Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey Gods Of Pvp - What Pov Do You Use Ingame?

oridi

So I'm flailing around in the Moors in LOTRO (Orrrrrrrrrrrrc!) and made an evil Sith in SWTOR (Wanna duel?  Wanna Duel? *duel request *duel request omg I'm that annoying person always spamming duel requests...) to start at least being able to not trip over my own feet in PvP.

One thing that has shown up is the PoV of my ingame camera while PvP'ing. I'm used to using an over my shoulder view from above - pulled out enough to take in the mob I'm solo fighting or the full team if I'm grouped.  Bear in mind I'm usually playing a healer so that PoV is what has always worked best for me.

I'm finding it does not work as well in PvP.  I'm missing clues in animations that show what skill is coming next but when I zoom in more and go  "face to face" in my PoV I don't feel like I have enough awareness of my environment and wind up against walls/fall off edges.

What PoV are you using for solo PvP? 

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

You want to give enough of a view to be able to look around, but the closer your camera is moved in, the sooner you can turn your character.

It really all boils down to personal preference though!

I prefer mine at this range https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYnr0laVAp0.

For awareness you really need to use ingame sound, and the minimap. It isn't all in the eye.

Edited by cannibal man

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

So I'm flailing around in the Moors in LOTRO (Orrrrrrrrrrrrc!) and made an evil Sith in SWTOR (Wanna duel?  Wanna Duel? *duel request *duel request omg I'm that annoying person always spamming duel requests...) to start at least being able to not trip over my own feet in PvP.

One thing that has shown up is the PoV of my ingame camera while PvP'ing. I'm used to using an over my shoulder view from above - pulled out enough to take in the mob I'm solo fighting or the full team if I'm grouped.  Bear in mind I'm usually playing a healer so that PoV is what has always worked best for me.

I'm finding it does not work as well in PvP.  I'm missing clues in animations that show what skill is coming next but when I zoom in more and go  "face to face" in my PoV I don't feel like I have enough awareness of my environment and wind up against walls/fall off edges.

What PoV are you using for solo PvP? 

IMHO. no two people are same so it boils down to find what works the best for you. In 11 years of gaming I have yet to find the holy grail of camera angle and zoom that is the best for everyone.

You want to give enough of a view to be able to look around, but the closer your camera is moved in, the sooner you can turn your character.

It really all boils down to personal preference though!

I prefer mine at this range https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYnr0laVAp0.

For awareness you really need to use ingame sound, and the minimap. It isn't all in the eye.

"Lady Lillian"

I totally forgot about that crazy woman (or guy pretending to be a girl? I forget). Jesus Christ.

"Lady Lillian"

I totally forgot about that crazy woman (or guy pretending to be a girl? I forget). Jesus Christ.

Yeah, my mind still goes into a weird crevasse whenever I think of that strange person.

Just because the avg Christian doesn't behead ppl...Its still lame to insult Jesus and their beliefs.

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

Just because the avg Christian doesn't behead ppl...Its still lame to insult Jesus and their beliefs.

If you consider "Jesus Christ" an insult..... lol, its a saying man, chill out.

my personal preference is for ranged dps and heals as far out as possible depending on the terrain, for mele dps and tanks medium range. 

Edited by stevencolbear

If you can't dazzle em with brilliance, baffle em with truthiness

Thanks all for the info/suggestions.

I actually won a 1v1 PvP duel today - my first!  That's right - tremble in yer boots everyone because now I have a completely false sense of well being.  Raaawwrrrrrr!

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

I actually won a 1v1 PvP duel today - my first!  That's right - tremble in yer boots everyone because now I have a completely false sense of well being.  Raaawwrrrrrr!

As the wise man once said: The road to PvP leetness starts with one kill.

As the wise man once said: The road to PvP leetness starts with one kill.

tumblr_static_gollum.jpg

If you can't dazzle em with brilliance, baffle em with truthiness

How is saying "Jesus Christ" as an exclamation insulting to Jesus or Christians?