Holy

Templar Lore Discussion

So the FIRST LOOK of the Templar has been posted.

There's a POWERS AND UI Discussion Thread

In that, a couple of us discussed how the Lore should affect the powers.  I feel as it was mostly on topic there but I could see where a real breakdown of the Lore would be more clutter than help in a Powers and UI area.

Things discussed...

General Lore about what a Templar should be and how should those be represented in the game?

What changes do you want to see from the base Templar in the promotions?

How do you feel the Righteousness / Sin mechanic should be represented based on the Templar Lore?  Should it be changed to fit the Lore, or should the Lore be changed to fit the mechanic?

I'm just curious how others view what a Templar should be.

I personally don't like vessel/archetype lore when it tries to tie a archetype to a specific God or belief philosophy.

It seems off to inhabit a Templar vessel who worshiped the sun god when fighting on behalf of Maeve for example.

I don't think it has been fully established if the Crow inhabited Vessel is more possessed and fully controlled by the crow or just resurected empowered, and perhaps given a few instinctive "goals" that they feel they need to do, has it? A pure possession explanation, while a bit of a bummer to the rper in me, would solve that problem easily, the other could probably be made to work in theory.

Am I the only one that would love an update that was pure lore on how Crows work?

I don't think it has been fully established if the Crow inhabited Vessel is more possessed and fully controlled by the crow or just resurected empowered, and perhaps given a few instinctive "goals" that they feel they need to do, has it? A pure possession explanation, while a bit of a bummer to the rper in me, would solve that problem easily, the other could probably be made to work in theory.

Am I the only one that would love an update that was pure lore on how Crows work?

Yes, I would really like that as well. Up to this point I just get this feeling of the lore being very dettached from the actual gameplay as we know it to be so far. Crows are ressurected to fight in the name of a god, but they can change god allegiances every campaign... some archetypes are closely tied to a specific god (confessors and templars being the main example here, but many others as well), however we will see those archetypes fighting for all sorts of different gods... I don't know. Something just feels off. A heavy lore update when the vessel system comes live would be nice to tie it all up.