Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Schaef6

Questions about the game

Hey everyone! I'm new to crowfall, just became a Bronze Backer yesterday! The game looks really cool but I'm still a little confused on some topics, so if you could lend me some knowledge or link me to the answers, I'd greatly appreciate it! :D

So first off, I'm a slight bit confused on the leveling progression. It seems to me that there are SO many different paths you can go, that your character will basically be good at 1 very specific task, and not be able to do anything else. Could someone sort of summarize the leveling system for me?

Also, is there like a beginner guide to the crafting system basics? Because that looks INTENSE.

I've got so many more questions but I'll just have to learn over time :) Thanks again for any help !

There is no "leveling" system as such; character development happens via the passive training tree, which is time based rather than level based.

Per account, you can train one general skill and one archetype skill at a time. If you're paying for VIP status, you can train one general skill, plus one archetype skill for each of three different archetypes.

General skills are divided into Combat, Crafting, and Exploration. If you want to make a crafter, you're probably going to dedicate your general training to the crafting tree. If you want harvesting abilities or stealth, those are in Exploration. Combat is self-explanatory.

You're not locked into any particular general training path; if you want to move your training to a different node or a whole different tree, you can do that whenever you like. However, if you want to be really good in any one role, you're probably going to want to focus your training there.

Archetype training is almost entirely combat oriented, with the obvious caveat that skills you learn for a Myrmidon vessel don't carry over if you switch to a Confessor.

So, if you want to have strong combat skills with any vessel you choose, you'd want to invest your General training in Combat. On the other hand, if you narrow down your favorites to 3 preferred archetypes (or just a single archetype with a basic account), then you might consider getting your combat bonuses from your Archetype training while you spend your General training on Exploration or Crafting abilities.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

The leveling is passive, so you don't need to do anything to level them up. It's like EVE Online's skill training, where everything levels over time. Because there are so many skills it'll be more beneficial to specialize in an area, like Iron Ore Harvesting, Tailoring, or Siege Weaponry, than to try and dabble in everything (though you still can). Though eventually you'll be able to specialize in everything, it's going to take years before that happens.

I think crafting is pretty intuitive, but here's a couple of videos on it:

https://youtu.be/OeRhGZAkszY?t=5m7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4glvv-ZxXI

Here's also the Dev livestream on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-6LF3IyzCw 

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

There is no "leveling" system as such; character development happens via the passive training tree, which is time based rather than level based.

Per account, you can train one general skill and one archetype skill at a time. If you're paying for VIP status, you can train one general skill, plus one archetype skill for each of three different archetypes.

General skills are divided into Combat, Crafting, and Exploration. If you want to make a crafter, you're probably going to dedicate your general training to the crafting tree. If you want harvesting abilities or stealth, those are in Exploration. Combat is self-explanatory.

You're not locked into any particular general training path; if you want to move your training to a different node or a whole different tree, you can do that whenever you like. However, if you want to be really good in any one role, you're probably going to want to focus your training there.

Archetype training is almost entirely combat oriented, with the obvious caveat that skills you learn for a Myrmidon vessel don't carry over if you switch to a Confessor.

So, if you want to have strong combat skills with any vessel you choose, you'd want to invest your General training in Combat. On the other hand, if you narrow down your favorites to 3 preferred archetypes (or just a single archetype with a basic account), then you might consider getting your combat bonuses from your Archetype training while you spend your General training on Exploration or Crafting abilities.

The leveling is passive, so you don't need to do anything to level them up. It's like EVE Online's skill training, where everything levels over time. Because there are so many skills it'll be more beneficial to specialize in an area, like Iron Ore Harvesting, Tailoring, or Siege Weaponry, than to try and dabble in everything (though you still can). Though eventually you'll be able to specialize in everything, it's going to take years before that happens.

I think crafting is pretty intuitive, but here's a couple of videos on it:

https://youtu.be/OeRhGZAkszY?t=5m7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4glvv-ZxXI

Here's also the Dev livestream on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-6LF3IyzCw 

Thanks guys!!