Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dirkoff

In-game Guild Support

Crowfall is a guild based MMO, it is not meant to be played solo. Therefore, what guild support should Crowfall be implementing?

EKs form the base for a guild and sort of player housing, consisting of Castles (of differing sizes) and surrounding land that can be utilised for different guild based activities.

But what else will a guild need in Crowfall?

• Searchable register of guilds, with guild descriptions, size, timezones, activity levels etc.
  • Guild join request mechanism
  • Guild Crests, Flags or Guild Markers and Banners of some description for use in CWs and the EKs.
  • Guild nameplate tag.
  • Guild text chat.
  • Guild 'Message of the Day' and Noticeboard.
  • Guild Banks, with shared storage with access levels.
  • Customisable Guild Ranks for members. 
  • In-game calendars and event notification.
  • Guild member activity indicators (perhaps a green, amber, red) or days since last loggin.
  • Guild perks for CW wins and/or activity levels.

Are there any other guild features that people would like to see in Crowfall?

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

Are there any other guild features that people would like to see in Crowfall?

Either a data interface or all registers and lists should be copyable by CTRL+C, so guilds can utilize the data in their own data processing systems.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

A guild leader doesn't have to be necessarily a single man. There could be some policy and a ruling council or so. In-game notes to store information about allied guilds for guild leader or an alliance system (just notes may be better, so an alliance is never in black and white). Extended trading system could be usefull if you want to arm your whole guild at once. A way to infiltrate the guild and read their messages, chat and more. Some guild skills or unique additional skills for leaders would be nice. Guild members temporary statistics to measure each member's importance and consider promotions. Ability to create more potential guild chats and create a groups within a guild (subguilds). See what archetypes are most played by each member and which the guild may need to hire. Some message system (write all, or pop-up notice board?). Embargo. History book. Guild tax (enforced contribution to the guild bank). I would also like somehow implemented mercenary system, so it is not done as regular trading (would be difficult for more expensive contracts).

It is difficult to say for sure which functions needs to be included, which are optional and which will better be excluded in this stage. Some of mentioned extensions may be considered though.

Edited by ChosenofCastle

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

I like the idea of a Guild identifying who their Allies are.  Add open declarations of "War" with certain Guilds status.  Everyone else is Neutral.

A Guild KOS Board listing of individuals who've besmirched the honor of our Glorious Guild.  No rewards attached to avoid shenanigans, but their Guild name listed with them. Perhaps an interesting "drama" gage if we have individual's on KOS but their guild is either Neutral or perhaps even Allied.

Is there argument for some form of Tax every week/month?  Personally I feel there should be cap limits to avoid material/damaging shenanigans (over charging), but all Guild members should be contributing SOMETHING on a regular basis to the Guild.  (??)

How about some kind of "Jobs Board" ALLIED Guilds participate in?

The idea here is that all Guilds part of the same Alliance would have a common "jobs available" posting on this board.  So, if you were a small guild maybe you'd want to partcipate with The Big Guild in a certain CW.  Essentially hiring out as Mercs, if you will.  As with any Alliance the issue is you, as the small guild, are providing man-power in the overall Guild/Alliance Machine competing on the map. Have a need for some protection muscle for your harvesters, but you are already tapped out on manpower?  Put up a posting on the Alliance Jobs Board, "Muscle Needed To Protect harvesters".

Not sure about that last one, but a thought relative to War, and what goes on between Alliances.  But, I suppose basic Chat fills a lot of that need, not to mention a downside with an ez-mode way to spy for potential activity . . . (?)

Edited by Bramble

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

So is a guild.

Not doubt.  However, this doesn't mean that this needs to be hard coded into the User Interface of the game.

Here's a practical example:  Ideally, folks probably want some method to recognize whether there are members of the same "side" in a fight.

One option is to build nameplates into the user interface and have those nameplates show whether you are a friend or a foe.

Alternatively, you can allow players to wear color coded tabards to accomplish the same thing.

I strongly prefer the later, (especially since players have the option to wear an opposing side's colors)

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

im guessing guildmates cant attack each other... so add an alliance tap as well to that system

This sounds horrific.

I agree that most guilds won't want guildmates attacking each other but the game shouldn't enforce this decision.

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

Friendly fire settings will be determined on a campaign by campaign basis. Feel free to choose campaigns with as soft or hard a core as you like.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Guild support will be very important for a lot of reasons. And I think they will get it right. There was a damn fine guild system in Shadowbane and if they can expand on that a bit they'll be in great shape. Guards, reverse KOS, vendors, permissions, locks, channels. All that stuff will be great.

The area of guild support I wish they'd focus hard on is recruitment for new players to the game. If there's no contextual, in-game system to put players with existing guilds or at least with one another lots of new players will likely leave before they see the amazing things the group play in the game has to offer. Start with an NPC thrall you can train under "Leadership" and buy from the store or craft that specializes in recruitment to be places at the entry to the EK. Perhaps in a CW as well, outside the gate. Lots of possibilities.

At worst they'll just need to drop group I'd imagine.

You won't be able to drop faction in God's Reach or Infected. Dregs, you're probably right.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

There will still be groups. I'd expect FF outside groups even with factions, but either is possible I guess.

I highly doubt they will enable FF in factional campaigns.

People would simply join an enemy faction and intentionally FF their faction. And not just to grief, but to win campaigns.

IhhQKY6.gif

While all of these are good ideas i dont think most of them are needed. At least the communication and guild search stuff.

Anything related to notices or communications are basically at this point a moot point. Between Discord, VoIP server, forums the reliance on in-game communication is alot less.

So while they may be in the game, i expect them to be pretty basic.

CfWBSig.png

While all of these are good ideas i dont think most of them are needed. At least the communication and guild search stuff.

Anything related to notices or communications are basically at this point a moot point. Between Discord, VoIP server, forums the reliance on in-game communication is alot less.

So while they may be in the game, i expect them to be pretty basic.

I could agree with you because I am in a guild with good organisation and communication structure but for new players finding a guild that fits their play style and online times will be essential. I never played Shadow Bane but from what I've read this was one of the main criticism of the in-game guild support.

EVE Online has a good in-game searchable database of guilds with filters (e.g. 'PVP only' or 'mining type' guilds).

Other guilds may not have the 'out-of-game' tools and websites (you might say 'so what! its a hardcore PvP game'). But, IMO CF should provide a minimal set for these types of guilds. I don't agree with integrating voice comms into the game but simple guild noticeboards, messaging and guild chat should be available.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!