Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ClockworkOrange

PVP - Drop Equipped Gear on Death?

So for some reason I was under the impression that the most hardcore PVP modes would cause you to drop your equipped gear on death.

From what Pann stated today in this release, this doesn't seem to be the case. I say this because the announcement stated we started on the extreme ends of the spectrum. Sanctuary being the safe zone that acts as an EK. Then you have everything else which they are stating is the most extreme PVP ruleset.

Does this mean we don't drop equipped gear on death?

I really hope this isn't the case. This will cause players to bring better gear into the campaign knowing they don't run the risk of feeding it to their enemies if they die. It also creates a situation where groups will gear up to PVP bringing nothing in their inventory. At this point they have nothing to lose form the venture (aside from durability) and everything to gain from harvesters they kill.

Please say it ain't so.

Nothing drops on death, but in the dregs one possible option for a campaign world will be that your body/vessel will be left behind on death, and you will have to either get back to your old one, before someone takes it, or find a new one.

That hard core enough for you?

Personally, I expect that type of server to be a bit of a ghost town with very little appeal.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

I'm pretty sure some of the early concepts for rulesets involved chances to drop equipped items.  It would be great if you dropped all equipped items though, but we will see if people can handle such a hardcore ruleset.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

If items and gear are reasonably easy to acquire and it's easy to recoup from death; I'm okay wth full loot.

If items and gear are painstakingly hard to acquire and death is not easy to recoup from; partial item loss seems more sensible.

Death should sting, but it shouldn't make you want to log off or break your keyboard in half.

Edited by helix

Death should sting, but it shouldn't make you want to log off or break your keyboard in half.

you usually have some additional gear bags in your bank/storage in such games.

also never bring stuff into a battle you can't afford.

Edited by drunk

Crowfall Wiki

you usually have some additional gear bags in your bank/storage in such games.

also never bring stuff into a battle you can't afford.

This guy gets it. If you can't replace it you shouldn't be using it.

If you are out hunting and you kill someone using a better tier weapon than you. You should be able to loot it and upgrade yourself, you earned it.

If you don't drop your gear when you die, then you just don't carry anything in your inventory and you have very little to worry about. I also like being able to farm PLAYERS for gear and then trade that gear with my guild mates for my AT gear.

This gives unskilled zergs a bigger advantage. They will have no problem making the best quality gear and don't have to worry about feeding it to their enemies. I like being able to farm large zergs to take advantage of all their harvesters and low skill.

I also like the idea of small groups of combatants. Guilds without harvesters and crafters who search the field looking to steal gear from opponents. This forces all guilds to have crafters if they want to compete on a gear level.

In full loot games when I kill someone, I am happiest about stealing their equipped gear. If all i get is their food and the few resources they had on them (if they were only looking for pvp they have no resources) then the spoils of war are not as exciting.

Combat Skill Tree Idea: If you won't give me full loot and there is in fact an RNG for enemies to drop equipped gear on death. Add a node in the combat skill tree that increases the RNG chance of an enemy that you deliver the killing blow on. You could call it executioner and your guild would rely on you to take the finishing blows to increase loot drops.

I prefer full loot, but if you won't give it the above idea would at least spruce up the boring combat tree.

In full loot games when I kill someone, I am happiest about stealing their equipped gear. If all i get is their food and the few resources they had on them (if they were only looking for pvp they have no resources) then the spoils of war are not as exciting.

i can't even imagine a sandbox MMO without full loot.

open PVP would get boring fast and basically the same as in any other themepark MMO.

Crowfall Wiki

So for some reason I was under the impression that the most hardcore PVP modes would cause you to drop your equipped gear on death.

From what Pann stated today in this release, this doesn't seem to be the case. I say this because the announcement stated we started on the extreme ends of the spectrum. Sanctuary being the safe zone that acts as an EK. Then you have everything else which they are stating is the most extreme PVP ruleset.

Does this mean we don't drop equipped gear on death?

I really hope this isn't the case. This will cause players to bring better gear into the campaign knowing they don't run the risk of feeding it to their enemies if they die. It also creates a situation where groups will gear up to PVP bringing nothing in their inventory. At this point they have nothing to lose form the venture (aside from durability) and everything to gain from harvesters they kill.

Please say it ain't so.

I think you're misunderstanding the post. She literally said the current campaign worlds include full loot PvP and will continue to be that way. What they're doing in the next update is putting better, higher quality resources on these campaign worlds, instead of the variety of qualities they have now. The full loot setup on these worlds will stay the same.

Then, they are going to add new rulesets, with PvP rules somewhere between full safety (Sanctuary) and full loot. Who knows how many new rulesets they'll have, maybe several. This is exactly the plan they described long ago for the game. These different campaigns will have lesser quality resources equivalent to how hardcore the PvP is there - i.e. they won't be able to make the best gear in the game because they won't have access to the highest quality resources on those "mid-tier" PvP worlds. You can only make the best gear on the full loot world.

Then, they'll turn on the account bank to test the movement of goods between these worlds. They had spoken before about various limitations to importing and exporting depending on the ruleset - i.e. you wouldn't be able to export the best items out of the full loot PvP campaigns, but could import limited items. This test is likely intended to test those restrictions and find what works best among the different campaign rulesets for both import/export as well as the new resource and item quality variation.

Rules like equipment and inventory looting, item decay, and import/export are separate "dials" that can be adjusted for each Campaign World. The plan for launch has always been to offer a selection of different Campaign World rulesets so players can choose. It's possible The Dregs might have 100% equipped and inventory loot. This was an early concept of what the Shadow band might be:

https://www.crowfall.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Crowfall_WorldRules_1.jpg

For this pre-alpha testing phase, we get whatever ruleset they want to test  :)

tiPrpwh.png

I think you're misunderstanding the post.

Oh I got it. When I talk about full loot pvp I assume you drop everything you are wearing like armor and weapon. Clearly that is not the case currently and it seems like it won't be.

Oh I got it. When I talk about full loot pvp I assume you drop everything you are wearing like armor and weapon. Clearly that is not the case currently and it seems like it won't be.

They stated before that equipment loot was intended for Dregs as well, but keep in mind that the playtest didn't have many systems online yet. They probably wanted to wait until they had a more fleshed out game so something like that would actually work well. With the big changes coming, you might see it in the next test. Either way, I would be surprised if they didn't eventually add it. As the person above you linked, they had said the world one band "easier" than this one would have some equipment loot, so if Dregs is more hardcore than that, you can bet there's plenty in there.

Rules like equipment and inventory looting, item decay, and import/export are separate "dials" that can be adjusted for each Campaign World. The plan for launch has always been to offer a selection of different Campaign World rulesets so players can choose. It's possible The Dregs might have 100% equipped and inventory loot. This was an early concept of what the Shadow band might be:

https://www.crowfall.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Crowfall_WorldRules_1.jpg

For this pre-alpha testing phase, we get whatever ruleset they want to test  :)

Thanks, didn't notice this at first. At least its 20%, better than nothing. It would seem as if Dregs would be more than 20% like Leiloni mentioned.

I see Dregs are FFA, does this mean no grouping?

I see Dregs are FFA, does this mean no grouping?

No, it means friendly fire is enabled even between guild members.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

No, it means friendly fire is enabled even between guild members.

Please tell me this is confirmed by ACE somewhere.

If this is the case I wonder how the Legionaire C, and Druid Aoe Rain Heal and Orbs will work. If they don't also do FF, their heals get even stronger in dregs.

Please tell me this is confirmed by ACE somewhere.

If this is the case I wonder how the Legionaire C, and Druid Aoe Rain Heal and Orbs will work. If they don't also do FF, their heals get even stronger in dregs.

I think it is but it hasn't been talked about in a while, so you'll have to search much older posts for that. But your concern over how combat will work has been discussed a lot. A lot of people are concerned that combat may not work well with FF, some stated before they got too far into combat development that they weren't taking it into account enough, and some people are doubtful it will end up being implemented as true FF. So we'll see!

Nothing drops on death, but in the dregs one possible option for a campaign world will be that your body/vessel will be left behind on death, and you will have to either get back to your old one, before someone takes it, or find a new one.

That hard core enough for you?

Personally, I expect that type of server to be a bit of a ghost town with very little appeal.

They are going to make the high end materials only drop in the most dangerous zones...  you want legendary/epic mats your going into the danger zone for them, this will draw more than you think to the risk and reward.  Smart guilds will farm mats and players in the dregs and take some of the high quality gear into shadow ring out gearing other guilds to get a solid CW win...   a twink kind of thang for the Throne War points.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai