Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rikhards

I want to do shady business, but i don't want to give guild a bad rep

Obviously we are not sure how we are going to see the guilds presented with the players, but if there's a guild name/tabard or something similar. I wish i could temporarily hide it so what ever i do is not connected to the guild because i'm very aware of the possibility of being a thief and do nasty things to other players i would like to have the option to become somewhat "unknown" if i ever happen to be in a mood for some hooligan moves.

I don't think i've ever seen/played an mmo with this option except for personal option to hide all guild names. I believe it could spice things up when you didn't know where exactly the people belong and which guilds they are affiliated with especially in a game like crowfall seems to be.

You are dreaming, there isnt any kind of gameplay available like this in the game and it wont for another year I bet.

First I would like to see a game working like intended, before these nice dreams.

But I cant see much looking at Crowfall for 2 years.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

You are dreaming, there isnt any kind of gameplay available liek this in the game and it wont for another year I bet.

First I would like to see a game working like intended, before these nice dreams.

If i get you here then you're saying that there's no way you could be somewhat of a thief? I mean even now people can kill others while they are harvesting stuff and get all the goods from them. Or are you talking about the whole thing about guild names and such?

If i get you here then you're saying that there's no way you could be somewhat of a thief? I mean even now people can kill others while they are harvesting stuff and get all the goods from them. Or are you talking about the whole thing about guild names and such?

You got that right.

Crowfall now and the next 2 years is nothing else than a kill or get killed simulator.

Those role playing aspects like you envision it, wont be in this game for at least another 2 years, if you want something like that, I would go to another game like Shroud of the Avatar or such, because there its core of the game vision I guess, at Crowfall it isnt.

They have difficulties to get the basic game vision done already, so what you are talking about is just day dreaming, they wont get that into the game anywhere near the next 2 years, maybe they even dont want it. For this kind of thing you should go to another game i guess.

Edited by Urahara

Well i guess in that case i'll just keep dreaming.

The game being a simulator of kill or be killed isn't exactly true imo. The whole specializing in crafting/gathering what ever you want wouldn't be there if it had nothing but fighting in it. Obviously what I've been saying isn't that you're ever going to do this kind of stuff solo.

And as i previously said "... in a game like crowfall seems to be." i'm already saying i don't know how it's gonna be.

I actually want games where people aren't given free information about which guild you are in unless you display that information willingly.

I'd love if the only way people could visually identify your guild was through a tabard. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Think of an improved version of Guildwars 2 WvW if you think of Crowfall. With a nice housing aspect.

But not of a vibrant, living world, like in a PvE focused game, and so many times promised to us by developers. This wont be no difference this time as well.

I actually want games where people aren't given free information about which guild you are in unless you display that information willingly.

I'd love if the only way people could visually identify your guild was through a tabard. 

Exactly something that i'd like to see too. That would also make it easy to do what i want to see, equip/unequip should be pretty easy.

Um.. Ya'll did read this right?

http://crowfall.com/en/news/crows-of-many-colors/

"We’ll also provide players the ability to dye their equipment for more personalization of a vessel. A guild, for instance, will be able to ensure that their entire team is wearing equipment that reflects the colors of their guild’s crest if they choose. This can help provide unity among a group and easier identification on the battlefield. Or an individual could go rogue and choose to dye their equipment with whatever colors suits their tastes or vessel’s character best. It’s really a matter of choice."

I'm with Viking on this one. I would prefer that outside of your own guild/group, the only way to tell what guild/group someone is in should be through visual identification and recognition.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Black Desert Online had a cosmetic item you could buy for real cash money that would make all your identifiable information disappear until you removed it. Many people felt this was a "pay to win" mechanic, which was an easy argument to make. In that particular game not having text above the head of your opponent made them incredibly hard to track in PvP. I custard hated it.

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

I'm with Viking on this one. I would prefer that outside of your own guild/group, the only way to tell what guild/group someone is in should be through visual identification and recognition.

The options should be there, it is up to individuals if they want to wear guild tabards or colours and have the guild tag in the nameplate.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

Um.. Ya'll did read this right?

http://crowfall.com/en/news/crows-of-many-colors/

"We’ll also provide players the ability to dye their equipment for more personalization of a vessel. A guild, for instance, will be able to ensure that their entire team is wearing equipment that reflects the colors of their guild’s crest if they choose. This can help provide unity among a group and easier identification on the battlefield. Or an individual could go rogue and choose to dye their equipment with whatever colors suits their tastes or vessel’s character best. It’s really a matter of choice."

I must have missed this. Thanks for the link. Nice to know they have had the similar idea in mind.

You want to do a shady business and you told us about it. I think a jail will be prepared for you very quickly as soon as shady business is in-game.

You think you will still remember me when the game launches? And the chances are that i might not evendo anthing. You'll never know ;)

Edited by Rikhards

You are dreaming, there isnt any kind of gameplay available like this in the game and it wont for another year I bet.

thought this was the suggestion box part of the forums... not the realistic expectations that make full sense to be in the game at releases section of the forums.

as I see it anyone can post any idea they may dream up... maybe a few will make it into the game or perhaps an idea will trigger another idea that does be it for launch or 5 years from now 

So go right ahead and dream Rikhards

thought this was the suggestion box part of the forums... not the realistic expectations that make full sense to be in the game at releases section of the forums.

as I see it anyone can post any idea they may dream up... maybe a few will make it into the game or perhaps an idea will trigger another idea that does be it for launch or 5 years from now 

So go right ahead and dream Rikhards

Thats right, sorry. I didnt mean it that way. I also wish that this all would be in the game with so many other stuff they still need to do. I was just upset, because by now after 2 years already there is so less of the game been made, that its absolutely clear that we wont get a great game in 2017. You cant just make Crowfall a great game within this 1 year left if they already let 2 years pass by and thats the result. There is only so much you can do within one year, so nobody should hold his breath for Crowfall. The progress will continue to be very slow and there wont be any great features, it will all be very very basic. No new technologies or something different than you know already. Just am improved version of GW 2 WvW. Thats basically all that is going to happen, and what you should expect. If they can raise the bar in 2018 is yet to be seen, but yes, lets hope.

Thats right, sorry. I didnt mean it that way. I also wish that this all would be in the game with so many other stuff they still need to do. I was just upset, because by now after 2 years already there is so less of the game been made, that its absolutely clear that we wont get a great game in 2017. You cant just make Crowfall a great game within this 1 year left if they already let 2 years pass by and thats the result. There is only so much you can do within one year, so nobody should hold his breath for Crowfall. The progress will continue to be very slow and there wont be any great features, it will all be very very basic. No new technologies or something different than you know already. Just am improved version of GW 2 WvW. Thats basically all that is going to happen, and what you should expect. If they can raise the bar in 2018 is yet to be seen, but yes, lets hope.

You ever watch a building being put up?

For months and months there will be an empty lot with piles of building materials laying around, and it looks like nothing is getting done.

The suddenly, as if over night, framing starts and within a week or so there is a building standing where one was not.  

Modular software development is like that.  Most shops won't let you see the empty lot and building materials, and will only let you take a peek once the framing has already started.  I think big world is the point where the framing started for Crowfall, just look at all the systems that suddenly appeared.  Crafting, skill trees, resources harvesting, spirit bank, custom unique maps, etc etc etc.

I think we are at the point where there are going to be weekly, measurable advancements made from here on out.  It's going to be a wild ride.

Make it a skill and give a check to be able to discern someone's guild affiliation.  Call the skill Politics and give it a few more abilities.  Like a map of the shard and territories that guilds are claiming, especially if forts are built or occupied. Maybe give a cheaper rate on taxes.

i bet VIKINGNAIL is even playing reallife in hardcore-mode 

Edited by elvo

6XZoThV.jpg