Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Out-of-the-box Druid versus Customized Druid

Anthrage

Having had some time to test and gather information, it occurs to me that the difference between a day 1 minute 1 druid with no gear and no skills trained is more significant than I'd realized, from one who has added valued to their existing skills via that kind of customization. Not just in terms of efficiency or effectiveness but in modifications or additions to their own abilities or that of others.

These value adds range from the subtle to the significant, and can be opened up through power synergies, equipment types, equipment modifiers, trained skills and other factors. To say nothing of what will be possible with Disciplines. I feel I have so underestimated this customization and modification that my position on the Essence system may have to change...it might be the case that it seems a burden only because it is being experienced via the default platform of an out of the box Druid, it may be a balanced and designed in the context of how it manifests with mid or max level modifications in play.

I'll be putting up some more testing videos here after this test session, where I hope to show some examples of the above - those that are available now without top tier equipment or high level skills. Things are much more complex than I realized.

Indeed.

As i said elsewhere: a lot of it comes down to learning curve as well.

The nature's bond combo (contain essence or empower) combined with sacrifice and life's essence scram give more than ample control over essence even at this stage for either a life focused, mix or death focused playstyle.

And that is before looking at the promotion skill training:

e.g. Witch gains in/out combat essence GENERATION

e.g. Earthkeeper gains in/out combat essence DECAY

Edited by Tinnis

I've been playing druid this test but haven't tried plate out yet...I don't think armor set bonuses are in for any class though. Leather bonus mitigation from layers is not working either I'm pretty sure.

• 2 months later...

Looking for somewhere this question might fit. If you are a Druid is the Druid skill tree the only one you can access? IE if I wanted to be out of the box and focus solely on dmg do I not have access to the Confessor tree? Or if I wanted support and AC could I go down the Legionnaire skill tree, for examples?

14 minutes ago, Jesteric said:

Looking for somewhere this question might fit. If you are a Druid is the Druid skill tree the only one you can access? IE if I wanted to be out of the box and focus solely on dmg do I not have access to the Confessor tree? Or if I wanted support and AC could I go down the Legionnaire skill tree, for examples?

No, the Druid tree only applies to Druids, similarly, the Confessor tree only applies to Confessors and the Legionnaire tree to Legionnaires. If you want damage, go down the Combat Principles tree, or promote to a Witch; if you want support, there's currently no skill in the universal trees that gives support power, iirc, but that should be changed once the Devs revisit the trees, or promote to an Earthkeeper(?)

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.