Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

4 v 8, HoA versus -W-

Nohmad

A fun fight that took place a few days ago.  Cyjax, Psylynt, Soulein (HoA) and myself versus 8 Winterblades.  Also my first group fight on the ranger.  I had never seriously tried using the bow before so I decided to give it a whirl.  The FPS drops/hitching made aiming very difficult, as well as the narrow hitboxes.  You can sometimes see my frames drop and the screen start to slide around, or my targets hitching and warping away from arrows.  It was still a very fun fight, much respect to everyone involved -- HoA and Winterblades.  Hope you take the commentary as it was intended -- a lighthearted RP joke.  =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2cUtaiqTv4&feature=youtu.be

A fun fight that took place a few days ago.  Cyjax, Psylynt, Soulein (HoA) and myself versus 8 Winterblades.  Also my first group fight on the ranger.  I had never seriously tried using the bow before so I decided to give it a whirl.  The FPS drops/hitching made aiming very difficult, as well as the narrow hitboxes.  You can sometimes see my frames drop and the screen start to slide around, or my targets hitching and warping away from arrows.  It was still a very fun fight, much respect to everyone involved -- HoA and Winterblades.  Hope you take the commentary as it was intended -- a lighthearted RP joke.  =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2cUtaiqTv4&feature=youtu.be

The opening music and Soulein saying "contact" was pretty epic. 

What the heck hits for 41,963 damage?!?! What ability and what bow? Is there a damage bonus because the target was knocked down? That's insane.

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

Yah both grps were not together and ended up straggling in.  Fight isnt a long shot so hard to get bearings, but if this is the fight of "Angelmars leap".  Soulein did a very pro-timed knight C or chainpull that interrupted our horses big C heal that we planned to use heal up after jumping off instead of running for 300m to get to a ramp..... that did not go to plan.... First grp started it off at half health and HoA got a pick early and it went down hill from there.  Second group has no excuse tho, imo!

Good fights and well played.  I learned my lesson to about jumping off 25k fall damage cliffs. 

Edited by angelmar

The opening music and Soulein saying "contact" was pretty epic.

What the heck hits for 41,963 damage?!?! What ability and what bow? Is there a damage bonus because the target was knocked down? That's insane.

the ranger has a access to a temporary buff, hot shot, that will increase their crit bonus damage dramatically for 15 seconds.

you need to hit three targets with bow 2 riochet shot to gain this buff, so typically only relevant for team fights - you wont be getting those numbers on a one vs one.

then an advanced bow and piercing arrows using the left click power shots.

in the clip my crit rate also has a bonus +15% from rallying cry buff (yes everyone this actually has an offensive role!) as well as legio attack power aura.

-

anyway at OP good video, good job with that fps. great location and style - wish had canyon on non west servers!

Edited by Tinnis

lets see

1) basic HP around 50k

2) bow and other white/green middle quality weapon dmg around 600-900

3) slashing arrow = extra damage to targets below 50% hp

4) Riochet shot: Channeled power. Damages and bounces 3 to nearby targets. If 3 targets are hit grants 'Hot shot' buff: boosting crit damage bonus by a dramatic +150% for a 15 second duration.

5) 15 seconds = 4-5 full charged LMB

6) basic crit chance ~5%, basic crit dmg ~150%

7) 1-2 month of training right trees and ur basic crit chance around 10%, basic crit dmg around 170%

8) lego passive buff (150 power? do not remember), lego C buff - +% crit chance, archer stake: 250? power

now lets see, full charged LMB ranger can be around 10-15k, with some of the lego from 8 it can be something like 20k

it is possible to make crit chance with 8 around 20+%

so, for 15 seconds there will be 100% chance to land 1 out of 4-5 arrows with 20*150+170=44k crits

I would like to see more than 50k crits with better weapon and some min-max buffs

I do not count physical defence debuffs coz I do not understand how they are working/not working in this game.

also there can be some bugs in skill trees (negative effect, x10 positive effect, etc)

conclusion: buff armor or no1 will play this oneshot game

related also to myrmi ult/rat impale/confessor 4 powers

ofc ALL pvp players will get crit/critdmg first, so....

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550