you're a really solid knight Soulein, what do you think? I don't believe they should reduce the CD just for out of combat mobility, but I can see the CD being too long in a fight/skirmish scenario

I'll say this. The 5 second timer on the charge made the Knight EXTREMELY mobile...to where I could chase down Confessors or Druids with almost no problem. There was even a way to use your block to interrupt the shield bash animation at the end of the charge, voiding the mana cost for the whole ability. I don't think they ever intended the Knight to be that mobile, but it sure was nice while it lasted.

Wearing 4 pieces of leather armor is supposed to give you a few seconds of increased movement speed after using it, but I don't think it's working. I'd also like to know why we can't steer during the charge any longer.

I'd also like to know why we can't steer during the charge any longer.

Pursuit is currently broken. It won't stop when you release the button, only when you reach the max distance. I'd imagine the steering is probably part of the bug.