Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Let da new wars begin!

Abused

Hi guys, it's great to finally join a real game after so many years waiting. Been so long since i played shadowbane for the last time, i'm eager to see old friends/foes reunited again in Crowfall. A little story about me, i used to play under nicknames like Panzer Dwarf or Shoonette back on Death Server alongside with Lords of Death (belonged to a subguild called Facultas Ultrimque). It feels like yesterday, remembering the start in Silent Tribe as a noob, only to end up conquering their main city (Colossa) a year and a half after under Lod's guidance/command. Even today, i vividly recall their end, Sinbad's (Silent tribe's leader) naked body standing near his TOL,completely in shock while we asked for his leftover buildings.

Anyways, those 2-3 years when we fought guilds like Free Corps, Lokri, even Scorned Death and Covenant of Swords afterwards, were the best moments in my online gaming experience. So many great memories come to mind, i could write a book.

If Crowfall turns out to be SB's second enhanced version, other old player-friends are guaranteed to join the fun.

So, here i am, ready to fight again, hopefully soon!

Edited by Abused

Everquest: Eltab - 56 Dark Elf Defiler , Akeron 57 Iksar Shadow Knight (Rallos Zek Server) Shadowbane: Panzer Dwarf - Throwing Dagger Dwarf, Shoonette - Elf Channeler (Death Server)

Welcome!  

Crowfall's combat is much different than SB; no tab-targeting, character model collision detection and other aspects that make it a far cry from SB's "stand on top of each other and call targets" way of combat.

There are echos of SB; throne war, POI, sieging your enemy's castle, the political meta-game, among other things. 

Hopefully you find what you're looking for in CF! 

Hey, thanks for replying! The mechanics you're talking about are issues Shadowbane's team never had the time to address/polish. Players can easily get used to new targetting systems. In fact, stacking up and the lack of PC collision were unnatural things that happened in SB that nobody would like to see again (system flaws players used to their advantage in a way; but we still played with them). Imho, seasoned players are looking for a good political system, city sieging as you mentioned, combination of pve and pvp altogether and the fear of other players coming to get you :D

Being a former Everquest player (Rallos Zek), i love political driven servers where players assume risks and consequences for their in-game actions, instead of what the industry has been heading towards (every reward handed to you by just logging in).

Also, the fact of not having instanced zones is just adding to the notion of creating a REAL community, unlike the current "modern" wow-alike games, where it looks like you're in a single player game with no meaningful interaction.

We'll see how it turns out. For now, i'm willing to try since the videos i've seen are encouraging.

Edited by Abused

Everquest: Eltab - 56 Dark Elf Defiler , Akeron 57 Iksar Shadow Knight (Rallos Zek Server) Shadowbane: Panzer Dwarf - Throwing Dagger Dwarf, Shoonette - Elf Channeler (Death Server)

Hey, thanks for replying! The mechanics you're talking about are issues Shadowbane's team never had the time to address/polish. Players can easily get used to new targetting systems. In fact, stacking up and the lack of PC collision were unnatural things that happened in SB that nobody would like to see again (system flaws players used to their advantage in a way; but we still played with them). Imho, seasoned players are looking for a good political system, city sieging as you mentioned, combination of pve and pvp altogether and the fear of other players coming to get you :D

Being a former Everquest player (Rallos Zek), i love political driven servers where players assume risks and consequences for their in-game actions, instead of what the industry has been heading towards (every reward handed to you by just logging in).

We'll see how it turns out. For now, i'm willing to try since the videos i've seen are encouraging.

Agreed and welcome to CF!

Thanks! It's really great to be here. My only hope is people like Sevok (gold duping) never ever come back to ruin servers for the rest of us!!

Wow, Mithril Warhammers. I do remember you guys, that's just awesome! =)

Edited by Abused