Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leroy_D

Sub-forums for related MMO's

I know that these are the off topic games, but I believe within this thread we should have sub-forums for 2 games in particular so that all discussion on those games can take place in those sub-threads of the other games thread. Those two games in question are Star-Citizen and Camelot Unchained. These two particular games may be crowfall's main release "buddies" Specifically Crowfall and Camelot Unchained will probably end up being semi-competitors.

I expect working betas and alphas of both Camelot and Crowfall to fall within the same time frame and to compete for player base. Of course personally I will pick Crowfall over Camelot, but I'd still like to try that game out. Star Citizen has a different atmosphere than these two games, but it's a project that I wont hold my breath on. While I say Star-citizen may be a release buddy in actuality I don't see a near completed version of Star citizen until December 2017. 

Crowfall, Camelot, and Star Citizen are probably the next big three MMO's to come much like the Guild War, WoW, and Final Fantasy 11 trio.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick."

Theodore Roosevelt 26th President of the United States of America

I know that it's interesting I always suspected crowfall had some inspiration from game of thrones knights watch. Camelot unchained comes from the fact the main guy was a developer of dark age if Camelot and the like.

Well my main reasoning is that I suspect a lot of people who are interested in crowfall will most likely also be active within the star citizen and Camelot unchained communities. I want to easilly be able to find and talk with these people about said games. An important part of it is that I want it to be with individuals whose focus is crowfall. Going to the other forums means I'd have to buy into the games, and will find people who aren't interested in crow fall at all.

How many different threads do you think will get started based on those two games.

Edited by Leroy_D

Star Citizen wont have a release by far in the end of 2017.

At the end of 2017 the Beta of Star Citizen will begin at best.

A state where the servers dont get wipped anymore, would be earliest happening at the end of 2018.

Star Citizen is the only interesting game happening the next years.

A subforum for such games would be definetly needed.

Star Citizen and Crowfall will release somewhere around the same time.

Crowfall isnt showing much progress despite not being too ambitous and having a very good funding.

Star Citizen is showing good progress and got the highest ambitions, and low funding for what they wanna achieve.

Camelot Unchained will come out much earlier than the other 2.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

SB and SWG are Crowfall's heritage, while SC and CU are their competition. It makes a lot more sense to recognize and honor the former than it does to promote the latter.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Crowfall isnt really (in) any competition for or with Star Citizen.

Their profiles, settings, genres, concepts and ambition are much different.

Thats like comparing apples with bananas, but even if they are, Crowfall wouldnt be any competition for Star Citizen.

This would be like a lemonade stand being in competition with coca cola. A bit off maybe, but you get the idea.

Edited by Urahara

Crowfall isnt really (in) any competition for or with Star Citizen.

Their profiles, settings, genres, concepts and ambition are much different.

Thats like comparing apples with bananas, but even if they are, Crowfall wouldnt be any competition for Star Citizen.

This would be like a lemonade stand being in competition with coca cola. A bit off maybe, but you get the idea.

Well Kisuke I wouldn't necessarily say Lemonade stand to Coke...but uh maybe a Lemonade stand to a pharmacy? 10mil to 100mil is only 90 more XD And of course the graphics and physics and engines involved in SC are going to take many more moons and pizza dough to perfect. I'd speak more about it but this is basically a thread trying to convince forum mods to create sub-forums XD

Well Kisuke I wouldn't necessarily say Lemonade stand to Coke...but uh maybe a Lemonade stand to a pharmacy? 10mil to 100mil is only 90 more XD And of course the graphics and physics and engines involved in SC are going to take many more moons and pizza dough to perfect. I'd speak more about it but this is basically a thread trying to convince forum mods to create sub-forums XD

Yes, Star Citizen is on a whole other level than Crowfall, in any dimension. The graphics, physics and engine are nothing less than the most advanced technologies used in game development today. At Star Citizen they got to create all this high technolgy by theirselves, because its just not available, because it hasnt been done before; because all other game companies think they dont have to invest the money they are making with games in new game technology, because they think they can sell people the same old crappy games over and over again for decades, because they think gamers are dump and if you hype the hell out of a game through marketing, you will always be able to turn a nice big profit in.

People now finally start to get enough of the bad quality of the games and the bad business practices by the game developers/companys, so that the gaming industry finally begins to be falling apart; and you couldnt have wished for something better happening for the gaming industry, because its really good for the games and people who love games, such an ignorant and arrogant, selfish industry just had to fall apart. Its better for everyone. They are making games, games are supposed to make fun, their products or engaging with these people really isnt fun or funny. So please go away and dont ever come back. Gaming was so much better back in the golden days of gaming, nowdays the gaming industry is just terrible, its so good to hear the news that all new games are flops and gamers are disgusted by the people in the gaming industry by now, thats the best thing that could have happened, and it was clear that it would happen and also necesessary.

On a side note, Crowfall didnt raise 10 million in crowdfunding, its 3 million. While Star Citizen raised 140 million. So its 3 to 140 million.