Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jjohnsin

Most anticipated abilities?

Since this AT forums are so slow I wanted to start a thread and ask what your most anticipated abilities are for assassin/what abilities you wish it to have?

Personally I would like to see damage attached to her RMB dash. Something like while running just dashes to your target (not necessarily a shadowstep, but a dash) and while holding it does damage and slows or something like that.

I'd also like to see a few displacement skills, similar to the Mesmer from GW2. Which might be possible seeing as they have so many points in intellect.

But hey, discuss! Let's get assassin's more discussion, cause this forum is depressingly slow.

I'm curious to see how Assassin stealth will differ from Duelist stealth. Obviously the Assassin won't burrow. Will it be more stealthy? Or comparable?

And of course, everyone wonders what the Assassin will be able to do with those wings.

IhhQKY6.gif

I'm curious to see how Assassin stealth will differ from Duelist stealth. Obviously the Assassin won't burrow. Will it be more stealthy? Or comparable?

And of course, everyone wonders what the Assassin will be able to do with those wings.

I'm curious as well, I don't really know what else they can do, besides different status affect openers? Like...the duelist can knockdown out of burrow, maybe the assassin will be able to dizzy or stun on their openers. Or maybe they will have more mobility while in stealth, whereas the duelist only has tunnel. Idk, lots of options I suppose. And the wings have me pretty hyped, I've just day dreamed about a lot of cool options for them, from evasion to modifying what skills do whether you're in glide or not. 

If I ever take up this archetype, it will be for a burst damage against a single target. And then, I will take a loot and dance in the shadows around this poor harvester's guard. And later, I will dance Capoeira against them too.

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

i just want to play frostweaver already

demon hunter intensifies

Frostweaver was the AT I was most hyped for when I actually backed the game, but idk...unless they do a really good job of it, I'm afraid it will just turn out to be another "cold character" with the same abilities as every other frost based character in MMO's (which I know some people love, I'm just not one of them).

If I ever take up this archetype, it will be for a burst damage against a single target. And then, I will take a loot and dance in the shadows around this poor harvester's guard. And later, I will dance Capoeira against them too.

I imagine assassin will be a burst character as the name and previous games have suggested. I just hope they do a new take on it, and put a high enough skill ceiling that it will keep me entertained and not just me a one-shot gimmick class. That said, one-shot gimmick classes are a lot of fun cause /dance on corpses

The devs could break the mold and have them in a different direction than how you normally think an assassins plays (stealth + lots of melee burst damage).  I think a class with a lot of CC and dots would be interesting.  slow and snare your opponent while bleeding and poisoning them to death.  you can't kill quickly but you can slowly take a target down while preventing them from escaping.

1. Quiet stealth with no "mud hat".

Gliding whenever the Ass assin's feet leave the ground, with the ability to climb or at least maintain altitude by using stamina.

Strong DPS 1v1 attacks, but no AoE DPS attacks.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Idk but they need a hammer skill that has aoe stun so i can yell HAMMASTUN as loud as i can into the mic. Also in general more aoe abilities to zergbust with.

Edited by krevra

krevra.png

The devs could break the mold and have them in a different direction than how you normally think an assassins plays (stealth + lots of melee burst damage).  I think a class with a lot of CC and dots would be interesting.  slow and snare your opponent while bleeding and poisoning them to death.  you can't kill quickly but you can slowly take a target down while preventing them from escaping.

I feel like the Stalker has been set up to use that play style nicely.

I would expect the assassin to fill the normal assassin role. Using stealth to get close, deal a lot of damage to a single player, then to get out of there. It would be great if the getting out of there part came the wings, with something like the Ranger's disengage move but maybe a bit more extreme.

It'd be great if one of the branching paths of this archetypes could be pumping out a lot of debuffs then quickly retreating so your teammates have a immediate advantage going into battle.

Edited by Greendt416

I want to see a shadowmantle skill for the assassin, so they are the ultimate anti-healer.  Also group play is important for all ATs, and it would be nice to see a group passwall type skill that allows the assassin and a small group of players able to enter into a keep during a siege, unless the defenders are actively scouting.

Hopefully we see a true invis like we had in SB, and then get some type of backstab skills out of sneak/invis.

I think the thing that should make the assassin unique is not a remake of their skills, but rather that they become the single AT that can get anywhere, through gliding (SB had flying but it was stated there would be no flight in CF, only gliding) and passwall.

lUvvzPy.png

I want to see a shadowmantle skill for the assassin, so they are the ultimate anti-healer.  Also group play is important for all ATs, and it would be nice to see a group passwall type skill that allows the assassin and a small group of players able to enter into a keep during a siege, unless the defenders are actively scouting.

Hopefully we see a true invis like we had in SB, and then get some type of backstab skills out of sneak/invis.

I think the thing that should make the assassin unique is not a remake of their skills, but rather that they become the single AT that can get anywhere, through gliding (SB had flying but it was stated there would be no flight in CF, only gliding) and passwall.

Definitely some cool ideas. I like the idea of a passwall ability, would definitely give sieges another aspect to be aware of and be able to defend against. 

I'm torn whether I want assassin to be a sort of passive poisoner type assassin or the usual high-DPS dagger to the throat assassin we see in a lot of games. Either way I hope they have a lot more synergy between their skills than other AT's at present. 

The number one thing I'm hoping for is glide to affect abilities in different ways. I.E. while on the ground you dash at an enemy and snare em, but while gliding you dive an enemy and stun em. Something like that

aoe stun, needed for zergbust. Also in general more protection type skills and support other than healing.

Edited by krevra

krevra.png

I would like to see some kind of long vertical jump that would allow assassins to jump on/over walls. To make use of those wings. During sieges, duelists go under the walls, assassins go over it ^^

Definitely needs anti healing debuffs. 

I also agree mesmer from GW2 was an amazing class, displacement and self cloning abilities would be fun. 

The assassin should have some sort of "treehugging"-skill, where she/he can climb trees and glide down on the prey ... Keep the forests protected, I say.

Edited by StefKalisch