Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
benwp

Greetings from BenWP

This is supposed to be a bloody, ravenous, free for all, gank fest of a game.  The forums are tea and crumpets.

hahaha, well said!

EDIT:  While I said that I understood what they were probably trying to do, but never said I agreed.  Cleaning up the SB forums was a custard mess of a job, so I left that to others.  I spent 99% of my time in the Test forums with the people I knew.    

In my case it feels like some of the air has gone out of these forums.  I'm hoping much it will revive with a release of something we can play.  And I really think it will.  

But in the meantime, I feel your ASB.  More acutely perhaps than anyone else here...I put a lot of sweat into that lovely pile of poorly made socks.  I like what Stephen Nichols (one of the later and best programmers we had) said:  "I"ve polished this turd as much as I can."

Edited by benwp

xZ2ResZ.png?1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

I rest my case on over-moderation

xZ2ResZ.png?1

In my case it feels like some of the air has gone out of these forums.  I'm hoping much it will revive with a release of something we can play.  And I really think it will.  

I think everyone, including ACE, is banking on this right now.

[@--(o.O)@]

I haven't even read them much lately. Some of that has to do with the lack of anything really exciting to talk about as well.

Hey Phylor!

xZ2ResZ.png?1

At times it was fun.  In fact, the WP/Ubi/SBG years were some of the most fun I've ever been paid to have.  

I'd go into work about 9 or 10, stay till 6 or 7, go home and do the family thing till about 9 and log in remotely and work till past midnight.  And that's when nothing in particular was going on.  When SB was going to launch we worked 90-100+ hours a week for months to meet Ubisoft's deadline.  During that time there was a Sunday I decided not to go in.  Luckily I didn't get in trouble.  Maybe Doug (my boss at the time) didn't go in that day too.

xZ2ResZ.png?1

Down with the moderators! Freeeeeeeedom

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg