Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
benwp

Greetings from BenWP

Speaking of college jokes, here's a list of Virginia schools I remember reading in the early 90's. It's scary to admit how accurate the one about my alma mater was, though things have improved dramatically in the years since.

How many students does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Christopher Newport University students: 360, 1 to change the bulb and 359 upperclassmen to gripe about how they got screwed over by housing.

Eastern Mennonite University students: Two, one to hold the candle, and the other to strike the flint.

George Mason students: Three, if they get lucky and one of them has taken the course at NOVA.

Hampden-Sydney students: Five, one to actually change the light bulb, and four to figure out how this could get some Longwood girls to come over.

Hollins College students: None, that’s what maids are for.

James Madison students: None, Harrisonburg doesn’t have electricity yet.

Liberty University students: None, God said “let there be light” and all was good, and no one questions Falwell.

Longwood students: None, the Farmville Super Wal-Mart has fluorescent lighting.

Mary Baldwin students: Four, one to change the light bulb, and three to figure out how it will help them meet their future husband.

Mary Washington students: The whole student body, there’s nothing better to do on the weekends.

Old Dominion students : Four, two to change the bulb, and two to figure out how to get high off the old one.

Radford students: Just one, but it takes six years

Randolph-Macon students: None, they’ll just drink in the dark

Sweet Briar students: One to change the bulb, and three to call up daddy and cry and complain about how awful the whole experience was.

University of Richmond students: Two, one to mix the martinis and one to call the electrician.

UVA students: One, he just holds the bulb and lets the world revolve around him.

VCU students: None, downtown Richmond looks better in the dark.

VMI students: One Rat to actually change the bulb, one upperclassman to yell at him for not doing it fast enough, one to yell at him for not using the proper wattage, and one to send him up to the Rat Disciplinary Committee for letting the bulb burn out in the first place.

Virginia Tech students : Three, one to change the bulb, and two to discuss how they did it just as well as a UVA student.

Washington and Lee students: Four, one to change the bulb, three to write up a complaint to the board of directors stating that they could have gone to a better school if they had wanted to.

William and Mary students: Three, one to change the bulb, and two to crack under the pressure."

CF_Van.png

The biggest difference between Texas and Virginia is found in their divorce laws.  

In Texas when you get divorced you share joint custody of the cattle.

In Virginia when you get divorced you are no longer brother and sister.

But in either place you probably married a cow.

Edited by mrsilver

And btw... have I mentioned that this game can't come out soon enough!!!  Just re-watched the kickstarter video.  Once it hits your lips it's so good.

That's West Virginia. Completely different state. :)

We're more often referred to as "Western Virginia."  Trust me.  

Good to see a LOT of old and familiar faces on here!

And btw... have I mentioned that this game can't come out soon enough!!!  Just re-watched the kickstarter video.  Once it hits your lips it's so good.

osbong.gif

Edited by mourne

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

I was beginning to wonder when you'd show up!

Probably waiting to see if his only elf character choice is a blue female.

Edited by ren

rSHxVEY.gif

he keeps messing up his priorities...what is this 'family' and 'work' thing that he keeps speaking of?

I'm sure being older than dirt has something to do with it to :D

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

5 years away from that. Isn't that the age where convertibles and 20 year olds fall out of the sky?

I've got my convertible (65 Mustang) but I'd like my 20 year old plz.

Edited by BraveSirRobin

I'm sure being older than dirt has something to do with it to :D

no...that would be lil ole meh....

i'm 3 years into having my AARP card...

which tickles me to death when i get a hate tell and inform them they've been ganked by someone with an AARP card....

EDIT: oh yeah...and heyas Gradishar!!

hail Player!

Edited by doc gonzo

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...