Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kraahk

European Countries Kingdom

tl;dr:

Concept of an Eternal Kingdom for european countries - to help national playerbases to grow, to give them a central contact and a strong base. Basic example: See picture above. How about you and your country? What would you like to see, what are your doubts, and what are your ideas?

First: Right now this is more some kind of a survey than an invitation. There will definitely be "something" like the following. But nothing is carved in stone yet. For the moment i am more interested in feedback, exchange of ideas and in getting into contact with interested people.
Second: Since most details about EK's are not defined yet, most of the assumptions this concept is build on are highly speculative - so everything is subject to change.

The general frame

Imagine an Eternal Kingdom that could serve as a center for european countries. With an international main Palace, a large area for national or international events/activities and a self-managed area for each participating country, each big enough for a province parcel plus surrounding land.
Imagine an EK that supports countries with smaller player bases and gives those with already working economics a place to represent and take part in a huge economical environment.
Imagine an extensive kingdom system that supports different kinds of development styles. With the freedom to use and develop your countries realm a way befitting your country. Imagine that you won't ever loose your efforts as a country, but can take them with you in an own country capitol EK, when the time has come.

The goals

Simplified:
  1. To foster the crowfall playerbase in countries with a not-yet-so-much-active crowfall audience (but with some potential to get there).
  2. To give the game another level of contest beyond the campaign worlds. (Not to replace the CW's. Far from that. Remember the ACE statement: CW's are the football games, while the EK's are the season. In such an EK, the different countries could display their success within the season - directly comparable to each other ... and so, maybe, encouraging competition -- to say: promoting progression)
  3. Tertiary but nontheless a point, since the EK's will be international: to provide Europe with a strong (and maybe at least sometimes united ;) ) base that can face it's strong competitors from the rest of the world.

To give you an idea, this is an example of how such a kingdom could look like. Just a first and very basic example.

qbOZgdy.jpg 

Do you think there is place for something like that in crowfall? And how about your country?

Optional Informations: Some Ravenheart principles

- Basic  endowment and country development

Basic Endowment

Every country within this kingdom will be endowed with

• provided Land: at least 24 cells. Enough space to place for example 1 province parcel, plus 8 resource or tax-free parcels. You may opt to get more land, depending on the number of your active citizens.
  • a provided Stronghold: at least a large keep. You may opt to upgrade up to a provided mountain parcel or maybe place your own stronghold parcel.
  • provided tax-free parcels: at least 5-7. You may opt to get more provided tax-free parcels or place your own.

Country development

Countries can develop/expand their realm in different ways.

• Bausparen: The tax surplus (see below) flows into a countries banking account. Once a specific treshold is reached, the profits will be distributed in form of parcels or a better stronghold. The country can choose what to get. If it don't, it will get automatically what seems to make most sense.
  • Mieten: Countries can opt-in to use a renting system to get more/better parcels/strongholds. An additional renting tax will be added to the standard tax. If the country can't afford the maintenance, it will be downgraded automatically.
  • Eigenkapital: Countries can use their own parcels/strongholds. You have a rich patron? Great, let him use his citadel for your country. But be aware that this is a no-guarantee choice. If the patron takes it away, the country will fall back to what they have earned within the EK.

More informations: see Taxes and Maintenance

- Taxes and Maintenance

The taxes will be reduced to the minimum amount needed to maintain the kingdom. To reduce this amount even further, every country will get some tax-free parcels. Countries can opt-in to pay more taxes than necessary.
We don't really know anything about taxes and maintenance yet, but here is a basic example how the abovementioned is meant.

Let's assume to maintain a large keep you would have to pay 100 wood per month. Thats 100% maintenance cost. The monthly maintenance tax would be 100 wood per month. The standard charge for a provided stronghold is a 5% "saving tax". So together thats 105 wood.
But you get tax-free parcels. So let's further assume you would be able to place up to 10 tax-free parcels around it, each of them reducing the maintenance cost by 10%. The EK will grant you 5 tax-free parcels, reducing the maintenance cost by 50%.
But the tax will only be reduced by 9% per tax-free parcel. 1% will stay as a provision tax.
So the tax is reduced to 60 Wood. 100 % maintenance cost +5% saving tax - 50% maintenance reduction (10 per tax-free parcel) + 5% povision tax (1 per tax-free parcel) = 60% total. The +5% saving tax is the "tax surplus".

The tax-surplus will flow into your country bank account and be used to develop the EK. Let's say the large keep you have costs 500 wood and a small castle costs 1500 wood. Once your tax surplus reached the 1000 wood, your country will get rid of the keep and get a small castle instead because of the Bausparen model. Let's assume the maintenance cost of a small castle is 120 wood. Now this is 100%. Since you paid the castle with your taxes, your tax rate is still 60%. You now pay 72 wood a month.

You opt-in to get another provided tax-free parcel to save more maintenance costs. Now you have 6 of them.  6 of them means 100 % maintenance cost +5% saving tax - 60% maintenance reduction + 6% provision tax = 51% total. 120 x 52%, now you pay 61 wood a month.

You don't like the small castle, you want to have a capitol. But you don't have one, so you rent a large castle.
Let's assume a large castle costs 2000 wood and has 200 wood monthly maintenance costs. You have already been entitled to a small castle, 1500 wood worth and with 120 wood maintenance costs. Value difference is +33% (500 wood), maintenance costs are +66% (80 wood). You still have 6 provided tax free parcels. They still reduce the maintenance to 40% and you still pay 5% EK tax and 6% provision tax  = standard tax 51%. With a small castle this 51% would be 61 wood (instead 120), saving 59 wood. With a large castle this 51% would be 102 wood (instead 200), saving 98 wood.
But you didn't earn to save 98 wood, you only earned to save 59 wood (because you didn't pay the large castle, but only the small). A part of this (39 wood or 19.5%) extra saving will be withhold as rental charges to pay the costs for the provision of the better stronghold. I think that 20% (of the 19.5 %) will be a fair amount, but we'll have to see.
In this case your tax would be 100% maintenance +5% saving tax -60% maintenance reduction +6% provision tax + 4% rental charges = 55% = 110 wood.
The saving tax will continue to fill your country account and once you reached the missing 500 wood (the difference between the earned small castle and the not yet earned but already used large castle) the rental charges will stop.  

You got lucky. Due to your tax surplus you finally got entitled for your large castle and got rid of the rental charge. Even better, some of your citizens found their own tax-free parcels and are now willing to use them for their country. We assumed that in this example 10 is the maximum. 5 is the minumum the EK will provide (no way around that). You give back the 6th provided tax-free parcel and your countrymen fill up the rest. Those parcels are not provided by the Ek, so there is no provision tax for them. Now the taxes are 100 % maintenance cost +5% saving tax -50% own tax-free parcels - 50% maintenance reduction + 5% provision tax = 10% total, or 20 wood.

You won in the lottery. Not much. But enough. So congratulations. Why not buying a citadel? You do so and put it into your realm to replace the provided stronghold. By using a not provided stronghold, you automatically opt-out of the savings system and won't pay the 5% saving tax anymore. But you also don't pay into your country bank anymore (meaning also that you don't gather savings to get more or better parcels/strongholds). You still have the obligational 5 provided tax-free parcels and the 5 of your countrymen. Now your tax is 100 % maintenance cost -50% own tax-free parcels - 50% maintenance reduction + 5% provision tax = 5% total.

You have always the option to pay additional EK taxes up to a percentage that compensates the maintenance reduction the provided tax-free parcels grant (to ensure that citizens will never have to pay more than a tax equal to 100% maintenance costs). If you do so, then choose the intended use. For example for national or international events, for your countries bank accout to the get bigger strongholds earlier or to buy additional parcels for this EK or a future national EK, whatsoever.

- Migration

To make this clear: The goal of this kingdom is ... to get rid of you!!! Yeah, you heard me...  ;)
In other words, if your realm did grow up enough to start it's own prospering EK, then everything went right - no citizen shall ever be a prisoner. You are very welcome to keep a representative or trading outpost here, though.
However, this will need a migration model. And here is the first idea.

Every country will have the opportunity to take it's efforts with them, when they decide that they have grown enough. In general there are two ways to do it.
You can order all strongholds and parcels you have earned, to be placed in another EK, at any time.
You can take over all strongholds and parcels you have earned and do with them whatever you want.

In the first case i could imagine a 1% tax fee for a limited time, let's say 6 month. With the option to go on with this fee, voluntarily, to support the future projects of the EK where it all began.
The second case would require a positive citizen survey that agrees that the parcels/strongholds shall be transferred to one person -- and a transfer fee (i assume between 10 and 20% of the ingame value) that has to be paid. If a whole country will lay it's trust on one person, they should be sure about this. The 10-20% is a barrier to make sure that they are really sure and that they have the economic power to go on ... and to give them a headstart in case things go very wrong. To say: Everybody is always welcome to come back. The 10-20% will be in the country bank, giving the chance to get things rolling again, even in the worst case.

-Other things

The Council

There will be a council for the overall management, but every country is free to manage their realm completely on their own (and should do so) - including internal taxes.  As highest board, the council will ensure the continuation of business in case of a leadership collaps and be available for counselling and mediation in disputed cases. It will also intervene if actions or decisions may have the potential to harm the EK in any way.

It is recommended that countries will be led by civil voting or a council. At least until a strong, stable and dedicated leader has evolved out of the masses. Countries should never be under the leadership of a guild in the traditional meaning. As a country leader you may be member or even leader of a guild. You may form a guild to represent your nation or your countries citizens in this EK. But always remember that your duty as a leader in this EK is to support the growth of your countries crowfall playerbase and economics. Draining your countries energies instead, especially to support "just" a specific guild or group, will have serious consequences.

Many nations, many problems

A multi-national (not international -- since the nations are not mixed) kingdom WILL lead to conflicts. This kingdom is not meant to be a place of oh-we-are-all-so-happy-and-one-big-family fluffybunnies. Every nation has it's own traditions, it's own way of thinking, it's own way to do things. We are not the same. We are all different.
To keep and even promote our national identity, while accepting that things are different in other countries, will be one of the challenges of this EK. Rivalries are sane. Irrational scaremongering and extremistic behaviour are not. There is a fine line between national identity and insanity. We will have to find this line; the place where conflicts and rivalries can be fought out intensively without coming from or leading to serious hate. The council will monitor this theme complex very closely. And the country leaders are called to do the same.

Online Presence

We do have the option to provide a forum with sub-forums for every participating country, where you can discuss matters, recruit members and publish or translate news in your own language. The administrative language however will be english.

Spatial Division

Theoretically an EK provides place for up to 25 province parcels (citadel or palace). But this doesn't make much sense. There should be room for tax-free parcels, resource parcels, a large common place and a center stronghold. If you would include  this, you would have place for 6-7 strongholds.  The regional distribution in the picture above shows, how an EK could look like with 9 countries + playground + center. I think this arrangement is a good compromise.
This calculation is based on the assumption that there won't be too many interested countries at first and that we won't be able to stitch EK's together (what might happen - and in this case there would be no limit at all).

Only one kingdom for several nations? Ain't that a bit small?

I don't think so. Due to the early backer packages and shop offers we already have a lot of strongholds in the game. One of the results is that we tend to underestimate the impact of land and strongholds. I have concerned myself very closely with this theme complex.
Take a small keep for example, which is meant to support 20 shops/people. Sounds like a perfect stronghold for a small guild. But it isn't. Shops are not for fighters, see? No matter if it is a guild or a community stronghold, you will always have to add the people who are not part of the housing and shop assignments, but nontheless are part of the group or just visitors.
I think it's much more plausible if we multiply the number of supported shops/people by 2 to 3, to get a realistic guild member number for a stronghold. And i expect that a community hub will need at least 10 times the customers, compared to the support numbers, to not feel empty.

So a small community keep should be able to serve 200 visitors and the 20 best crafters. Thats a lot if the community is small. If it starts to get crowded, expand. Get your big castle and serve 1200 visitors. Then get your citadel. Then move out and build your own country EK.
One of the problems with the many many strongholds is, that underestimation will lead to abandoned kingdoms. Nobody wants to visit an empty kingdom. Growth needs activity. Providing a kingdom with a high population density on the other hand, will foster growth for the particpating groups.  

Oh, and last not least, it's no problem to expand into several kingdoms. If bursting at all seams, how about 5 kingdoms: north, south, east, west, central europe? But let's start small, huh? ;)

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Yesss, I was actually waiting for you posting something about Ravenheart. So glad you finally did :)

I don't have to tell you that I wholeheartedly support this - you should already know.

@ChosenofCastle: sad as it is, there might not be many countries interested in this concept. Or, to be more specific: the word "country" here stands for players of certain nationality, and players tend to group up in guilds. Even more so in a teamdriven game ;)
Problem now - there's not a whole lot of guilds who'd freely abandon percepted "freedom" to trade for an EK "that's not even of our making!".

I don't want to call out for the devil, and I really hope to be proven wrong. But most guilds want "their own kingdom".
For my part, I'm certain that Kraahks numbers are correct - one guild, big as it might be, won't be able to fill a kingdom on it's own. Or if it could, I wouldn't feel nice going shopping there xD
A 'kingdom' stands for a land full of different people, and a central marketplace bustling with life. I think a real, living, breathing EK can only exist if many, many people work together.

That's what I'm hoping for.

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

@Akineko I don't think there will be national guilds in most of the smaller countries. It is much easier to say that a guild's language will be English or русский or any other international and a guild will have wider variety of people who can join. And international guilds may have organizational troubles if they are big and have to split between multiple districts. But not all have a guild and therefore, may like to be in a kingdom, until they find one or so...

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

Will you include all countries?

Like they say: The early crow gets the warmth. First come, first serve. Every country within or near europe is welcome to participate in this EK concept.

The basic kingdom is designed for up to 9 countries. Theoretically 25 countries could find their place, but it would be very crowded, with no individual layout options. Not good. However, if the future EK test show that less space would feel good enough, we can increase the initial numbers per EK. If more place is needed, we can expand the project to several kingdoms. We'll have to see.

I don't want to call out for the devil, and I really hope to be proven wrong. But most guilds want "their own kingdom".

This EK concept is not meant to interfere with any guild kingdom concepts. It is not a guild and it is not guild-driven. (Nor is it an international kingdom -- it's multi-national, that's a difference.) So i don't see too much problems regarding guilds.

The variety of possible kingdom concepts and player groups is huge. There will be place for everyone. Somewhere. THIS kingdom is meant to foster the building of national centres, to serve as first point of contact especially for new or single players who need help to get into the game or a fitting guild, to serve as meeting points where players can meet people who speak the same language.

What guilds can be and will be able to do will depend a lot on their playerbase. Countries with a huge playerbase may have several big guilds or maybe even a big national trading hub. That's great. They may want to build a small outpost in this EK to extend their economic range. Countries with smaller playerbases won't have a lot of big guilds, but they will have players who want to team up. They may use this EK as a start. And if the community grows and they split up into strong guilds - perfect, that's one of the goals.

So i don't see too many problems regarding guilds. Guilds are welcome to participate - as long as their actins serve their country. If national hubs are smaller than national guild EK's, that's ok. Either the hub management is not good enough or the guilds are too isolated. Their doing. I can only offer the concept and the initial resources to get things rolling. Time will judge our deeds.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Hi there.

I reckon this concept is truely interesting.

I'm expecially impressed how the idea of migration fits in a dynamic community.
Perhaps this is exactly the need of italian players which at the moment apparently are a small number.

Let's see how this idea could be carven in stone when we have knowledge of land-system. ;)

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

I would have liked it if you would have focused on a more international arrangement to be honest. The whole country thing is totally not interesting for me and I can't say I like this. You should focus on a more international approach in my opinion.

I like our European guild. It has lots of different cultures and we experience and learn new things about each other daily. We are making friends all over Europe. So no, can't say I'm interested in this concept.

I wish you good luck with this though.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Is there going to be a Council of Ministers?

There will be a king, nobles, vassals, tennants, visitors and outcasts.

how will those be determined in your concept?

Happy new year! ;)

Without having more informations about the possibilities of the management and fealty system, i can't answer these questions profoundly. But i can share the general idea.

Governmental councils

An important goal of this EK is to support the playerbases, especially by providing first but stable national hubs. Hubs they can take with them, once they are big enough. And this goal doesn't need a governmental council in regard of the whole EK.

It will need some kind of leadership regarding the single countries, though. But that's something the country players will have to determine themselves. Their land, their rules. As long as their rules don't endanger the mission of this EK.

The concept is open for cooperation between countries. If after some time some countries want to cooperate in close companionship and want to build some kind of joint council, why not? And if other countries want to seal themselves off completely, why not? Different countries, different customs. Their choice. As long as ... you know.

"Council" as mentioned in the first posting

So why did i speak about a "council" in the first posting? The answer is simple: To give it a name. I could have called it "the order" or "the board" or "the financiers" or something else. In the end the name doesn't matter. The important thing is what stands behind the name. So let me explain.

The basic point of this EK concept ist, that the participating groups don't have to buy strongholds and that they don't even have to wait until they would be able to afford buying them. They can use them immediately, they don't have to pay their price and above theat they won't even have to pay the whole usual recurring maintenance costs.

To make this happen, you will need people who are willing to dedicate their strongholds/parcels to a common goal (besides a concept and an EK where it can take place, obviously). This goal is to help national communities prosper faster and more easy and as independent, flexible,  customizable and future-oriented as possible.

I am not one of those people who create such topics easily, without doing their homework. So, though i am talking about this being a "concept", if i say that a country can upgrade up to a mountain citadel, then this is not a vague possibility. It means that the necessary resources already have been acquired and secured. If half of the countries within the basic concept wants to start with at least a capitol parcel - no problem.

I am convinced, that those who pledged enough to be able to contribute to this concept on this scale, who did it mainly to help the game, and who show this dedication by even contributing significant perks to help the communities (and so the game) prosper, do have the right to make sure that their contributions won't be misused. Call them supervisory board or silent partners if you want to. I like to refer to it as the grey order, because it sounds so mystical. ;) But mostly i just call it the council.

This "council" doesn't "rule", at least not in the usual meaning. Think of them as the Kronos of this EK. Usually they just watch and you may only recognize a shadow from time to time. Unless you act against mother nature herself.

Distribution of positions within the fealty tree

On kingdom level fealty tree positions should be determined based on practical considerations. Up to now we only know

1. Monarch: Can grant cells to nobles, to place parcels
  2. Noble: Can place parcels and grant lots to vassals, to place buildings
  3. Vassal: Can place buildings and grant building access to tennants, to place objects.
  4. Tennants: Can enter buildings and place and use objects.

The monarch will inevitably be the EK holder and in this case that's me.

As for nobles, the game provides a hierarchy with several levels of them -- like knight, baron or duke. We don't know yet, if we can define those ranks ourselves freely or if they are connected to the number of cells or the stronghold or a combination of them.

But i think it's sure to say, that everybody who will be granted to place one of his parcels into his countries region, will be a noble and so will have the right to manage it.  

If a country evolves a leader or a government, the highest leadership position should become a member of the higher nobility, to be able to manage the region on behalf of the country and to grant further nobility ranks as needed.

If we are able to grant nobility freely, the highest country rank will probably be duke. Remember, countries should have the possibility to build country conglomerats if they want to. Their leadership posisition would then be archeduke.

Vassals and tennants should be raised by the country management. In case that out of whatever reason there is no country management, the players will be able to contact the monarch directly to become nobles or vassals. But this should be an exception.

Visitor rights should be determined by the countries, too. You want to restrict access? Then do it (if the system allows it - but i guess it will).

If possible, outcast will be determined on two levels. Kingdom based and country based. However, due to the nature of the game and the EK, such restrictions can only be symbolic. With an open kingdom like this, there is always a way to get in.

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

I certainly think it's interesting - not necessarily because of the specifics, but because of the broader implications hit hints at.

I can see the EK's and the players occupying them being slliced across several orthogonal dimesions, with players moving between them as suits. Many EK's will naturally be guild focused, possibly with alliances forming and occupying the same space. Ideas like Kraahk's based on geographical commonality will be popular I think, whether shared or exclusive. EK's based on trade and professions may form organically for convenience, albeit over a longer period of time. I guess it will mirror real life in some respects. Live and socialise in one area. Work and trade trade in others. I hope we'll see quite a lot of multi-occupancy and social migration, with many starting out as small groups and individuals taking advantage of open government systems like Kraahk's and then setting roots by placing a small footprint in others, or one day their own.

I would have liked it if you would have focused on a more international arrangement to be honest. The whole country thing is totally not interesting for me and I can't say I like this. You should focus on a more international approach in my opinion.

I like our European guild. It has lots of different cultures and we experience and learn new things about each other daily. We are making friends all over Europe. So no, can't say I'm interested in this concept.

That's an interesting feedback. I guess it is based on the many nations - many problems section? I had a long conversation about this somewhere else, but it's to long to translate it. So unfortunately whatever i can say here has to be incomplete.

I don't see, how a kingdom for several nations can be not international (just mentioning it. i know you didn't say so). The whole thought of international interplay is a great thing. And there will be a lot of international guilds and kingdoms. But not everybody speaks for example english.

And what i don't like is the thought that people will be outcasted if they don't fit in - for example because they don't speak the somewhere commonly used language.

Some countries will have their own national community hubs, just like i build one for germany. It has a center and guilds for example can settle down around it. But some countries may just not have the necessary playerbase or enough early backers to get things rolling as early as others. This EK is primarily to support those countries. And others are welcome to join in, even if they have their own community. Germany for example has and will join nevertheless.

Providing dedicated regions is not the same like seperating countries from each other. After all there is a palace as an international center and 1/3 of the whole EK is common land. And after all, all regions are connected by parcels. If they day comes, when a country is big enough to build an own national community hub, the experiences in this EK may help to keep international contacts, even if they are seperated EK-wise then.

However, this EK is not meant to be a guild-driven place anyway. But it's for players who want to group up or socialize otherwise. So guilds are welcome to participate, represent and trade. Either in the national centers or, when it comes to international guilds, in the international main palace.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

I don't see, how a kingdom for several nations can be not international (just mentioning it. i know you didn't say so).

Ah, maybe I have to explain myself a little better. Clearly an EK with a whole bunch of countries is international focused. What I meant to say is that I don't like the EK being divided into countries. It basically will put players from a country together into one part. Instead of focusing on your own countries, people should look at other players from other countries and mingle. There are so many cultures in Europe and you can learn a lot (culture, languages, etc.) by just playing together. It is majorly fun too.

A friend and guild member of mine from Poland is going to visit me this weekend. This would never happened if I focused our guild on The Netherlands alone! Some of us met last summer at the Travian Gamescom VIP Party as well. Members traveled from all over Europe to meet. It was really great. I feel you will miss out on a lot of experiences if you stick to your own country only. Maybe this is Dutch way of thinking though. We always have been looking outwards to discover the world.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I think this is an interesting concept, worth thinking and talking about more.

I like the social, language/country based aspect of it, and I think it might help foster a sense of greater community, the way it is easier to feel connected to a fraction of a whole, and via that also feeling connected to the greater whole.

The problematic aspect is that it seems to work in competition with the guilds, because of resources, so for this to take off, it might need to work in tandem with regular guilds instead.

One obvious way to do this might be to be a bit more fluid when allocating the space, and to make a place for international guilds to put their bases here, instead of each in their own EK. So, for example, any pan-European guild can get a space in the pan-European center of the Kingdom, and, say, a pan-Scandinavian guild can get a region in the north, adjecent to the national Swedish, Danish and so on areas where national guilds can put their bases.

This might make the administration and upkeep a bit more organic. If there is only one Danish guild, it's natural that they administer the Danish region. If more pop up, they share the administrative responsibility.

It might mean that players don't have to choose between putting their playing effort into supporting a specific guild and supporting this idea.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

Ah, maybe I have to explain myself a little better. Clearly an EK with a whole bunch of countries is international focused. What I meant to say is that I don't like the EK being divided into countries. It basically will put players from a country together into one part. Instead of focusing on your own countries, people should look at other players from other countries and mingle. There are so many cultures in Europe and you can learn a lot (culture, languages, etc.) by just playing together. It is majorly fun too.

A friend and guild member of mine from Poland is going to visit me this weekend. This would never happened if I focused our guild on The Netherlands alone! Some of us met last summer at the Travian Gamescom VIP Party as well. Members traveled from all over Europe to meet. It was really great. I feel you will miss out on a lot of experiences if you stick to your own country only. Maybe this is Dutch way of thinking though. We always have been looking outwards to discover the world.

Thanks for your answer. I absolutely agree. And this EK follows the same spirit. So you may understand why i am suprised when you basically say the same, but say it as if this EK would be something completely different. I understand that your point is the seperate strongholds. So maybe i have to explain myself a bit better, too. To do so i'll pick up your example.

Yes, some of us met at the party, members from all over europe, and it was great. I know. I was there. Remember? I do. You were sitting at the table to my right. We didn't have a chat, though. Now, why is that? And the answer is simple and, more important, it is a perfect example of what this kingdom is going to do.

As soon as people arrived, and i was one of the first and actively looking at the dynamics, they started to group up. Mostly according to their country or guild or other group. Most people didn't change tables, not talking to others but their group members, for a long time. But the point is, some of them did. And the more time passed, the more people exchanged. 

Did the mass of them intermingle immediately, not forming their already known groups first? And no, they didn't! That's the point. For most it took time to get warm. And for some (a lot) of them, this time was not enough time. But (at least i hope so) everybody went home and said, what a nice international gathering -- and maybe even: i'll be here again next time and internationality is fun and so i want more of it.

This EK concept is basically the same. The EK is the party, the strongholds are the desks and the main palace is the buffet.

And sorry, but i have to say it: it's no good to compare this concept with caldera focusing on the netherlands alone. This EK is not focusing on a single country. It invites them all to meet there. Somewhere things have to start. I envy every guild or group that is already in the middle of it. But not everybody is.

'Truly' looking outwards to discover the world also implies to look back from time to time and to invite those who are not already beside you and to wait for them -- and not in an all-or-nothing way but in a way that gives them the time they need. Otherwise we'll leave behind who under different circumstances might have gone the whole way.

And i am not willing to leave anybody behind.

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

One obvious way to do this might be to be a bit more fluid when allocating the space, and to make a place for international guilds to put their bases here, instead of each in their own EK. So, for example, any pan-European guild can get a space in the pan-European center of the Kingdom, and, say, a pan-Scandinavian guild can get a region in the north, adjecent to the national Swedish, Danish and so on areas where national guilds can put their bases.

This might make the administration and upkeep a bit more organic. If there is only one Danish guild, it's natural that they administer the Danish region. If more pop up, they share the administrative responsibility.

The only limit is the limited space of a kingdom. And as i mentioned above, in this concept countries have the possibility to build conglomerates if they want to. International guilds can get places in the international palace and local guilds in the local (and the international) strongholds - if the country decides to do so.

If we can stitch EK's together, there will be no limits. If we can't stitch but the demand is given, it's always possible just to split up into several kingdoms.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

I would really welcome the Idea! It sound's really interesting. 
Europe as such is manageable. I would really love to see Switzerland. 
A little country in the middle of everyone. I guess there aren't much player/backers from Switzerland right now.  

So it would even fit the real Switzerland - little. But I hope I'm not the only one then, lol 

The Ravenheart segmentation is mostly about languages. Germany and Austria for example will most probably work together in one province (since they already do within the CFC).

I could nevertheless imagine a small 'neutral' ;) province between the french, german and italian speaking provinces, so people from switzerland can work together within their own realm while being able to easily access the main province of one of their spoken languages.

It's simply a question of demand. Get enough people from switzerland to play Crowfall and one who manages the province (maybe you?) and the Ravenheart will make it possible.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

The Ravenheart Segmentation,... okay! I think you also mentioned that in my other topic! Will definitely check it out! 
Yeah, It would be nice! I mean we don't have to be neutral in that case.. I mean for a little exchange in gold or money or any financial stuff (digital financial stuff of course not RL) and we would be right at the front too :) Maybe deal with some ressources. Let 'em pass through Switzerland, the Gotthard :P.

"...so people from switzerland can work together within their own realm while being able to easily access the main province of one of their spoken languages."

Absolutely, that would be very cool! 

Yeah gotta find some people. But that's pretty difficult - I don't know any friend who ever funded a game or similar... :( But I'm sure I'll find someone, otherwise it's just me (: 

So am I right: First task to do is to ask Ravenheart for an alliance / partnership - so I could place my tiny switzerland between the frenchies, german's and italians?

Edited by SirPenetrator