Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

attributes for wood

elvo

heyho, i´ve been experimenting alot with attributes on different mats today but im a little confused on wood.

this site(->http://crowfall.wikia.com/wiki/Resources) lists the following attributes on wood (planks)

Knotwood = Nothing

Oak = Crit %

Ash = HP

Spruce = Attack Power

Birch = Stamina

Yew = Increased Lifesteal (you have to allready have lifesteal abilities for this to work).

further the article says: 

"And when you then combine 3 planks into a staff limb the Attributes of the chosen planks are then all given to the staff limb."

so i went ahead and crafted 4 staff limbs with: 3x knotwood, 3x birch, 3x ash, 1x ash, 1x birch, 1x knotwood

yet all results were the same, i dont see any stats at all (its the same with hide->stitched leather)

so my question:

-do you have to finish the staff for the attributes to take effect? (for example: a metal bar shows you its attributes straight up and a plank should be the equivalent to a metal bar, right?)

-has someone tried this and can confirm the stats the wiki gave us?

-is it the same case for stitched leather and leatherworking? (the stats being invisible until you actually combine them)

thanks alot, cheers

6XZoThV.jpg

Yeah, you have to craft a component before stats start showing up. 

For example, When crafting an Oak Plank, Crit Chance doesn't appear on the plank, but when you use the planks to make a staff limb, the crit chance should show up at that point.

I have tried and can confirm that Oak is Crit Chance, Birch is Stamina, Spruce is Attack Power, Ash is HP, and Yew is Lifesteal.

This is indeed that case for stitched leather, you won't see the stats until you make a component with it, like a leather weapon grip.

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

For example, When crafting an Oak Plank, Crit Chance doesn't appear on the plank, but when you use the planks to make a staff limb, the crit chance should show up at that point.

thats weird i have crafted 4 different staff limbs and the only thing thats different is the durability, no stats at all http://i.imgur.com/9sBpkVw.gifv

6XZoThV.jpg

thats weird i have crafted 4 different staff limbs and the only thing thats different is the durability, no stats at all http://i.imgur.com/9sBpkVw.gifv

Hmm, that is strange. Are you positive you used Oak Planks and not Knotwood Planks, they have the same UI so you might've confused them. If you're sure, try crafting whatever requires a staff limb and see if the stats show up then.

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Hmm, that is strange. Are you positive you used Oak Planks and not Knotwood Planks, they have the same UI so you might've confused them. If you're sure, try crafting whatever requires a staff limb and see if the stats show up then.

i crafted 4 different limbs, knotwood, birch, oak and ash

ill test it again next week

6XZoThV.jpg

Once upon a time when you crafted plank you could see these stats on it (same way as on metal bar). But then an Evil Wizard attacked our Kingdom and made those stats on planks invisible for unknown reason (maybe because he is evil). Nowadays we live in a dark world, and only the oldest men and the ancient manuscripts, like this wiki, remember the times before the Evil. But we still hope for a Hero to bring us back to light!

:D

Edited by sedside