Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Account Bank, Import and Export - Official discussion thread

if you die with stuff transferring, can it be looted?

From the news : 

• Items that are “in transit” between a character’s inventory and that account’s Spirit Bank are technically removed from the game until they arrive at the destination.

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

banks is good future, probably to test some transfer mechanics

but but...this is end up pvp =(

^^

I think it might encourage pvp.

You won't bank each second.

And people will be decke dout with more gear.

Aka= more fights.

And the amount of ressources per world is still finite.

xD

Guess, what happens when 100 players fight over them.

IF we get so many active again with this update.

The idea is that the quality and quantity of resources on a given world are linked to the danger level (i.e. the PvP rules) of a given world; echoing the idea that great risk allows for great reward.

We will push the full-PvP worlds to the far-right side of the spectrum (i.e. higher rarity resources) and...

Excellent, is how it should be, if you want the best resources you have to risk and venture (and get full looted if you die) in the high contensted FFA pvp zones.

Just a reminder: don't make this game too much GEAR BASED, in sandbox mmorpgs like UO gear don't give so much power but just an a slight advantage otherwise no lifers and people who can play 24/7 will always have the best gear and benefits over casuals.

What's matter should be your personal skills, how you move and evade enemy shoots, and BASE stats and skills levels "naked", not because you wear the legenday armour and weapon.

Don't make this mistake and turn this game into a endless gear grindfest and farmfest. Having dedicated crafters is nice and necessary to the game economy along with gear decay over use and death, but gear shouldn't never give you more than 15% overall protection and offense.

Something along these values as example and compromise:

• Poor - Grey items / resources  +1%
  • Common – White items / resources  +2%
  • Uncommon – Green items / resources  +5%
  • Epic – Purple items / resources  +10%
  • Legendary – Orange items / resources  +15%
Edited by kdchan

Archduchess Alice

I would like local banks more. It would be better if you had to travel to a chest or another POI to transfer stuff out.

Totally get that this is testing, but can you release some sort of POI to keep the PVP players active?

Translation: can you set up a place to where i can wait on crafters to come to so i can kill them and take their stuff because i hate gathering

Cmon man

Why can us PvPers just fight each other? And when the rare resource server is online PvP will increase no doubt

Edited by coach

Just a reminder: don't make this game too much GEAR BASED, in sandbox mmorpgs like UO gear don't give so much power but just an a slight advantage otherwise no lifers and people who can play 24/7 will always have the best gear and benefits over casuals.

If gear isn't a big enough factor, then people will run around without gear because a) it's easier and B) it represents less risk. Abilities only require weapons right now. They made them also require some armor, but too many people complained about it, but they have to have some way to incentivize people to wear armor. If people can effectively fight without armor then the whole system breaks down. Less need for gear means less need for resources to make gear. Less need for resources means less things to fight over.

Different bands will have different quality resources. Someone who plays in the God's Reach won't be able to harvest epic quality resources, so unless they bring in epic gear through the import (provided the import allows it), they won't be in better gear regardless of how much time they play.

If gear isn't a big enough factor, then people will run around without gear because a) it's easier

Nope, because even with a 15% difference the hardcore pvpers will always use every little advantage possible to win a battle. Fairness is not an option is a pvp game, every tool in game is used to achieve the final victory. This is something i learn in all these years of hardcore mmorpg, from EVE, to UO to Darkfall, to LiF.

and B) it represents less risk.

See my previous reply.

but too many people complained about it,

They shouldn't listen to these people then, because if you make gear too strong you create a huge gap between hardcore and casuals. Is not good that people who grind, farm and ammass ton of money 24/7 and so can buy the best gear from crafters should have an insane advantage.

This is detrimental for the game maybe not immediately but in the long run and will kill it along with the economy. Any system that promote elitism should be limited.

If you are good, then be good with your own skills not rely on gear.

but they have to have some way to incentivize people to wear armor.

15% for the best gear is enought, you have an advantage that isn't so devastating, but if you suck and your opponent move and evade better then you deserve to lose.

Take in mind that i use just an example, the difference in gear can be tweaked a bit to give the best compromise, to not turn the game gear based but to not devalue too much end game gear.

Edited by kdchan

Archduchess Alice

Excellent, is how it should be, if you want the best resources you have to risk and venture (and get full looted if you die) in the high contensted FFA pvp zones.

What's matter should be your personal skills, how you move and evade enemy shoots, and BASE stats and skills levels "naked", not because you wear the legenday armour and weapon.

Don't make this mistake and turn this game into a endless gear grindfest and farmfest. Having dedicated crafters is nice and necessary to the game economy along with gear decay over use and death, but gear shouldn't never give you more than 15% overall protection and offense.

The number tweaking will be done eventually but for now I think making abilities require weapons is the way to go. On the downside with low pop testing it is harder to handle grave yard camping if the campers are decently organized but that hasn't really been an issue for my testing at least.

Step 1: Harvest -> Bank immediately -> repeat ad nauseam

Step 2: Switch to EK

Step 3: Craft peacefully

Step 4: Transfer gear back to CW

Step 5: Everyone PvPs in full sets

Now we just need something to fight over!

POI lets go!

krevra.png

I would like local banks more. It would be better if you had to travel to a chest or another POI to transfer stuff out.

Totally get that this is testing, but can you release some sort of POI to keep the PVP players active?

Step 1: Harvest -> Bank immediately -> repeat ad nauseam

Step 2: Switch to EK

Step 3: Craft peacefully

Step 4: Transfer gear back to CW

Step 5: Everyone PvPs in full sets

Now we just need something to fight over!

They do have POIs to fight over! In the middle of the map they put resource spawning chests to get people's attention.

(and as someone else mentioned earlier, they spawn some pretty sweet resources)

I'm torn on the current system... Seeing as how its early testing I think its good. It lets us play around / test things without any real risk.

When it comes to the real game though, I don't know. 

On one hand, having transfer POIs does make sense as it gives places to fight over... But on the other hand, I think it makes the varying payouts for winners and losers redundant. Whoever secures the transfer points, gets the most items regardless of campaign victory... It subtracts from the campaigns goal (unless of course the campaign's goal is who can loot the most)

If it were up to me... I'd keep depositing into the bank as it is and available from anywhere BUT I would either lock everything in it until the end of the campaign (where it becomes subject to win/loss percents) OR have it only be withdraw-able at POIs. 

But that's just my opinion, I know all you full looters probably disagree :P

I think my suggestion encourages larger fights (and caravan use) though over ganking individuals. The large engagements are what I find fun, not the one on ones.

On one hand, having transfer POIs does make sense as it gives places to fight over... But on the other hand, I think it makes the varying payouts for winners and losers redundant. Whoever secures the transfer points, gets the most items regardless of campaign victory... It subtracts from the campaigns goal (unless of course the campaign's goal is who can loot the most)

If it were up to me... I'd keep depositing into the bank as it is and available from anywhere BUT I would either lock everything in it until the end of the campaign (where it becomes subject to win/loss percents) OR have it only be withdraw-able at POIs. 

But that's just my opinion, I know all you full looters probably disagree :P

I think my suggestion encourages larger fights (and caravan use) though over ganking individuals. The large engagements are what I find fun, not the one on ones.

1) The Spirit Bank is an artifact that has been put into the test sessions to test the transfer of items between different server (inventory) and account based databases. I am sure the Spirit Bank (in its current form) will not exist in the released game.

2) Even if a guild or group have accumulated resources into a 'local' bank it is only the resources and items in Embargo that will be exported from the CW, at the end of the campaign. The percentage of items from Embargo will depend on the win conditions of that CW.

3) The transfer between Banks and Embargo will, I assume, be physical not an instant transfer (i.e. you will have to physically transport the items to Embargo not like the current Spirit Bank).

4) Guilds will have to estimate how much resources are required to win the CW (stone for walls, ore/leather for armour and weapons etc.) versus how much to 'bank' in embargo. Because you 'don't know' what you 'don't know' most guilds will play to win and be very 'risk' averse and keep everything in the CW guild or local banks and only when things become clearer will resources be put into Embargo.  Once resources are in Embargo they will not be available for the CW (i.e. its a 'one-way' transfer).

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!