Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Templar Powers and UI - Official discussion thread

So as others have said, the Knight but plain better at everything. Perhaps the knight still has more stuns but he is loooong in need of a rework along with the other initial Archetypes.

Regardless the Templar looks interesting and I can't wait to try it.

The cross play with Sin actually bothers me a little bit lore wise. It bothers me because the reason that Confessors build up sin on a target it because they attribute the hunger as being an being generated internally by Men(or whoever they come across) so they build that up to absolve them of it.

The Templar viewing it as an external source really doesn't make sense for attributing sin to the person themselves because of this difference in viewpoint.

Now, ignoring lore, I think it is not a bad idea mechanically and will help out the confessor a lot. Just lore wise, it is odd to have Templars build up the stacks of sin.

C4sIZDW.gif

The cross play with Sin actually bothers me a little bit lore wise. It bothers me because the reason that Confessors build up sin on a target it because they attribute the hunger as being an being generated internally by Men(or whoever they come across) so they build that up to absolve them of it.

The Templar viewing it as an external source really doesn't make sense for attributing sin to the person themselves because of this difference in viewpoint.

I see where you're coming from... The way sin works for a Templar is more... if you strike those with sin, you gain righteousness.  Which makes sense.  I think they could make it lore compatible if instead of Devotion charging whoever's healed to strike sin into others.... enemies could only gain sin vs a Templar by attacking them during righteous stand or the Templar & allies during devotion or divine light.  

@HolyCrowfall

Twitter.com/HolyCrowfall

I see where you're coming from... The way sin works for a Templar is more... if you strike those with sin, you gain righteousness.  Which makes sense.  I think they could make it lore compatible if instead of Devotion charging whoever's healed to strike sin into others.... enemies could only gain sin vs a Templar by attacking them during righteous stand or the Templar & allies during devotion or divine light.  

I guess my hangup is that confessors ascribe sin to a target whether or not they may be guilty of said offense(fanatics) and follow up by purifying them with fire. It does not make sense that a Templar would indiscriminately "accuse" everyone as being sinners and gain benefit from hitting someone who was a sinner. 

Now I do agree that it could definitely fit lore wise if it was them being hit that generated sin on the targets.

Then again, I don't think a game should be fully balanced around lore but I do like the lore to fit the general layout of the class/archetype/race/whatever.

C4sIZDW.gif

I guess my hangup is that confessors ascribe sin to a target whether or not they may be guilty of said offense(fanatics) and follow up by purifying them with fire. It does not make sense that a Templar would indiscriminately "accuse" everyone as being sinners and gain benefit from hitting someone who was a sinner. 

I agree with this, but I look at it like Confessors view that the Sin's of Man created the Hunger.... While Templar's view that the Hunger can cause Sin in man.  Templar's aren't there to forgive Sin, but will combat it when faced against it.  I mean they do have a big "subject to change" in the beginning... maybe when it's all hammered out, different promotions of Templar could effectively do different sin building styles.

@HolyCrowfall

Twitter.com/HolyCrowfall

So what are you going to change her tank description and icon to from the current "dodge"?

As a side note and similar to the points i raised about the ranger being the best designed "tank/support" in another thread - it looks like you've actually designed the tank/support and healing mechanics here far better than say the legio or knight - they are tied to combat, targets and actions rather than easy mode button mush [and not just your based on your targets being able to just ignore you like say knight when they are competent]

i welcome the templar as having support elements given that we sadly only have 2 support archetype options - giving limited choice to that playstyle and in addition, as we see now, if one of them is easier and more overpowered than the other there is little incentive to not just stack 2 as opposed to one of each...

looks like too self-sufficient and will be probably OP =)

self heal + dash + block + contrattacks + CC + dps?

you literally just described the myrm to the letter

[berserk 100% healing, x3 movement powers combined with second highest base movement speed increase, berserk, berserk damage increase, knockdown,stun,root + DPS DPS DPS with self nature avatar on left clicks and one shot a whole group power while invuln and knocking down...]

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

you literally just described the myrm to the letter

[berserk 100% healing, x3 movement powers combined with second highest base movement speed increase, berserk, berserk damage increase, knockdown,stun,root + DPS DPS DPS with self nature avatar on left clicks and one shot a whole group power while invuln and knocking down...]

relax. will be fixed for sure.

and I do not care =) my main will be druid probably =)

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

looks like too self-sufficient and will be probably OP =)

self heal + dash + block + contrattacks + CC + dps?

the thing is u have to kit all this it is not like u will have access to DMG healing blocks etc. its a limited action set so while u may be able to survive who says u will do a ton of dmg at the same time 

I am a little bit concerned everybody will drop the knight and become a templar!?  :)

Everybody already dropped the knight (and champion too) to become myrmidons  :D

Devs aren't worrying too much about balance at this point, when all ATs are out and they move on to balancing them, hopefully there will be enough time to give the older ATs like knight, champ and legio a complete revamp.