Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Leather Armor Layers Working?

blazzen

Are these working? They don't appear to be giving any mitigation. I tried various different types of ore but always used boar leather. It always made an "Earthen" armor layer. I tried with and without specialty seals, I tried different qualities of materials, I came to the conclusion they aren't working. Maybe not implemented yet because there's only 2 types of leather producing animals in the game and all other resources have 5?

The metal armor layers do work and provide mitigation. 

I rewatched Thomas Blair's crafting demo video and he mentioned how the "fluxing stone" determines the type of mitigations. I noticed there's no "fluxing stone" slot in the leather armor layer. 

Anyone know what's up with this? I'm guessing it's just not yet implemented. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

I thought adding additional layers only added like 3% mitigation...? But I think it also adds durability.

I'm not positive though...Haven't done much crafting these past tests

I crafted 2 leather chest pieces - first one was with green leather and crafting seals. Second one was with white leather and no seals. I used 3 hardened leather and the padded leather - basically all optional materials. I used all boar leather except I think the cat leather might've given me the nature damage on the green chest. I think the crafting seals removed my +resource stat on the green piece which is why I didn't use them on the white piece of armor. 

In either event the leather armor layers don't give any mitigations period and are broken. When you make a metal armor layer you can see the mitigations it adds. They don't show up period on the leather ones. 

unknown.png

Edited by blazzen

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

• 2 weeks later...

One I created had +0.072 crushing, if that helps.

I wasn't using potions and used junk materials, so the stats are low.  

A base .06 was from one of the Hardened Leathers, bumped up to 0.063 on experimentation, then to 0.072 on the final armor sheen.  

The Hardened Leather was marked as "Heavy".   The layers were Earth, Org, and Earth (Iron/Boar, Iron/Auroch, Iron-Tin/Boar).  The hides were Auroch & Boar.

• 3 weeks later...

I've also noticed that elemental mitigations from armor don't actually register on your player stats. without armor, my physical mitigations are 9.89 and my elemental mitigations are 0.89. when I equip a chest piece, physical mitigation increases to 12.89 and elemental mitigation remains the same. chest piece has +10 physical and +5 elemental mitigation (chain).

So even though the armor says it has elemental mitigation, I'm not sure if it actually does anything or provides any benefit in a fight.

I've also noticed that elemental mitigations from armor don't actually register on your player stats. without armor, my physical mitigations are 9.89 and my elemental mitigations are 0.89. when I equip a chest piece, physical mitigation increases to 12.89 and elemental mitigation remains the same. chest piece has +10 physical and +5 elemental mitigation (chain).

So even though the armor says it has elemental mitigation, I'm not sure if it actually does anything or provides any benefit in a fight.

The mitigation from your armor won't add to your paper doll stats. Hits are location based. Most hits will occur on the chest, but some abilities specifically target certain armor slots. For example, ground targeted effects will always hit the foot armor slot. Because hits are location based and each armor slot can have different mitigation values, they aren't adding those numbers to your paper doll display. The numbers are added together when you get hit.

The reason your physical mitigations went up by 3% when you equipped the chest plate is likely because you have skills that provide mitigation only when you are wearing a chest plate.

Edited by Arkade

The mitigation from your armor won't add to your paper doll stats. Hits are location based. Most hits will occur on the chest, but some abilities specifically target certain armor slots. For example, ground targeted effects will allows hit the foot armor slot. Because hits are location based and each armor slot can have different mitigation values, they aren't adding those numbers to your paper doll display. The numbers are added together when you get hit.

The reason your physical mitigations went up by 3% when you equipped the chest plate is likely because you have skills that provide mitigation only when you are wearing a chest plate.

Mystery solved. Thanks for explaining that.