Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
audiowyz

Beta 2 ETA?

Hi all. Did some searching, and I'm having a tough time finding out any news on Beta 2's start. It looks like Beta 1 just went, but can't confirm that either. All I see are pre-alpha discussions in the forums. Is there a good news forum to check out? Does anyone have any info for me? 

I'd like to get into the test, and would invest in the Contributor upgrade pack to Alpha 3.0, but if Beta 2 is around the corner I won't bother. Plus the playtest schedule is kind of useless.

Thanks, Cheers.

Edited by audiowyz

The game is still in pre-alpha, but people with access levels up to Beta 1 have been invited to participate.

I don't know when the Beta 2 group will be invited. but it is likely it will be before the game is technically in "beta."

ACE probably should have named the testing access levels something else, since they don't align with the actual testing phases.

IhhQKY6.gif

If you pledge to Beta 1, you get immediate access. They just allowed Beta 1 group(The game is still is pre-alpha, but the pre alpha, alpha, and beta1 test groups have access) in the past couple of weeks. Now this is all opinion on my part but,  I don't see them inviting Beta 2 for a couple months unless they're trying to stress/break the server, and if they do that.. I don't see all of Beta 2 getting in.  I could be completely wrong and I know there is said to be an announcement tomorrow.  Might know more / have some type of schedule announced then.

@HolyCrowfall

Twitter.com/HolyCrowfall

Found this post regarding Beta 2 access:

We've committed that the Beta 1 backers will be in testing before the end of year.  Beta 2 will get access sometime in early 2017 (1st quarter).

IhhQKY6.gif

Thanks all for the responses. Now I was a kickstarter that had "beta 2 access." Now these other options I see avialable now have "beta 2 access with all subsequent tests." Think that is the same for me? Trying to prevent having to drop another $55 on the game to try it before launch.

Yes, you will have access to every test once your group is added to the testing.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Yes, you will have access to every test once your group is added to the testing.

There is one caveat to this though. With each new milestone, they begin by inviting the pre-alpha testers first, then alpha 1, then alpha 2 and so on. So even though you were in a prior test phase, you might not get into the subsequent test phase immediately when it begins, but you will get in.

That's how they have done it so far, though it's possible that they will abandon that strategy in the future as the size of the worlds increases and the need for more concurrent players grows.