Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fabiodanyalgil

bots players

Tyrant has zero patience for botting or any kind of cheating.

Also, botting in an open world PvP game is a good way to get your bots farmed.

They haven't discussed specific measures but I'm confident this will not be a problem.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

They haven't discussed specific measures but I'm confident this will not be a problem.

Best way against bots.

DONT BUY FROM THE RMT SITES!

xD

Second best, auto afk test.

Each 3 hours you get a test, if you fail 3 misn logout.

If you fail twice ... 1 hour. Trice 2hours.

And then the devs can notice it.

WORST is to fight bots with things that make botting less usefull.

No Trade between Players.

Soulbound drops.

Etc.

...guess how many games kille dthemself in the name of bot warfare.

In old ragnarok online. People would report bots or even bother them via some intelligent ways.

I found it amusing to have 3~5 bots sticking to my alchemist pet.

We often spawned monsters and killed them that way. Or got them directly transfered to the prison via gm.

Haha.. once we filled the prison up so much, the server lagged from it ... then the gm called it stupid. And instant banned every botter account.

After asking thrice, if anyone is there... in 3 different languages.

Best day ever... he told us to stop looking for bots so much xD.

And spawned some MidBossmonsters as a small scale invasion invent for newbies in payon dungeon.

I'd imagine that the devs aren't going to talk about their methods for eliminating bots. When in a fight, it's never a good idea to give the enemy your battle plans. That said, I don't think this game will lend itself well to using bots or to secondary market transactions. 

This is also way more than a "farm" game.  

To get your mats out to EK, you have to win. To win you have to beat players, not just farm AI. To get the best mats you have to win in a very harsh environment against the best players.

There is constant competition for ALL resources at POI's. Bots will be easy to spot, and targets for every faction, simply because they are stealing your potential, rather than just off somewhere gold farming.

If a bot group gets large enough, you better believe servers will lay siege to everything they own in an effort to break them and take what they have collected.

Bot groups could actually be a fun source of resources.

Yeah this is not the type of game where you can successfully bot. I remember in WoW youd come across these bots farming a spot, taking all the respawns to get items etc. And be helpless about it, you couldnt stop them, just report and hope a GM sorts it sooner or later.

In this game you could murder them, taking everything they had collected, and how is the bot going to know how to respawn, run back, and start farming again?

Archetypes I am Interested in: Templar, Legionnaire, Myrmidon, Confessor.
Also, Looking for a Guild, preferably Oceanic but also US West works best for me. (Misery)

Really don't think bots will be an issue for two huge reasons:

As stated above in other posts, CF is designed in a way that doesn't reward bots. Even if they botted up resources you would have to pair bots with a large guild to succesfully extract the resources from the campaign. This isn't typical bot mentality.

I doubt there is much draw from the asian community. Bots are a huge issue in asian games and AAA titles. CF is neither and I doubt we will see much bots due to this.

Free PvE development for ACE?

Bots as content.  Giant loot bags hauled off like honeypot ants by the victors.

That would be a wonderful turn around from them being game wrecking parasites.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

I'd love to get in on this fantasy world where bots don't exist and the people that make them are dumbasses but, I live in reality. Also don't forget that people make bots to do more than just farm mobs for gold or xp. I'm not sure I can even think of a game that didn't have bots. The only difference is it's not a big issue in some games. As others have said, the only way to really combat them is to design a game where it's not worth their time to make and sell them en masse.

Edited by Leiloni

I'd love to get in on this fantasy world where bots don't exist and the people that make them are dumbasses but, I live in reality. Also don't forget that people make bots to do more than just farm mobs for gold or xp. I'm not sure I can even think of a game that didn't have bots. The only difference is it's not a big issue in some games. As others have said, the only way to really combat them is to design a game where it's not worth their time to make and sell them en masse.

Botting wont be profitable in this game unless they make core changes to the game. First you'd have to get your bot up to a decent level in training before you could start to farm materials. If you were to get banned then it would take a considerable amount of time to get back to where you were in terms of skill training. Then there's people killing your bot for loot. Advanced bots know the map, but maps change in crowfall.

This is also way more than a "farm" game.  

To get your mats out to EK, you have to win. To win you have to beat players, not just farm AI. To get the best mats you have to win in a very harsh environment against the best players.

There is constant competition for ALL resources at POI's. Bots will be easy to spot, and targets for every faction, simply because they are stealing your potential, rather than just off somewhere gold farming.

If a bot group gets large enough, you better believe servers will lay siege to everything they own in an effort to break them and take what they have collected.

Bot groups could actually be a fun source of resources.

Nice.   :lol:

Generally speaking this is why I've always advocated a great deal of VARIANCE in resource "spawning" in CWs.  To small degree simulate a "living, breathing world" in the sense mobs and (most, but not all) resource spawns minimize or eliminate static, predictable, mappable, resource points.  So, as example, a mining node is harvested but it doesn't just respawn in say 30 seconds or even 5 minutes.  Animals (skinning I suppose) get killed, but shouldn't just respawn in the same place.

There should be a great deal of randomization for many things (e.g. Wood & Ore respawns), if not some minor simulation of animal find based on ecosystem + "herd movement" on the landscape.

Nothing feeds "Zerg Parking" or Botting for blind cyclic "Farmvilling" faster than static waypointing that can simply be mapped out and camped.

Followed by static points that make sense and designed that way:  A Mine Shaft/Cave system, or other "Point of Interest" spot that's intended as a locus for PvP / Defense because there is/are one or more Resource being collected from that point.  Those planned entities are places where it does make sense for a "larger" force to maintain parked defense.

And yeah, what you and Tark and LordBinz said.  heh-heh.

Edited by Bramble

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

Nice.   :lol:

Generally speaking this is why I've always advocated a great deal of VARIANCE in resource "spawning" in CWs.  To small degree simulate a "living, breathing world" in the sense mobs and (most, but not all) resource spawns minimize or eliminate static, predictable, mappable, resource points.  So, as example, a mining node is harvested but it doesn't just respawn in say 30 seconds or even 5 minutes.  Animals (skinning I suppose) get killed, but shouldn't just respawn in the same place.

There should be a great deal of randomization for many things (e.g. Wood & Ore respawns), if not some minor simulation of animal find based on ecosystem + "herd movement" on the landscape.

Nothing feeds "Zerg Parking" or Botting for blind cyclic "Farmvilling" faster than static waypointing that can simply be mapped out and camped.

Followed by static points that make sense and designed that way:  A Mine Shaft/Cave system, or other "Point of Interest" spot that's intended as a locus for PvP / Defense because there is/are one or more Resource being collected from that point.  Those planned entities are places where it does make sense for a "larger" force to maintain parked defense.

And yeah, what you and Tark and KrakenSmacken said.  heh-heh.

Actually there is one more thing that may shut them down, player control of towns/factions AI defenses.

Devs has said that there will be KOS lists that players can set.  So if your faction finds bots in it, simply get the governor to flag them as KOS in your "town".  Thrall guards will automatically attack them when they come back to place items in embargo.  

No access to embargo, no resources make it to the EK,

Best way against bots.

DONT BUY FROM THE RMT SITES!

xD

Second best, auto afk test.

Each 3 hours you get a test, if you fail 3 misn logout.

If you fail twice ... 1 hour. Trice 2hours.

And then the devs can notice it.

WORST is to fight bots with things that make botting less usefull.

No Trade between Players.

Soulbound drops.

Etc.

...guess how many games kille dthemself in the name of bot warfare.

In old ragnarok online. People would report bots or even bother them via some intelligent ways.

I found it amusing to have 3~5 bots sticking to my alchemist pet.

We often spawned monsters and killed them that way. Or got them directly transfered to the prison via gm.

Haha.. once we filled the prison up so much, the server lagged from it ... then the gm called it stupid. And instant banned every botter account.

After asking thrice, if anyone is there... in 3 different languages.

Best day ever... he told us to stop looking for bots so much xD.

And spawned some MidBossmonsters as a small scale invasion invent for newbies in payon dungeon.

This isn't entirely true.  I would rather say something like:

The BEST way to deal with bots is implement systems that allow legitimate PLAYERS to protect themselves from Gold Sellers/deal with Bots themselves.  Give them as much authority and power to deal with it as is possible or practical.   This keeps legitimate players happy and feeling empowered, and minimizes overhead and babysitting by the dev house where it's not necessary.  That's a big-assed win-win for the dev house and legit players who really represent "The Team", while Botters/Gold Sellers are NOT part of The Team.

• As others have pointed out, the general structure of Crowfall automatically supports this paradigm (in regards to "botting" and dynamics on a CW map).  See Tark, KrackenSmacken, and LordBinz's posts.  Further examples of the philosophy:
  • Implement systems where we have control of our Mailboxes (e.g. not uncontrollably open).  For instance:  FFXIV only allows in-game e-mail to/from people on Friends lists.  is it "inconvenient"?  Sure, but not fatally so, you easily get used to it and you NEVER get spam-mail.  Ever.  POINT:  I as a player am in control.  I have to make a little effort (Friending new e-mail peeps I qualify), but I love the FREEDOM of controlling my mechanic.  You could build on this principle in CF to be more flexible.
  • (As example) - Implement systems where players CAN Block Trades . . . if they so choose.  This eliminates dip-poorly made sockss, regardless of reason, from spamming Trade Request dialogs over and over in your face while you are trying to conduct business with someone or something else.  They do it a couple of times . . . the game should empower my ability to FILTER that conduct off my ass:  Block that player, or better yet default to Trade Block (globally) to avoid recycled alt harrassment, and I have to intentionally toggle Trade Ability ON to accept Trade requests from my qualified partner.

The point here is, as an illustration of technique, that BLOCKING OF TRADE between players might be a great idea, so long as it's within context and within a player's control.

The WORST way to deal with Gold Sellers/Bots is to leave players powerless while a Dev House attempts to band-aid mechanics in, one after another, because the band-aids might be easily side-stepped.

• Under this type of situation you end up with resentment by legit players because they feel helpless, no control or ability to mitigate except to "complain" (even if through an impotent (sometimes) report feature).

I don't necessarily disagree with "AFK" tests and such, except these are examples of things I've seen sidestepped + no player control over the issue.  Again note:  CWs aren't going to protect Bots very well, so ACE can implement AFK timers if they want, but my bet is all of us here are going to be way better "AFK Timer Kicks" than code.

Soulbound drops are a valid technique IMO.  When properly targetted.  

Open advertising/spam through chat, e-mail, or random Trade Request/other shenanigans are a different issue than CW combat controlled, but that's where the "in player control" examples fit for those types of things.

EDIT:  ACE, you gave me a laugh just now with the profanity filter . . . . "dip-poorly made sockss"   Ahahahahahah.   :D   My apologies Censor-Bot! ;)

/bows

Edited by Bramble

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

I'm less concerned about bots off on their own than I am with buff/heal bots/multi-boxing following around solo gankers. Detection is more complicated, and the devs' position is less clear.

This issue has been talked to death, though, with a small but vocal minority arguing that multi-boxing is just a skill like aiming, and therefore should not be punishable. Their argument also boils down to saying multi-boxing is not an advantage, since equal numbers of actual people will beat them. They generally refuse to acknowledge, though, that they multi-box not for the battles against equal numbers, but against lesser numbers - and those extra boxes help them achieve numbers advantages.

Edited by mctan

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

I hope you're right. Where did you read this?

I'm extremely concerned about key cloning, personally.